The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

stokd

"The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo soundtrack will be released on Mute Records internationally, and on Null in North America. Watch here for more information on December 2nd." from NIN.com

So far these have been great as far as full packages go. Still kicking myself for not getting Ghosts I-IV before I could only find the regular 4XLP.

yeah i still need to get the facebook soundtrack. but I am in debate weather to do so because so many people told me the quality of the pressing was terrible.

I don't remember the pressing being bad... I think I only listened to it a few times, but I know the packaging was really good

Really..well that is good to hear. Just some people where I live told me that and then i read all the reviews on this...

http://www.discogs.com/Trent-Reznor-and-Atticus-Ross-The-Social-Network/release/2560332

I don't remember the pressing being bad... I think I only listened to it a few times, but I know the packaging was really good

Really..well that is good to hear. Just some people where I live told me that and then i read all the reviews on this...

http://www.discogs.com/Trent-Reznor-and-Atticus-Ross-The-Social-Network/release/2560332

listening to it now... side 1A sounds perfect, and side 1B has some noise (light pops here and there) in the first track, but unless shit (audibly) hits the fan on the second disc, those reviews are super exaggerated... or maybe they have a lot higher standards than me

listening to it now... side 1A sounds perfect, and side 1B has some noise (light pops here and there) in the first track, but unless shit (audibly) hits the fan on the second disc, those reviews are super exaggerated... or maybe they have a lot higher standards than me

thanks i appreciate you telling me this man. So you would recommend me getting it? I mean i loved the soundtrack and Trent Is my Hero but I just hated the idea of paying for something that isnt good quality.

I am thinking that this is going to be super expensive. Anyone care to estimate the vinyl will cost? Its three hours of material.

don't care; will buy :)

(and I totally didn't mean to be rude or anything)

and while I'm estimating, I'm gonna guess... $60-75. hopefully it comes with an instant download like social network did. I'd hate to pay that much up front and not get anything for a few months

I got TSN from Amazon, so even though it was relatively heavy, the shipping was dirt cheap. Hoping to do the same with this haha

Very good idea, I'll get it from Amazon as well. Always super cheap shipping with them.

Also I'm going to be contrary to everyone else and estimate it will be $50. I'll buy it anyway regardless.

(For people who don't remember Ghosts was $39 for 4xLP)

EDIT: Oh yeah and Trent posted this on the nin.com forum:

"We're still working on transitions but at the moment it's 2 hours 55 minutes."

2 hours 55 minutes??? How long is this damn movie going to be?
My guess is that Trent is getting more comfortable with the whole "scoring a movie" method of making music and is using this as an opportunity to provide fans with a legitimate collection of work. It's doubtful that all 2-3 hours of music will actually be used in the film.