VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

And how bad did Rollins look last night? He couldn't win a 4-on-2 match in which the ref was knocked out, weapons were legal, and he started with a 3-on-1 advantage. Like i said, if this were just a standard one-on-one match versus Cena, it'd be easier to swallow Cena winning, but when your heel, who pretty much always cheats in his matches, can't win a gimmick match where everyone can interfere, it really looks bad. And someone on another site pointed out that the entire roster should have come out to fight Cena since his losing would result in a wide open #1 contendership. It really makes no sense, but this is another instance where i need to remind myself "it's only wrestling" and none of this really matters.

And someone on another site pointed out that the entire roster should have come out to fight Cena since his losing would result in a wide open #1 contendership. It really makes no sense, but this is another instance where i need to remind myself "it's only wrestling" and none of this really matters.

I NEVER thought about that. That's a really good point.

Also, can someone explain to me how WWE uses replay decently enough to reverse decisions, restart matches, decide who wins in the Rumble when both guys feet touch the floor at the same time, etc., but when the referee is knocked out, replay is NEVER used?

Also, can someone explain to me how WWE uses replay decently enough to reverse decisions, restart matches, decide who wins in the Rumble when both guys feet touch the floor at the same time, etc., but when the referee is knocked out, replay is NEVER used?

The only answer that I'm coming up with is that those instances you mentioned happen when a referee's decision is incorrect or indeterminable. When the ref is knocked out there's no decision to question, therefore no replay can be used.

My wife wondered how there were suddenly three referees trying to determine who went through the table first, when apparently there was no referee standing by to step in for the one that got knocked out.

The only answer that I'm coming up with is that those instances you mentioned happen when a referee's decision is incorrect or indeterminable. When the ref is knocked out there's no decision to question, therefore no replay can be used.

My wife wondered how there were suddenly three referees trying to determine who went through the table first, when apparently there was no referee standing by to step in for the one that got knocked out.

Ah, yeah, I guess I didn't think of it like that. They only use it to dispute a decision. Good point.

Been trying to get into WWE again lately as I haven’t paid much attention in over a year.  I keep myself up to date a bit, but not much.  Few things.  Raw is wayyy to long.  Needs to be 2 hours again.  Happy Roman is back.  Rollins is a little bitch.  Loving Dean Ambrose and hope he rises a bit.  Maybe beats Dolph.  Would love to see Ryback take down the Russian at Royal Rumble.  Obviously Lesnar will beat Cena at RR to set up WM vs Roman.  Wonder when Rollins will actually cash in.  Star Dust gimmick sucks, but love his entrance.  And drop the New World guys, fandango is still lame, whos the bunny rabbit dude?

And someone on another site pointed out that the entire roster should have come out to fight Cena since his losing would result in a wide open #1 contendership. It really makes no sense, but this is another instance where i need to remind myself "it's only wrestling" and none of this really matters.

Dude, this. As soon as Reigns interfered I yelled at my television "WHY WOULD HE DO THAT? WHY?" It's like he has no desire to be champion he's just arbitrarily doing good guy stuff.  

The WWE certainly needs another mid card belt. Maybe, since she posted it, they'll replace the US Title or something.

They should have kept the Heavyweight belt IMO. It was the coolest looking belt it had a lot of history and was a necessary step for guys moving from the midcard into main event. For example, this is what they should be putting on Reigns right now instead of lining him up to be at the top. 

They should have kept the Heavyweight belt IMO. It was the coolest looking belt it had a lot of history and was a necessary step for guys moving from the midcard into main event. For example, this is what they should be putting on Reigns right now instead of lining him up to be at the top. 

Getting rid of the Big Gold Belt was a slap in the face to history. I love that damn belt. I wish WWE didn't struggle with keeping its esteem.