VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

RAW is practically never consistent and it's very rare when the entire show is actually good. There are always some highlights (Owens-Cena is easily the best thing going) but overall, it's just not engaging anymore. You can blame the three hours but I blame the shitty writing. They could produce three hours of NXT-quality storytelling but instead they make questionable decisions (such as having the King of the Ring lose every match).

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see who's gonna answer KO's Open Challenge for the title on SD! A title change should happen sooner rather than later and I'd love to see Breeze capture it but I doubt that'll happen. Samoa Joe will probably dethrone him at the next Takeover in August or maybe even on RAW.

Yeah, i have no idea what the point was of giving Barrett the King of the Ring gimmick only to turn around and job him out. That guy might have worse booking than Ziggler. i feel like Barrett, Ziggler, Rhodes, and Big E could all be main eventers. Instead, we get a rehash of the Rollins/Ambrose feud with no heat this time around. Instead of killing this feud waiting around until Lesnar returns, why not give someone new the chance to main event (ie. when John Cena feuded with R-Truth for the title in a one-off match). Instead, we get Ambrose, fresh off a losing streak in a pointless feud with Wyatt, thrust into the main event because of reasons.

Yeah, I'm more than cool with Ambrose being in the main event. The angle hasn't been handled too well thanks to the shitty Authority stable and that whole cop bullcrap but I love to see the Shield members feuding and I personally enjoyed the false finish at EC and Ambrose running around with the title. Plus, Ambrose is new to the title picture, so yeah.

And yeah, they could all be main eventers. However, with just one World Title in the company, it's pretty tough to give all those guys title shots. They don't even need a main event push these days - just good feuds. The IC Title is basically the WHC now and they've been kinda treating it like that - but now, Big Show is feuding with Ryback, so eh. The KOTR title should be enough for BNB to have a winning streak or stable. And there's no excuse for Ziggler doing nothing now, since he was pushed to the moon just last year.

Stardust is clearly going nowhere - just have him become Cody again and pursue the IC Title. Also, I have no idea why it's so fucking hard for them to book Wyatt well. Can't believe they made him lose cleanly to someone who was already spent after two matches.

the landscape needs more stables, dammit. it's the best way to get fresh matchups as well as more exposure for more people.

and they need to exist outside of the authority. wyatt needs followers. the concept seemed so damn simple in the beginning- he destroys someone, and the next time you see them, they've been "converted". like what they did with bryan.. just not as dumb. and it was only dumb because no one believed for a fucking second that he actually turned.

and while they have a strong (recent) track record with 3 man bands, i want to see 5 or 6 guys finding a common cause.

NXT was a good wrestling show tonight. I missed the Vaudevillains and I am glad they are back. I really enjoyed Marcus Louis and his mannerisms. Solid show.

i'm glad i caught NXT late so i could skip the Eva Marie segment. Although i am not a fan of hers, the crowd was brutal. They should have just taped that as a backstage segment, unless it was a deliberate troll attempt by WWE.

Wow. This Eva Marie segment is all sorts of awful. I'm really surprised they did this live. I'm not her biggest fan, but I guess she still deserves a shot to improve in the ring. She obviously has the look, but she's gotta improve on the mic and get in the ring to prove that she can go. The crowd berated her. It was tough to watch.

the crowd berated her, and she crashed and burned. if she was worth a damn, she would have found a way to work with it. that should be the nail in the coffin of a useless career.

the crowd berated her, and she crashed and burned. if she was worth a damn, she would have found a way to work with it. that should be the nail in the coffin of a useless career.

I don't disagree. How long has she been with WWE? To show such little improvement is disappointing, but I'd say one more shot in the ring, and that's it if it doesn't go well. I'm doing my best to be optimistic about the situation. However, as a viewer of Total Divas, her story is one of the most terribly uninteresting parts of that show.

The Vaudevillains looked great. I'm really happy to see them back. Marcus Louis too, that guy is creepy as hell.

Also, I love how Rhyno's titantron video is stock footage of an actual Rhino. Lol.

Anyone catch LU this week? Jack Evans is overflowing with charisma and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. The trios match was solid, and the submission match was dope. Not sure if i care about conflicted Vampiro possibly returning to the ring, but we'll see where that story goes.

Yes, Striker indicated that Evans and Angelico are the AAA Tag Champs. They even look like a tag team with the matching ring gear. Looking forward to their inevitable match in LU.

And now that the Vaudevillains are faces, they better get their old theme back the NXT Tag Titles.

The only good things i heard were about the New Day (obviously) and an R-Truth comedy segment, lol. i need to catch the KO/Neville match; nothing else really piqued my interest.

The only good things i heard were about the New Day (obviously) and an R-Truth comedy segment, lol. i need to catch the KO/Neville match; nothing else really piqued my interest.

The R-Truth part was actually quite comical, and a break from the standard practice on Raw. Kane's reaction to it was what really made it.

The KO/Neville match was a great RAW match, but what else do you expect.

I fell asleep after the R-Truth segment as well, like 90% of the rest of the RAW audience. They had advertised something about MizTV involving The Big Guy and the Big Show. 

That R-Truth segment was hilarious. It's nice to see Truth being more like his crazy 2011 self.

Owens-Neville surely is the best RAW opener of the year so far. NXT makes the main shows much more interesting.

I'm actually rooting for Kofi to win MITB. Having the briefcase under Freebird rules would be refreshing. It's also not too unlikely that it could happen - I mean, he's facing Brock Lesnar at that huge live event in Japan next month, so who knows.

Tonight's Bull Dempsey/Tyler Breeze match had the dumbest ending I've ever seen. Doesn't bode well for NXT's booking that they are pulling stuff like this and burying their own talent.

And then we get a Dempsey/Doritos squash segment? Wrestling is stupid.

Gable is the man, though. Reminds me of the three "I" Kurt Angle character, which I love.