VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

On Renee Young's new short show, Unfiltered, on the Network, her first interview is with Rollins. She asks top five bands. He says Hit The Lights, and then, their breakfast comes and they don't return to the topic.

I'm not a fan of Hit The Lights, but Rollins has some pretty good taste in music. It's cool to see him promote bands like that.

Rollins has always promoted this kind of music, its pretty cool. He was at the Pure Noise Records tour last year rocking out to State Champs and Forever Came Calling in a tiny venue in Iowa City.

He lives about 45 minutes from me and his wrestling school is nearby too. I always think I'm gonna run into him somewhere in the Quad Cities haha.

To continue to add to the Rollins love, back in his NXT days, he'd rock a band tank top to the ring occasionally. I remember him wearing a This Is Hell tank while spinning the NXT belt around his head. It was awesome to see him do that with the WWE belt after winning at Mania.

Additionally, Dana Brooke looked a little better on NXT tonight. So, that's a plus.

this is pretty dang cool. Seth Rollins just tweeted about senses fails new song they posted today. I bet that was super awesome for Buddy to see cause I know he is a wrestling fan. He has mentioned WWE and also the Network in numerous fb posts.

https://www.facebook.com/sensesfail/photos/a.133098776708893.19702.132975026721268/960745300610899/?type=1&theater

And looking at his twitter he also mentions FYS's new song. Never knew Rollins was a scenester hahahaha

Rollins is a huge scene kid

Anyone see Raw last night? It was actually a really good show. The best part was obviously the Sami Zayn debut, but the whole show was solid.

The Zayn/Cena and Ambrose/Rollins matches are very good. New Day was entertaining throughout. Everything else was good and there was nothing completely irritating/frustrating like there usually is on Raw.

Fully agreed. Sami Zayn looked legit last night (was he seriously injured though?) and that showed that they have huge plans for him in the future. Ambrose finally got his main event push and that match against Rollins was the best they've had on the main roster so far. It's great to see Ambrose as an equal to his former Shield mates, he's been horribly misused in the past few months.

And yeah, the New Day were hysterical. Plus, I didn't expect them to beat Orton and Reigns so that was nice, too.

Yeah, i read that Zayn was legitimately injured. i was expecting a Kevin Owens interference to screw Zayn out of the US title and to build further heat for their match in a few weeks. i really hope Zayn does not miss the next NXT special; looking forward to KO/Zayn again.

Read that he actually injured his shoulder during his entrance. Watched it this before work and you can see when he reaches the ring steps and starts pumping up the crowd he immediately stops and grabs his shoulder.

Sucks that he injured it in that way but may confirm he was already dealing with some sort of previous injury considering the time off he took after the previous owens match. Hope going through with the match didn't further injure his shoulder

i read a theory that the Shield will re-unite in the Payback main event and protect Rollins until the Authority has no other choice but to bring back Lesnar for Summerslam. i think that would be an interesting angle to work. They could play off the distrust between Kane and Rollins as the reason for Rollins to want to move on from the Authority. i'm not sure what reason they would give for Ambrose and Reigns to want to trust Rollins again, but it won't matter in a few weeks anyways.

i read a theory that the Shield will re-unite in the Payback main event and protect Rollins until the Authority has no other choice but to bring back Lesnar for Summerslam. i think that would be an interesting angle to work. They could play off the distrust between Kane and Rollins as the reason for Rollins to want to move on from the Authority. i'm not sure what reason they would give for Ambrose and Reigns to want to trust Rollins again, but it won't matter in a few weeks anyways.

I don't hate that theory but I've been feigning for a shield feud. I guess they could put the belt back on lesnar though at SS and have the shield break up again and start the feud leading into WM.

But that is all probably unlikely.

Did anyone see the ESPN documentary on NXT? i really want to catch it

It was excellent. I won't spoil much, but it follows three superstars over the last two years of their career. Additionally, there's some interviews with Hunter and Vince and some behind the scenes stuff. It mostly focuses on the three superstars' lives though. It was REALLY well done. I'd love for WWE to do more stuff like that.

It was excellent. I won't spoil much, but it follows three superstars over the last two years of their career. Additionally, there's some interviews with Hunter and Vince and some behind the scenes stuff. It mostly focuses on the three superstars' lives though. It was REALLY well done. I'd love for WWE to do more stuff like that.

Oh thaaaats what that was! I was barely watching it from across the bar thinking "why the fuck is there a special on Xavier woods and Adam rose?"

I've only caught up on the first half of raw, but in less than 2 hours, they were able to drum up more interest than I've had in a non-major ppv in a while.

I LOVED the Ambrose/Rollins match- especially the ending. The visual aspect of both of them, the red, and J&J all flailing about in the most beautifully chaotic way made the whole scene that much more exciting. That 4way match is going to be awesome.

Oh thaaaats what that was! I was barely watching it from across the bar thinking "why the fuck is there a special on Xavier woods and Adam rose?"

Hahaha yeah. Toss Corey Graves in there, and that's the special. There is some behind the scenes type stuff, but nothing is groundbreaking. Shit, it's almost like MTV: True Life "I'm a WWE NXT Wrestler."