VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Except that this injury happened at the very end of the match. It was short because it didn't need to be any longer.

Lesnar winning is fucking amazing. So stoked on that. Same with my boy D Bry right there.

in the grand scheme, i'm kind of fuming that the streak ended. but it may have been worth it for that deafening silence from, what, 80,000? people

This probably goes without saying, knowing the streak had to end, I'm surprised they didn't use it on someone who they could have catapulted and had it be their "thing". No one knows anything about the WWEs plans, but it seems like Brock didn't need this. It was almost done for shock value. Maybe this will be Brock's thing until the end of his career.

It also, in a bit of a psychological way, undermines the "reality of wrestling". 20 or so other "wrestlers" couldn't beat Undertaker - it took an MMA fighter to finish him off.

Undertaker has to retire tomorrow night, where else is there to go with the character? He'll lead the class of 2015 into the Hall of Fame.

So fucking mad. Not because the streak was ended, but because it was Lesnar that did it. Hes the LAST guy who needs to be built up as a strong guy who can beat anyone. Why wouldnt you have Punk do it last year? He just lost the title to the Rock and couldve used a huge win. Instead you make the dude lose then, then Taker, and then to Brock. Then not giving him shit except to fight Triple H on the midcard? Such bullshit. No wonder the guy left. Yes Im still mad I spent $350 on that shit Mania last year only to see Brock end the streak this year. And did they not make Taker look like a bitch? Dude was gassed/on his back the whole time.

Other than that, great Mania. 

I went tonight. So many thoughts. And at this point, most of everyone articulated them already:

First, I noticed and was kind of bummed they didn't do "America The Beautiful.' It was a very nice tradition I enjoyed.

Second, the streak ending was CRAZY. I was shocked that it was ended. The graphic came up immediately in the Dome, so it was planned. But the count was a little fast and it seemed like everyone was shocked. Ref, Paul Heyman, Brock, and the crowd. No joke, I think about 10-15 left the floor seats in front of me (I was in the first row of risers). I did not see those people return.

Lots of speculation afterward. Did Taker change the finish because he was gassed? I heard an online rumor that Lesnar demanded a change in the ring and will be fired. I heard a rumor that Taker was taken by ambulance to a hospital. So much speculation. 

Sting was in New Orleans this weekend. I wish I could have met him.

Lastly, so glad Daniel won the championship. 

Did they ever do a graphic on the attendance? I'm curious to see how many people were there.

So fucking mad. Not because the streak was ended, but because it was Lesnar that did it. Hes the LAST guy who needs to be built up as a strong guy who can beat anyone. Why wouldnt you have Punk do it last year? He just lost the title to the Rock and couldve used a huge win. Instead you make the dude lose then, then Taker, and then to Brock. Then not giving him shit except to fight Triple H on the midcard? Such bullshit. No wonder the guy left. Yes Im still mad I spent $350 on that shit Mania last year only to see Brock end the streak this year. And did they not make Taker look like a bitch? Dude was gassed/on his back the whole time.

Other than that, great Mania. 

I'm not so sure they made Taker look like that.  You have to stop to think that maybe he has nothing left in the tank.  The guy wrestles once a year and had about 10 surgeries since his match last year.  Maybe he decided it's time to hang it up and he wanted to go out putting a friend over.  

Taker would have had to sign off on all of this.  So he was fine with it.

Really good show last night. Every match had at least one cool spot. i would have switched the Battle Royale to the pre-show, but i am glad Cesaro got his big moment last night. Still can't believe the Undertaker lost, and i am interested to see if he retires tonight. Match of the night for me was Triple H/D Bry. Wyatt/Cena was good, too, if only for giving me false hope that Cena might actually turn heel.