how often does this really happen??

band releases a record, and adds bonus tracks.

bonus tracks are the live recordings from a radio show.

band then releases 7 inch.

2 songs on 7'' are offical versions of songs from live radio show.

so, the songs are technically new unreleased material.

but i feel bummed because i've heard these songs before, they aren't"brand new" songs.

does that make sense?

overthinking this?

So are you complaining about getting official studio versions of non-album songs or asking how often this happens? Because this thread is pretty silly either way.

no. what i'm saying is; that it's wierd to hear songs on a release prior to there being an "offical" version. seeing has there is usually the offical version and then the live version.

And making a comment that this might not happen all that often

An you imagine if bands weren't allowed to play songs live until they'd been released 'ocficially' just to shut up one whinger.

No cover songs, no sneak peaks of how an album that hasn't been recorded might sound, nothing new for anyone that has seen a band more than once...

I'd go on but my head is about to explode from the sheer stupidity if this thread

or the sheer stupidity of your typos. ;)

all he's saying is it's a slight bummer when you buy a cd, then it gets a vinyl release with a live radio set. then a "new" 7" comes out that is just 2 studio versions of a couple songs from the live set. and he asked how often it happens.

so, how often does this happen? I can't think of another example personally.

Similar stuff happens all the time. The Touche Amore WERS set was released as a 7" then given away as a free MP3. Gym Class Heroes put Cupids Chokehold on two CDs. Hey There Delilah was on like 4 Plain Whites Ts CDs. Its just how it goes. Look at Alkaline Trio with S/T, Remains, and Damnesia. Not the same situation, but the same song being reused in a different fashion.

or the sheer stupidity of your typos. ;)

all he's saying is it's a slight bummer when you buy a cd, then it gets a vinyl release with a live radio set. then a "new" 7" comes out that is just 2 studio versions of a couple songs from the live set. and he asked how often it happens.

so, how often does this happen? I can't think of another example personally.

It's not a slight bummer at all. How is gearing music from a band you like, a bummer?

Getting the wrong order at a restaurant is a slight bummer. Getting exactly what you pay for...

An you imagine if bands weren't allowed to play songs live until they'd been released 'ocficially' just to shut up one whinger.

No cover songs, no sneak peaks of how an album that hasn't been recorded might sound, nothing new for anyone that has seen a band more than once...

I'd go on but my head is about to explode from the sheer stupidity if this thread

[image]