VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Interesting.  I liked the booking of the main event and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Zayn worked hurt and needs surgery.  

I dug that they had Zayn on the attack early and showing a more aggressive side b/c of what Owens has done to him everytime they have faced.  But ultimately, it wasn't enough and Owens still ends up decimating him and further hurting him. 

I'm sure this won't get to play out in NXT as it seems they are both bound for the main roster soon than later, but when they finally get to meet again, it's going to further build the underdog nature of Zayn.  To the point that I wouldn't mind them stealing from Dreamer and Raven and have Zayn just continually get beat down every time he goes into a match with Owens.  

Yeah, i liked that Sami was more aggressive, especially since they played up the fact that he was injured. i think many assumed that this match would pick up where the second half of their previous match left off (ie. powerbomb city), so it was more interesting to me that Sami was the aggressor. That was the first time in NXT that Owens really had the power taken from him. 

Short story long, i liked the booking. i wish that Joe and Owens had a little more interaction, but we will get there in time. i did mark very hard when Joe came out.

I'm interested to see what they do with this Owens/cena story and then Owens/joe.

If Owens does come out and beat cena, seems weird to move him back to NXT and not keep building him on the main roster. But that would mean he would need to drop the strap in NXT. Joe would seem to be a good heir to the throne for awhile.

On the flip side. If cena beats Owens, does he just go back to NXT and does that devalue him when he gets a future call up?

I definitely found myself fantasy booking while Owens started destroying him. There was that moment that Sami hit a vicious suplex outside of the ring, and KO was immediately pulling himself up with the side of the ring. That moment right there was enough to say that this guy is the answer to Lesnar- or you could take it one enormous step forward, and tell the story that Lesnar is the answer for Owens.

His demeanor ever since he showed up has been "idgaf about anything but gold or anyone or anything that stands in my way of getting it"

How incredible would it be if he were able to undercut the running theme of the authority and just find a way to shoehorn himself into a title match the very same way he has with both Zayn and Cena? Takes the title from Rollins, and an irate Hunter/Steph have no choice but to bring back Brock to regain control.

I definitely found myself fantasy booking while Owens started destroying him. There was that moment that Sami hit a vicious suplex outside of the ring, and KO was immediately pulling himself up with the side of the ring. That moment right there was enough to say that this guy is the answer to Lesnar- or you could take it one enormous step forward, and tell the story that Lesnar is the answer for Owens.

His demeanor ever since he showed up has been "idgaf about anything but gold or anyone or anything that stands in my way of getting it"

How incredible would it be if he were able to undercut the running theme of the authority and just find a way to shoehorn himself into a title match the very same way he has with both Zayn and Cena? Takes the title from Rollins, and an irate Hunter/Steph have no choice but to bring back Brock to regain control.

That would be insane.

And then have Zayn win the MITB briefcase, constantly teasing to cash in on Owens throughout the summer.

Goddammit, now I'm gonna be pissed if this doesn't happen.

I feel like I need to delete that entire block quote because I'm convinced that the creative team spends all their time scouring he Internet for fantasy booking, making sure they don't accidentally use the ideas of the IWC. You know, instead of actually writing.

And maybe that would prompt them to revamp his move set bc his move set sucks right now.

"Ambrose with a surprise clothesline off the ropes!"

...that he does every match.

Loathe as i am to do so, take it away, Miz.

tumblr_m5q5hqzvN11r7r6wqo1_500.gif

I still prefer the idea of Dean winning the MITB and then playing head games with Rollins for the next several months.

Dean is at his best in situations like that.

And maybe that would prompt them to revamp his move set bc his move set sucks right now.

I totally agree, Zayn winning is just wishful thinking tbh.

It's an awfully predictable maneuver but I'm cool with the Rebound Clothesline, especially when he hits it on Rollins who sells it like a champ (no pun intended). And when he does it outside the ring, it flows much better. I never liked his Double Arm Snap DDT though. Much like the Headlock Driver, it looks like shit and it really shouldn't be a finisher.

I hate every single iteration of that rebound clothesline. There's absolutely nothing natural about it, and he's not nearly quick enough for his spot outside of the ring to be believable. It's reached 619 territory.

I really liked the rebound clothesline the first few times, but it's a little overdone now. The first time I saw it, I thought it fit is gimmick really well. Erratic guy doing this weird thing in the ropes. Just does it too often now. Still love Ambrose though.

I didn't expect Ryder pulling off a perfect 450. It was nice to see him getting a final feel good moment in his hometown and arena. And Owens killing Cena again was the icing on the cake.

Also, Samoa Joe will team up with AJ Styles against Daniels & Kaz at ROH Aftershock. I'm pleasantly surprised WWE is considering new types of deals that allows talent to work other promotions while still being signed to NXT.

WWE Elimination Chamber 2015

1     Sheamus vs. Ryback vs. R-Truth vs. King Barrett vs. Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler     Elimination Chamber match for the vacant WWE Intercontinental Championship
2     The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) © vs. The Lucha Dragons (Kalisto and Sin Cara) vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (with Natalya) vs. The Prime Time Players (Darren Young and Titus O'Neil) vs. The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) (with El Torito)     Tag team Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
3     John Cena vs. Kevin Owens     Singles match
4     Seth Rollins © (with Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury) vs. Dean Ambrose     Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
5     Nikki Bella © (with Brie Bella) vs. Paige vs. Naomi (with Tamina)     Triple Threat match for the WWE Divas Championship
6     Neville vs. Bo Dallas     Singles match

This card looks dope. Very excited for this.

6. Neville via the "Bo Dallas character does not translate well to the main roster" top rope splash

5. Nikki Bella via the "we have no other female wrestlers" DDT

4. Seth Rollins via the "wacky Ambrose screwjob finish"

3. KILL CENA KILL

2. NEW...DAY RETAINS

1. Rusev via the "let's see how bad Cena killed his push" chokeout

Dammit, i want to talk wrestling. ROH just announced that they have a TV deal with Destination America and they will debut on Wednesday nights ahead of TNA. Very interesting.

Dammit, i want to talk wrestling. ROH just announced that they have a TV deal with Destination America and they will debut on Wednesday nights ahead of TNA. Very interesting.

YES. Apparently, TNA is off the air in September, as well. Is ROH's slot just an hour? I just started watching their weekly hour show online. It's good wrestling, but not much promo cutting or anything.

i had heard that TNA was going to be cancelled, but now i'm not sure. i would think that DA would want to keep them around, but who knows.

I think TNA is dead in the water.

Rumor's were that they were being cancelled this fall and I think this move confirms that.  I doubt DA wants 2 wrestling shows on the air.  I could be wrong, but I imagine they realized they can run ROH for considerably less money and probably get the same sponsorship.

I'm very excited for this move but bummed for TNA.  I think this may be the nail in the coffin for that organization.  

I've always wanted to see TNA succeed but Dixie Carter and Co. are way too stupid to ever make that happen. I mean hell, even AJ Styles and Samoa Joe split. The end may be inevitable.

I do hope ROH will find success with this move though. Now Wednesday has become the wrestling night of the week with NXT, Lucha Underground and ROH (Thursday afternoon for me here but yeah).

Lmao Kevin Owens is the best. I'm so glad they're pushing him to the moon. Also, Bliss as a heel may be a better fit than I thought.

And another insane Lucha Underground ep. Rudo Mundo is awesome, Prince Puma is unbelievable, Mil Muertes killed Fenix - and speaking of, I can't believe they murdered that guy from the Crew. Craziness. There is literally nothing like LU.

I also love how they take advantage of the "temple" structure - from smashing motherfuckers through the office window to jumping off a building into the ring. Wished WWE did that more often with backstage matches and actual street fights that y'know, don't always end in the ring.

Anyone see MVPs tweet?

They had a conference call for all TNA employees today and then he tweeted him email for bookings.

I think TNA is dead

Yeah, I saw that, too. Pretty much confirms that TNA is fucked.