VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Predictions:

Dana Brooke and Emma

Corbin *sigh* Corbin needs to win, but he NEEDS to put on a good match and have a good feud. His character is extremely stale.

ENZO AND BIG CASS (I hope Carmella and maybe Bliss get involved somehow)

Tyler Breeze, probably. I think this is the most unpredictable match. I'd love to see Uhaa Nation debut and get involved here.

The Boss all day

KO (We'll hear all about Zayn's bad shoulder throughout the entire match.)

Hoping for no Cena run-in. Also, I read recently that Joe is still taking indy bookings, which is super weird. It'd be awesome to see him show up though.

• Maybe Charlotte will have a final Takeover victory before she moves to the main shows - much like Neville, she's done it all there. Also, ew Dana Brooke.
  • Yeah, Corbin needs a good showing, the crowd has already turned on him.
  • Enzo & Cass should win the titles. Blake & Murphy aren't bad champions, but I'm not really invested in them and neither are many other fans.
  • I'd love to see Breeze win but heel vs. heel against Owens would be a little awkward - although they could make it work. However, I can't see Devitt losing another title match against KO, so I was going with Itami but he's out. Can't see Uhaa Nation or Samoa Joe get such a fast push either, so I'll go with Breeze also.
  • Banks, obviously
  • KO is a lock, with Sami out and moving to the main roster once he's 100%

Holy shit, what if Sami returns at MITB and wins the briefcase?

• Breeze is a legend
  • That was the best Bálor entrance and paint in NXT so far - and of course, that was a nice opener
  • Corbin-Rhyno was Corbin's best match yet. Hopefully no squashes anymore
  • Bliss turning heel was a bummer but maybe they can make it work. I mean, I'm already more interested in Blake & Murphy now
  • Even The Mountain is a fan of NXT
  • Lynch-Banks was really good and Lynch has finally arrived. The main shows should be absolutely ashamed for not allowing this awesomeness
  • Sami dominating the match and then being laid out by one Apron Powerbomb was perfect storytelling
  • Regal attacking Owens was badass
  • I did not expect Samoa Joe (who's keeping his name!) to be immediately inserted in the main event scene (I actually didn't expect him at all). I fucking lost it when he showed up and confronted Owens, that was brilliant.

Takeover always delivers. Thank you Based HHH.

I agree with everything that you said, Breezus.

I was thinking about this last night. Would it be a good idea to have a mid card title on NXT? I mean, most of the matches at the live events surround the NXT title, but there are some talented guys that could use the shine without being tossed into the main event. I feel like HHH wouldn't ruin a mid card title in a similar fashion to how the US title was until Rusev got a hold of it. At the same time though, it's kind of cool to see everyone fight for a single title.

i see that need as well. Especially now with top-tier indy guys like Joe, Owens, and Uhaa taking places in the main event, it does sort of steal the spotlight from homegrown folks like Breeze. Other guys like Dillinger, Louis, Corbin, etc. who will not be in that upper tier could have a little more direction and have a reason to appear on the live specials beyond "i'm the guy they are pushing this month" (much like Corbin and Dempsey have had in the past).

i see that need as well. Especially now with top-tier indy guys like Joe, Owens, and Uhaa taking places in the main event, it does sort of steal the spotlight from homegrown folks like Breeze. Other guys like Dillinger, Louis, Corbin, etc. who will not be in that upper tier could have a little more direction and have a reason to appear on the live specials beyond "i'm the guy they are pushing this month" (much like Corbin and Dempsey have had in the past).

What could they call it?

i like the idea of a TV WWE Network title. They can defend it on the pre-taped shows and specials and save the NXT Title exclusively for the live specials.

It's not a bad idea. They could also portray it as a way to get to the NXT Title faster if you decide to "cash it in", much like the X-Division title in the past or MITB. However, I think it'd be too much for a 1-hour show to feature four championships who need consistent and regular build-up and compelling programs. I wouldn't complain if they tried though.

Or maybe NXT should go 2 hours and Takeover 3?

i caught up with LU last night. The announcement of Fenix/Mil Muertes in a death match for next week has me stoked. Their casket match was the first LU match i saw, and i was very impressed with both men. Should be a very good match.

i didn't love the trios match, but i think that is mostly due to the Crew being mediocre and the match being more story-driven with Ivalisse out and SoH and Angelico working hurt. Still, the ending to the match was insane. i'm not a big fan of Vampiro, but i love that he has to leave the announce desk for certain spots, haha.

Watched Unstoppable last night.. Although it's more accurate to say I followed it. Had it on in the background while I got some stuff done, but I'm still very satisfied with the program, and that's a huge nod to the announce crew. They continually do such a fantastic job of calling the shots while also maintaining a compelling narrative. It's not even worth comparing them to the Monday night buffoons.

While Joe's appearance was cool, I thought the main event was booked like a pile of dog shit.