Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm looking for some help I haven't bothered about RSD in past years but this year I am interested in a few releases can anyone fill me in as to how I get involved keeping in mind I live in Australia. Am I able to get stuff online or is it a local record store thing only?

Which city do you live in?

I know sydney and melbourne get into it

i don't think it's been posted yet. i think someone on here said it should be up later this week.

but i was looking at one last week? that was my source for my want list. im so perplexed..

So I'm looking for some help I haven't bothered about RSD in past years but this year I am interested in a few releases can anyone fill me in as to how I get involved keeping in mind I live in Australia. Am I able to get stuff online or is it a local record store thing only?

Which stores in Melbourne participate in this?

I'm in Brisbane

More info on the Mynabirds 7-inch:

[image]

Coming off a successful SXSW run and with a few more tour dates to go, The Mynabirds announce the Record Store Day release of a 7” from their upcoming album, GENERALS. The “Generals” single precedes the June 5th album release and includes the non-album track “Fallen Doves.” The 7” features silk screened sleeves that are hand stray painted and numbered by band leader Laura Burhenn. The covers are available in 5 different paint colors and limited to 1,000 copies on black vinyl.

Hear "Generals" here: http://api.saddle-creek.com/efa/024/embed.php

Here's a really cool video about the making of the new Lips records:

Hate to be a party pooper but it seems like a waste to press on a machine with such a high fail rate. Otherwise, this is pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure they used the fucked up ones as regrind. That's what I don't like about A&R.

The records they make look really fucking cool, though.

Confirmation on Cursive's "Burst And Bloom" reissue:

Cursive will reissue their classic 2001 EP Burst and Bloom as a limited edition 12-inch in celebration of Record Store Day 2012 on April 21st via Saddle Creek. Available in this format for the first time in years, the EP will be pressed on RSD-exclusive yellow, white, and black marbled vinyl, with only 1,500 copies issued. A list of participating stores can be found here: http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues.

Burst and Bloom track listing:

Sink To The Beat

The Great Decay

Tall Tales, Telltales

Mothership, Mothership, Do You Read Me?

Fairytales Tell Tales

Confirmation on Cursive's "Burst And Bloom" reissue:

Cursive will reissue their classic 2001 EP Burst and Bloom as a limited edition 12-inch in celebration of Record Store Day 2012 on April 21st via Saddle Creek. Available in this format for the first time in years, the EP will be pressed on RSD-exclusive yellow, white, and black marbled vinyl, with only 1,500 copies issued. A list of participating stores can be found here: http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues.

Burst and Bloom track listing:

Sink To The Beat

The Great Decay

Tall Tales, Telltales

Mothership, Mothership, Do You Read Me?

Fairytales Tell Tales

Awesome. This has been needed for a while now!

i think nobody has posted this yet:

[image]

"Gorgeous stuff." - Aquarius Records "Epic swells of tension that give way to tasty arrangements of some sort of hybrid psych prog 60's hash den house band hell bent on blasting off straight up to the heavens." - Permanent Records

ATP Recordings are delighted to announce that we will release the debut album from Anywhere - a new collaborative projected started by Christian Eric Beaulieu (Triclops!, Liquid Indian) and Cedric Bixler Zavala (The Mars Volta, At The Drive-In) alongside very special guests Mike Watt (The Stooges, fIREHOSE, Minutemen) and providing guest vocals alongside Cedric, Rachel Fannan (ex-Sleepy Sun). This will be the band's first full release following 2 very limited sold out 7" singles.

The album will first be available exclusively as part of Record Store Day 2012 which takes place on April 21 (more info at recordstoreday.com) and will be limited to 500 copies on 12" aqua coloured vinyl (with Download code).

The CD & Digital releases will follow on Monday 14th May with CD and Digital pre-orders available via this link.

http://www.atpfestival.com/recordings/news/view/1203201424.php

katy perry - 6.98

bruce springsteen - 7.98

horrible crowes - 5.98

straylight run - 14

I can get down with that.

Can anyone answer me how victory will post their records for rsd? I have heard they particapte only online. Will a time be announced?

anyone able to answer this for me?

Info on the Taking Back Sunday RSD release:

The band will release an exclusive 12" LP for Record Store Day on April 21st. We Play Songs is an acoustic four-song 12" LP featuring live tracks recorded at Fingerprints Record Store in Long Beach, CA and Looney Tunes in West Babylon, NY. The LP will be limited to 2,000 pressings with 300 yellow vinyl exclusives for Fingerprints and 300 blue vinyl exclusives for Looney Tunes. The remaining 1400 will be available in black vinyl at participating Record Store Day stores nationwide.

We Play Songs 12" LP Track listing:

Side A: Recorded Live At Fingerprints

Ghost Man On Third

Your Own Disaster

Side B: Recorded Live At Looney Tunes

Faith (When I Let You Down)

Great Romances of the 20th Century