VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I've been killing their backlog over the last month or so.

The translation settings on safari and chrome make it super easy to navigate as well.

The only issue I really have is the Japanese commentary. It makes it hard to get really invested. But I always get a kick out of hearing the one dude get super excited.

The only issue I really have is the Japanese commentary. It makes it hard to get really invested. But I always get a kick out of hearing the one dude get super excited.

I agree. After watching the English version of Wrestle Kingdom, I hope they do more, but I also hope they take it a step further. English subtitles promos, English packages for the matches.

I'll definitely be watching that best-of show that's coming out on (I forget the name of the channel...used to be HDnet) in January to see how it's put together.

What if, because of the Authority, Rollins wins the Royal Rumble.

And then, because of the Authority, he wins the title in the triple threat.

Then he'll have a title shot against himself at Mania, and a briefcase that says he still gets a shot at himself anytime/anywhere.

i could imagine Rollins killing it with this character scenario. The smug level would be off the charts.

WK9 did not disappoint. Tremendous wrestling, and I'd definitely be interesting in following it more if they had some English translations, subtitles, or something. My favorite match was definitely Ibushi and Nakamura. Both of those guy put on a great match and seemed to have a great story behind them. I definitely became a fan of Nakamura; I like his showmanship. I enjoyed the opening 8 Tag Team match as well. It had some great fast paced action.

One thing I was surprised about was the amount of references to other promotions, specifically WWE, but Striker and JR. It certainly help me compare moves, wrestlers, and stuff, but I didn't expect them to namedrop so many other competitors and promotions.

Watched Mondays raw....I thought it was in very poor taste that The Ascension were talking about The Road Warriors. Just seemed really awkward. Also, who in the world were those two guys that jobbed to them? I don't remember the last time I saw jobbers outside of the roster on Raw.

Watched Mondays raw....I thought it was in very poor taste that The Ascension were talking about The Road Warriors. Just seemed really awkward. Also, who in the world were those two guys that jobbed to them? I don't remember the last time I saw jobbers outside of the roster on Raw.

Didn't they use local jobbers when Ryback first debuted?  I can't remember if they used jobbers or 3MB (same difference)...

Watched Mondays raw....I thought it was in very poor taste that The Ascension were talking about The Road Warriors. Just seemed really awkward.

i'm in the "Who cares?" boat.

it's way less humiliating than when WWF made Hawk fall off the Titan Tron drunk, in a reference to his real-life problem.

i'm in the "Who cares?" boat.

it's way less humiliating than when WWF made Hawk fall off the Titan Tron drunk, in a reference to his real-life problem.

Agreed. Using veterans to get heat is an age old trend.

I just find it funny that people want the attitude era back but balk at this.

^ As Heyman once said, people want the Attitude Era and when they get Attitude, they get offended. Hell, even Lance Storm got pissed on Twitter lol.

But yeah, I hate how The Ascension is being booked. I was never a huge fan (even back in NXT) but seeing them debut in an underwhelming fashion, cutting a career-damaging promo and having JBL - a heel commentator - shit on them (which was my main problem), is sad to see. This team dominated NXT for years and on their second night on RAW, they already look like jokes.

Except for Rusev and the ex-Shield and Wyatt guys, I don't get why they fuck up so many NXT talent who blossomed in Full Sail - and then blame the talent for not getting over. Paige wasn't on RAW for months and only got a storyline because of Total Divas. Emma never did anything in the first place, while Adam Rose and Xavier Woods got some kind of direction just a few weeks ago. Bo Dallas has massive potential as a midcard top heel and I hope they'll take advantage of that when he returns.

I used to be pissed that world-class talent like Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville spent so much time in "developmental", but I'm grateful for that now. Hell, I want them to be there for a little longer, so they can have lengthy programs with Owens, Itami and Bálor. They would be misused on the main roster if past examples and that totally believable Mighty Mouse-rumor are any indication.

I read that Vince is sour on the Ascension now and NXT. He feels they don't deserve to put in the same league as the main roster. He doesn't really like the attention they are getting. I suppose that is why the Ascension are not getting booked right.

How can you NOT be all in on NXT? The people love it.

NXT was pretty good. It's great to have Sami back, Itami is doing well (as well as Axel now), Banks-Bliss was short and sweet, Tyson and Breeze are gold and the Lucha Dragons' new finisher is sick. Next week's card is stacked.

Also, Bryan making his in-ring return on next week's SmackDown! is very surprising. I read that he's gonna work live events and that he won't step into the ring until the Rumble, but since they are asshats and won't let him win anyway (because Reigns is the chosen one), I guess it makes sense.

NXT was pretty good. It's great to have Sami back, Itami is doing well (as well as Axel now), Banks-Bliss was short and sweet, Tyson and Breeze are gold and the Lucha Dragons' new finisher is sick. Next week's card is stacked.

I wish I wouldn't have read this drunk with my buddies tonight.  Looks like i have a good Friday ahead of me though.

There are fucking incredible parts of nxt.

Steen has been a favorite of mine for years. His debut was sick.

Zayn rules. Breeze rules. The general match quality seems higher than Raw as an average.

The Lucha Dragons are not something...that is good.

How often do luchadors get decent gimmicks in the WWE? They put on pretty fun matches, which is all you can really hope out of them IMO. They are both way better than the old Sin (Botch) Cara.

I also find the Becky Lynch character straight up embarrassing. The head banging and rock signs. That's one of those moments that makes me embarrassed to watch wrestling.

Same deal with Alexa Bliss. The entrance is cringe-worthy.

It took me about 15 minutes to watch NXT yesterday after work.

I also find the Becky Lynch character straight up embarrassing. The head banging and rock signs. That's one of those moments that makes me embarrassed to watch wrestling.

Same deal with Alexa Bliss. The entrance is cringe-worthy.

It took me about 15 minutes to watch NXT yesterday after work.

I think that gets overlooked a lot. NXT has some downright awesome stuff, it also has some downright awful stuff. The highs are higher but the lows are lower I think.

The Lucha Dragons aren't nearly as compelling as the Vaudevillains or Enzo & Cass but their matches more than make up for that. Hunico is so much better than Mistico and is surprisingly strong for a high-flyer (that Schoolboy into Powerbomb move is a beauty) and Kalisto is without a doubt the next Rey Mysterio.

Bliss' movements during her entrance really are cringe-worthy, but I don't care, she's pretty decent in the ring and is way too damn adorable (she probably shits rainbows). Speaking of, I hope Charlotte goes to the main roster in a few months, dropping the title to Sasha or Bayley, so Bliss gets next in line for a push. She's been losing an awful lot as of late.

NXT isn't perfect but it always has an exciting atmosphere. Even the bad episodes aren't as bad as RAW or SmackDown! on their worst nights.