wtb: antichrist superstar

chadhardbodies

Sorry dude, I think EMDM is his worst record by far XD I know pic discs aren't known for great sound, but I'd love to own the original AS one just for collectability...that being said, I'd be much more likely (guaranteed even) to buy any represses from Portrait to Holy Wood at a less exorbitant price than the hundred dollar crap floating around on Greedbay. I really want the blue/white Mechanical Animals too, hopefully you guys can get some sweet colors for that if the time comes

Honestly, I think a straight blue and white re-press for MA would be the way to go.

If that were to happen, I would prefer the standard tracklist for it and not the one on the currently "available" color pressing. I just can't dig actually listening to the songs in that order which is probably why I've only listened to mine once.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think a straight blue and white re-press for MA would be the way to go.

If that were to happen, I would prefer the standard tracklist for it and not the one on the currently "available" color pressing. I just can't dig actually listening to the songs in that order which is probably why I've only listened to mine once.

I guess it was an interesting idea, it just didn't sound as cohesive in practice. You know, we never seem to have too many good records in stock at my store and I can't believe people actually manage to find AS or other gems on clearance at HT!

When the Universal folks get back in the office early next year I will hit them up about doing a Manson LP for HT exclusively.

Which one should I start with? Antichrist?

I would be in for 'Antichrist' and 'Portait' easy - especially if 'Portait' is a double LP. (Aren't all originals a single LP? It's been a while since I've attempted to hunt them down.)

After that I really stopped caring but those first two were HUGE for me at the time and I'd love to have nice LP copies.

Make the vinyl look like this:

[image]

this would be appropriate for the label, but picture discs usually sound like ass.

No picture disc...it would probably be expensive to do, but it would be the sick3st vinyl ev3r.

I would seriously shit even if only AS was approved.

I would love if the jacket were thick like the Simply Vinyl version as well but we probably can't get EVERYthing.

Hey, tis the season for miracles! What better way to spread some holiday cheer than with a Manson thread? I'm drooling just thinking about it. An HT exclusive would be very nice, I'm just not down with most of the records we get in lately. Oh and how bout an etched shock logo on the D side while we're at it? (okay maybe not) XD

I would seriously shit even if only AS was approved.

I would love if the jacket were thick like the Simply Vinyl version as well but we probably can't get EVERYthing.

Hey, tis the season for miracles! What better way to spread some holiday cheer than with a Manson thread? I'm drooling just thinking about it. An HT exclusive would be very nice, I'm just not down with most of the records we get in lately. Oh and how bout an etched shock logo on the D side while we're at it? (okay maybe not) XD

That D-side is reserved for actual music, my friend. And yes, Christmas miracles regarding an album titled Antichrist Superstar. Now we're talkin'!

The Antichrist Superstar is from Simply Vinyl is solid, the pic disc is not so bad. I own both.

Also I have a second Simply Vinyl copy if you're itching for a copy.

I got a little Manson obsessed a month ago, got Portrait, SLC, Grotesque, and HolyW all in a 2 month span. I'd say Grotesque could really use a repress too, that shit is crazy expensive.

But now I'm all anti-antichrist right now, Thrice!

Travis: plz get Vheissu repressed... it goes for $150, it's not even a very old record!

I'm late to this party, but I would buy 2XLP versions of the first two albums in a second. I never even opened my t-shirt version of Portrait because I assumed it sounded awful and I don't care about a silly t-shirt because I'm a grown ass man.

Oh, and while we're at it, someone with a direct connection to Manson please get those Spooky Kids tapes remastered. Or did Gidget take those to his grave?

Working on Thrice stuff. Hopefully that happens.

Will work on some Manson stuff soon.

And if you have Island by the balls, make them do a Local H release on vinyl. People still sing "keep it copacetic" at the bars to this day.

Not gonna happen, I couldnt sell Local H vinyl at HT.

Will work on some Manson stuff soon.

Is this to say that you've met with the label about this yet?

I was under the impression that they wouldn't be available until after the new year. Not to say that my impressions on this issue really matter.

Havent even hit them up yet. Majors shut down for a few years at the end of the year so I doubt anyone is even there to talk to. Ill hit em up next week.