PETA being stupid again.

I think the Humane Society has done a really good job of filling the rational animal welfare/rights organization void. They've really reoriented themselves into a group I can support while avoiding any of the lunacy PETA throws out. At one time PETA did some of the best investigative work that led to significant reforms in animal welfare but you can't help but wonder what the hell happened when you read this sort of story.

(And yes, that last line was great)

I think the Humane Society has done a really good job of filling the rational animal welfare/rights organization void. They've really reoriented themselves into a group I can support while avoiding any of the lunacy PETA throws out. At one time PETA did some of the best investigative work that led to significant reforms in animal welfare but you can't help but wonder what the hell happened when you read this sort of story.

(And yes, that last line was great)

Mercy For Animals are also really reasonable folks in that same vein. At this point PETA is a PR machine doing outrageous things for press and nothing more, it's shameful to more rational vegans and vegetarians that these folks are out there making the majority of us look like intolerance buffoons who are only interested in outlandishly brandishing our idealism in the loudest and most obnoxious way possible.

Also, pretty sure Mario has been flying around in animal skins for over 20 years...

as a vegetarian, i think peta is absolutely nuts. they have some good resources on their website (such as lists of cosmetic brands that don't test on animals) and they have had some great successes with shutting down sketchy companies, but they're friggin crazy and give us non-meat eaters a bad rap. who the fuck cares if mario dresses up like a raccoon? fuck these guys.

Maybe they should rant about Cabela hunting games before they shit all over Mario...

And speaking of Mario, can we talk about the hypothetical plumber's addiction to mushrooms before we even try tackling his hypothetical mistreatment of leaf-suits that have been digitally modified to appear as a hypothetical tanuki? Or even much longer string of assaults against turtles?

And what about Pokemon?! CAN WE SAVE ALL THE POOR ANIMALS OF THE KANTO REGION?! Why do pitbulls and roosters get all the preferential treatment? No animal should be forced to fight against another against their will, even though ALL confrontations in the natural world usually involve someone pitted against another against their will...

AND DON'T FUCKING GET ME STARTED ON ANGRY BIRDS!!! SO INFURIATING!!!!

Speaking of birds, I was watching my friend play Halo: Reach and he kept killing those birds in the first level. I'm very concerned that he no longer has any respect for avian-life on Earth (and Reach for that matter...)! Someone should say something to that fucking dickhole, Noble 6 about that bullshit! Those weren't designated targets involved in a hostile, planetary invasion. Perhaps someone should inform UNSC high command of these atrocious crimes against life. Surely that fucking, shitty ass Spartan will get discharged for his heinous actions. And should I have an intervention for my friend?

OH PETA! WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT ALL THIS VIOLENCE AGAINST PRETEND ANIMALS?! WHAT'S OUR WORLD COMING TO WHEN EVEN FAKE THINGS AREN'T SAFE FROM OTHER FAKE THINGS?!

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to convert all the carnivores in the animal kingdom to become raw-food vegans. I think PETA will back me up FOR SURE on my most noble of crusades. We can set up schools for them to learn that it's not nice to eat other living things unless they don't have a mouth to say they've got a problem with being eaten. Fundraisers to raise awareness! It could be so much fun you guys! Won't you help me do everything that is stupid and mindless in the name of animal rights?! Don't worry, we can eventually extend our reach to teach the characters in ALL of these video games of the importance of treating our animal friends fairly. Especially Gary... that guy was an ass to his Pokemon.

At least Sonic made a real difference for his animal compatriots on a daily basis....

(I could go on and on and on...)

Maybe they should rant about Cabela hunting games before they shit all over Mario...

And speaking of Mario, can we talk about the hypothetical plumber's addiction to mushrooms before we even try tackling his hypothetical mistreatment of leaf-suits that have been digitally modified to appear as a hypothetical tanuki? Or even much longer string of assaults against turtles?

And what about Pokemon?! CAN WE SAVE ALL THE POOR ANIMALS OF THE KANTO REGION?! Why do pitbulls and roosters get all the preferential treatment? No animal should be forced to fight against another against their will, even though ALL confrontations in the natural world usually involve someone pitted against another against their will...

Speaking of birds, I was watching my friend play Halo: Reach and he kept killing those birds in the first level. I'm very concerned that he no longer has any respect for avian-life on Earth (and Reach for that matter...)! Someone should say something to that fucking dickhole, Noble 6 about that bullshit! Those weren't designated targets involved in a hostile, planetary invasion. Perhaps someone should inform UNSC high command of these atrocious crimes against life. Surely that fucking, shitty ass Spartan will get discharged for his heinous actions. And should I have an intervention for my friend?

OH PETA! WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT ALL THIS VIOLENCE AGAINST PRETEND ANIMALS?! WHAT'S OUR WORLD COMING TO WHEN EVEN FAKE THINGS AREN'T SAFE FROM OTHER FAKE THINGS?!

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to convert all the carnivores in the animal kingdom to become raw-food vegans. I think PETA will back me up FOR SURE on my most noble of crusades. We can set up schools for them to learn that it's not nice to eat other living things unless they don't have a mouth to say they've got a problem with being eaten. Fundraisers to raise awareness! It could be so much fun you guys! Won't you help me do everything that is stupid and mindless in the name of animal rights?! Don't worry, we can eventually extend our reach to teach the characters in ALL of these video games of the importance of treating our animal friends fairly. Especially Gary... that guy was an ass to his Pokemon.

At least Sonic made a real difference for his animal compatriots on a daily basis....

+1

+1