Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

never ever or just not on this RSD?

Never ever, sadly. Just the new album that will be coming out this year (which is awesome). I pinged Temporary Residence on both Twitter and Facebook and they said it was just a rumor that there would be a Part C.

Where did that rumor start? From the Black Friday RSD "official" list posted on recordstoreday.com that mentioned that the series was a "trilogy". Sucks.

thanks for the update, its not so bad then if it was just a rumor all along.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never ever or just not on this RSD?

Never ever, sadly. Just the new album that will be coming out this year (which is awesome). I pinged Temporary Residence on both Twitter and Facebook and they said it was just a rumor that there would be a Part C.

Where did that rumor start? From the Black Friday RSD "official" list posted on recordstoreday.com that mentioned that the series was a "trilogy". Sucks.

Thanks for the update. That's a bummer. In the press release for both Pt. A and Pt. B, it read something like "...part one/two of a trilogy of RSD-branded vinyl EPs..." so it was more of a lie than a rumor I guess.

Good list from here:

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/02/record-store-day-5-april-21-2012-rsd12.html

• Original Soundtrack---Empire Records (2LP w/poster)

... Empire Records! hopefully it's a gatefold jacket with a Rex Manning spread on the inner jacket! ha.... There were tons of songs from the film that didn't make it on the official soundtrack, and there were some fan made bootlegs (track listings were chronological to the placement in the film). I'm hoping they don't fuck this one up and leave out those missing tracks..., however, I'm probably getting this one for sure...

Another 90's soundtrack that deserves a vinyl pressing.... Angus!

So, it's Empire Records and the Flaming Lips for me... maybe the Dirty Beaches split 7".

dude, i was looking back at pages that i hadn't read yet.

FUCK YES!!! Angus would be awesome. Love the soundtrack for that movie. i really hope they would do it one year. it took long enough to put it on dvd.

A split 7-inch between Now, Now and the Lonely Forest just got announced:

[image]

On April 21st Now, Now will celebrate Record Store Day with a Trans- Records 7" split featuring Now, Now's b-side "Shifting" and label mates The Lonely Forest's "Woe Is Me" as a limited edition 500 pressing. A full list of stores carrying the 7" (while supplies last) may be found HERE: http://nownowband.com/post/20119584208/fun-rsd

Anyone know of any word on this? I don't even see this on the RSD list. Is this going to be online only?

That is one of the Revelation releases. Last year, Rev posted on their website the stores that they sent their RSD items to, so you could know where to get them. In addition, they also sold these online either right before or right after RSD too.

Awesome! Thanks! I didn't pick up any Revelation Records items last year so this is new.

Info on Rhino's RSD releases:

[image]

LOS ANGELES – On April 21, Rhino will help celebrate Record Store Day 2012 with several limited edition, vinyl releases including two classic albums, T. Rex’s Electric Warrior and the Misfits’ Walk Among Us, a 12” featuring a 40+ minute version of Grateful Dead’s “Dark Star,” and their first offerings in Warner Bros. Records’ “Side By Side” series with two split 7” vinyl releases, one featuring “Respect” by both Otis Redding and Aretha Franklin and the other “Kick Out The Jams” by both MC5 and Afrika Bambaataa. All releases will be available exclusively at select independent music retailers during Record Store Day 2012. For a list of participating stores, please visit www.recordstoreday.com.

Grateful Dead’s “Dark Star” was their ultimate improvisational vehicle, allowing the band to really stretch out and jam freely, often times for over a half hour. DARK STAR – 5/4/72 – OLYMPIA THEATRE – PARIS, FRANCE includes one of the longest versions of the song in Dead history, clocking in at over 40 minutes, featured on 12”, 180-gram vinyl. Mixed by Jeffrey Norman and mastered by David Glasser, the vinyl features nearly 20 minutes of the song on the first side followed by a mid-song drum solo and the song’s epic finale on the second side. Released in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Dead’s legendary Europe ’72 tour, DARK STAR is limited to 4,200 copies worldwide and will be available for a suggested list price of $16.98.

The ELECTRIC WARRIOR SINGLES BOX is a clamshell-box featuring the entire album, plus the non-album b-side “Raw Ramp,” spread across six 7-inch singles. When combined, the six picture sleeves form an image of T. Rex founder Marc Bolan in his prime. Chris Bellman used the original analog masters to cut each disc at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Limited to 3,000 copies, the ELECTRIC WARRIOR SINGLES BOX will be available for a suggested list price of $49.98.

Rhino will also offer three colored-vinyl versions of the Misfits’ WALK AMONG US to mark the 30-year anniversary of the band’s 1982 full-length debut. It is a faithful reproduction of the original with music cut from the original analog masters and packaging that duplicates details down to the printed inner sleeve. Limited to 3,000 total copies in the U.S., WALK AMONG US will be available for a suggested list price of $17.98. The album will be pressed on red (1,250 pieces), blue (1,250 pieces) and clear (500) vinyl. Color variations will be distributed randomly. There will also be a purple vinyl pressing released internationally that will be limited to 1,500 copies.  

Lastly, Rhino will release their first offerings in Warner Bros. Records’ “Side By Side” series, which features a colored 7-inch vinyl with the original version of an iconic song on one side and a signature cover of the same song on the other. The first release is a gold 7-inch with Otis Redding’s “Respect” paired with Aretha Franklin’s version. The second is a red and white splatter 7-inch with MC5’s “Kick Out The Jams” paired with Afrika  Bambaataa’s version. Each “Side By Side” 7-inch will be limited to 6,800 copies worldwide with a suggested list price of $6.98.

I will leak it hear first, formal announcement coming next week....

LifeLine Records will be releasing a brand new 7" for Holy Fever "Ghost Story b/w There is a Light." Revelation will be distributing the worldwide version of 250 on clear w/ black smoke vinyl and Reckless Records in Chicago will have their own limited edition color with stamped dust sleeve limited to 100 copies.

I will leak it hear first, formal announcement coming next week....

LifeLine Records will be releasing a brand new 7" for Holy Fever "Ghost Story b/w There is a Light." Revelation will be distributing the worldwide version of 250 on clear w/ black smoke vinyl and Reckless Records in Chicago will have their own limited edition color with stamped dust sleeve limited to 100 copies.

Argh! I want these! Love these guys!

Little blurb I got in an email from ORG about some tote bags and t-shirts:

We're excited to announce that in addition to our split 7" featuring Mike Watt + The Missingmen and The Chuck Dukowski SEXTET, we're unveiling a new collector's merch line on Record Store Day. The initial line will feature record tote bags from Nirvana, Chuck Dukowski/Glen Friedmen, and Mike Watt, followed by a line of t-shirts. More details to come on that very soon.

Little blurb I got in an email from ORG about some tote bags and t-shirts:
We're excited to announce that in addition to our split 7" featuring Mike Watt + The Missingmen and The Chuck Dukowski SEXTET, we're unveiling a new collector's merch line on Record Store Day. The initial line will feature record tote bags from Nirvana, Chuck Dukowski/Glen Friedmen, and Mike Watt, followed by a line of t-shirts. More details to come on that very soon.

Wayne Coyne also designed a bag for RSD, but I don't know how that's going to be released:

[image]