Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm in Madison, and pretty much all you need to know about Record Store Day releases is on Strictly Discs' website and updated daily. Apparently the Coldplay 7" is not available for request at many stores yet, but it is at Strictly Discs. You can request them from anywhere in the country and they'll ship to you. It's first-come, first-serve, so if there's something you've got your eye on I'd suggest jumping on it pretty quick (I think I've requested 7 or 8 so far. I've requested most on the day they were released, so I'm crossing my fingers for all of them). http://www.strictlydiscs.com/page/about/us/intheknow?id=105

wants:

Atmosphere And The Uncluded (Aesop Rock & Kimya Dawson) Record Store Day Vinyl Picture Disc

Botch

Civil Wars, The Billie Jean/Sour Times

Civil Wars, The Live At Amoeba

Crosses Option/Telepathy

Cursive Burst And Bloom

Flogging Molly Drunken Lullabies/A Prayer For Me In Silence

Mariachi El Bronx/The Bronx Mariachi El Bronx/The Bronx Record Store Day 12″

Minus The Bear 7INCH [7" Vinyl]

Refused The Shape Of Punk To Come (Limited Edition Colored Vinyl LP)

Sigur Rós Hvarf – Heim

Straylight Run Straylight Run

Wilco The Whole Love Deluxe Vinyl Box

Fuck.

stoked theres finally a list. dreading the monetary portion of this.

wants:

anberlin - never take friendship personal

destroyer = destroyer's rubies

electronic anthology project - dinosaur jr

kimbra - settle down

minus the bear - 7"

oberhofer - away frm u

sigur ros - hvarf heim

starfucker - heavens youth

is there ANY info about this minus the bear release??

Just got a press release on this:

Night wish’s Limited Edition Trials of Imaginaerum 10” Picture Disc

Available on Record Store Day, April 21, 2012

DETAILS:

Two sides + four unreleased demos

Limited Edition

Track List:

“Storytime”

”I Want My Tears Back”

“The Crow, The Owl and The Dove”

“Slow, Love, Slow”

Available at Record Store Day Retailers.

Fine Print: Purchase also includes the option to receive an unreleased track digitally.

So, I'm in Madison, and pretty much all you need to know about Record Store Day releases is on Strictly Discs' website and updated daily. Apparently the Coldplay 7" is not available for request at many stores yet, but it is at Strictly Discs. You can request them from anywhere in the country and they'll ship to you. It's first-come, first-serve, so if there's something you've got your eye on I'd suggest jumping on it pretty quick (I think I've requested 7 or 8 so far. I've requested most on the day they were released, so I'm crossing my fingers for all of them). http://www.strictlydiscs.com/page/about/us/intheknow?id=105

I would pay insane money for that Coldplay 7" Those are my two favorite Mylo Xyloto songs by a country mile.

stoked theres finally a list. dreading the monetary portion of this.

wants:

anberlin - never take friendship personal

destroyer = destroyer's rubies

electronic anthology project - dinosaur jr

kimbra - settle down

minus the bear - 7"

oberhofer - away frm u

sigur ros - hvarf heim

starfucker - heavens youth

is there ANY info about this minus the bear release??

This site says whatever it is is limited to 1000

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/02/record-store-day-5-april-21-2012-rsd12.html

Do you guys usually order these online or go to your local store? Our store in Salt Lake closed this past year (the owners had a baby) and wanted to get your opinion on ordering online?

Thanks!

Stores are prohibited from selling online until the day after, your best bet is to get a friend in another city to pick up the stuff you want or hope that the label/band saved some copies for mailorder. Just don't panic and try to find it on eBay the day of, prices are hugely inflated for the first few weeks or so as people are freaking out about not finding a copy at their local shop and think they'll miss out if they don't get a copy RIGHT NOW. Many releases will be available for close to what they sold for within a few months, the sheer number of releases guarantees there will be some people who eventually realize they don't want everything they bought and are willing to sell it off.

On a side note, and maybe this deserves its own thread, the UK RSD list is supposed to hit on Monday, the 19th.

Obviously, a lot of their items will not be available in the US.

What I was hoping we could do is maybe start a RSD Exchange program and if anyone is looking for any of the US items from the UK, we swap lists/items and that way everyone gets what they want without having to resort to Ebay.

If anyone is interested, let me know, as I'll have a good chance to get pretty much any item you want in the US.

From the inbox:

In celebration of Record Store Day, Matt Nathanson unveils his new EP Left & Right Volume 2: Live at Newbury Comics. Live at Music Millennium on April 21st. Recorded live at Newbury Comics in Boston, MA and Music Millennium in Portland, OR – two cornerstones of the independent music community – the EP chronicles Matt Nathanson performing acoustic arrangements for fans in an intimate setting.

Left & Right Volume 2 features stripped down versions of five songs from Nathanson’s latest release Modern Love – the smash single “Faster” which peaked Top 5 at Triple A, Top 10 at Hot AC and Top 30 at CHR/Pop Radio, “Kept,” “Bottom of the Sea,” “Modern Love,” and “Room @ the End of the World” which reached Top 15 at Triple A.

This exclusive Record Store Day release spotlights why Nathanson’s live shows continue to sell out across the country. His ability to write deeply engaging songs coupled with his hilarious stage banter makes this EP a must have for fans old and new.