WHERE do you sell your records?

speely

Has anyone used Music Stack for example?

I signed up for an account but the owner actually talked me out of a membership. He said given my small inventory I'd probably only sell 1 item a month. He also said music stack gets less traffic than discogs. I respect his honesty but wow, its like he didn't want me there.

I rarely sell anything but if I do, it's mostly on Discogs, MusicStack and Gemm. I buy a lot from those 3 as well. I try to avoid eBay as much as possible.

I've just checked Gemm's seller's policy and find it quite ridiculous.

Besides charging 13%, apparently they send you money after you reach a certain amount etc. meaning the guy who actually ordered the record could be waiting forever on you to ship it, cos it could take weeks before you get the money (they process the order, wait until the total reaches a certain amount, write a check, ship it on a certain day of the week, the check travels via snail mail, you take it to the bank, the checks clears and only then you finally have the money). So, basically, you order and pay for a record today, but the seller may get the money 2-3 weeks later and will ship your record only then, meaning you have to wait at least a month to get something you paid a month before.

Or they maybe expect sellers to credit the orders and ship BEFORE they get the money? I don't see how the post office would give credit for the postage though, meaning you do need to wait until the money gets there to have the money to pay for the shipping.

Holy cow, that's one hell of an absurd seller's policy.

I guess I'll stick with Discogs. ;)

I rarely sell anything but if I do, it's mostly on Discogs, MusicStack and Gemm. I buy a lot from those 3 as well. I try to avoid eBay as much as possible.

I've just checked Gemm's seller's policy and find it quite ridiculous.

Besides charging 13%, apparently they send you money after you reach a certain amount etc. meaning the guy who actually ordered the record could be waiting forever on you to ship it, cos it could take weeks before you get the money (they process the order, wait until the total reaches a certain amount, write a check, ship it on a certain day of the week, the check travels via snail mail, you take it to the bank, the checks clears and only then you finally have the money). So, basically, you order and pay for a record today, but the seller may get the money 2-3 weeks later and will ship your record only then, meaning you have to wait at least a month to get something you paid a month before.

Or they maybe expect sellers to credit the orders and ship BEFORE they get the money? I don't see how the post office would give credit for the postage though, meaning you do need to wait until the money gets there to have the money to pay for the shipping.

Holy cow, that's one hell of an absurd seller's policy.

I guess I'll stick with Discogs. ;)

Hmmmm....I've actually never sold on Gemm but I've bought at least a dozen items. All items were pretty much shipped next day or within two days of me sending the payment. I was dealing with mostly low volume sellers too.

I bought an item from a seller on Gemm and paid on 12/22 and I got the item on 12/24. I was amazed at that because of the holidays. It was only 4 states away but I was still pleasantly surprised about that.

• 4 weeks later...