VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Here you go, Brock.

Thanks, I saw that. I'm wanting an mp3 download or something that I can throw on my Ipod. I'm not smart enough to know how to make youtube videos into mp3s.

I got about an hour drive over to my familys house for thanksgiving and was wanting to listen to on the ride there.

Thanks, I saw that. I'm wanting an mp3 download or something that I can throw on my Ipod. I'm not smart enough to know how to make youtube videos into mp3s.

I got about an hour drive over to my familys house for thanksgiving and was wanting to listen to on the ride there.

This site should get it done. Copy the video link and click convert, let it do its thing, and then download it.

It is a podcast on iTunes, though. Aren't iTunes podcasts free?

This site should get it done. Copy the video link and click convert, let it do its thing, and then download it.

It is a podcast on iTunes, though. Aren't iTunes podcasts free?

Yes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/art-of-wrestling-podcast-feed/id385017460?mt=2

Can anybody summarize some main points? Was anything he said groundbreaking or unexpected?

The big bomb was probably that he never officially quit. He basically said he was done and walked out when they tried to get him to wrestle with a concussion but was still willing to talk with the company, and they fired him without discussing it with him on his wedding day.

That was such a great listen. Solidified a lot of assumptions I had about the behind the scenes operations.. Especially creative's inability to plan for anything beyond the present.

The laundry list of injuries are kind of terrifying..

Id say the big bomb was him having fucking a MRSA staff infection and the doc doing absolutely nothing about it for months. Or making him wrestle with concussions, the complete lack of care for the health of the wrestlers is appalling. They go through all these motions when something like Eddie, Benoit, Test, Umaga, etc happens, but then do jack shit about actually preventing it from happening.

I ended up making some time to listen to it earlier and I'm very glad that I did. It was awesome to hear Punk tell his side. One of my favorite parts was Punk referring to Vince as an "out of touch old man." It made me think of the recent revival of the Anonymous GM and how bad that flopped last time. I wasn't surprised at all to hear what a dick HHH is, though. I'm gonna send in a couple questions for next week. Hopefully, he answers.

Pretty much what I'd expect to hear from Road Dogg. I didn't expect to see Ryback say anything, though. The biggest thing I'm taking from this is that I don't see Punk coming back for a whiiiile. Seems further off than it did before this podcast.

I don't see it ever happening after hearing that. He would likely have to be flat broke with no other alternative form of income.

I don't see it ever happening after hearing that. He would likely have to be flat broke with no other alternative form of income.

What he did is part of the process of mending the relationship between him and WWE. Now everyone has heard his side and it's the only side out there right now. WWE can respond or not respond, but at least they have some ideas of what they need to address (if they weren't aware of everything he said beforehand).

I have a hard time believing everything he said. Some of it has to be exaggerated, right? If it isn't then I wonder what else is going on and if this will change anything. I don't see what he'd gain from lying about his experiences.

Honestly I picked up on some subtext in the podcast of how it could potentially happen. He mentions that all he ever really wanted was to main event WM and he would've been happy. He also mentions that he heard about Vince bringing Foley out of retirement so he could work a Wrestlemania. So now Punk is retired and I bet after enough time has passed if they offered him the main event I think he would come back. As far as believing the things he says I have no problem with that since it fits perfectly with what dozens of others have said about the way the company operates.

i'm still processing everything Punk said in his interview, but right now, i have no interest in following WWE. It was waning anyways recently, but if everything he said is true, i want no part of supporting that company. Similar to the NFL, it's about making money rather than protecting the performers.

Honestly I picked up on some subtext in the podcast of how it could potentially happen. He mentions that all he ever really wanted was to main event WM and he would've been happy. He also mentions that he heard about Vince bringing Foley out of retirement so he could work a Wrestlemania. So now Punk is retired and I bet after enough time has passed if they offered him the main event I think he would come back. As far as believing the things he says I have no problem with that since it fits perfectly with what dozens of others have said about the way the company operates.

yup