PO Cursive - I Am Gemini

I for one have always loved the way Saddle Creek handles vinyl. Simple one color presses that usually stay in print long enough for you to make your purchase when you can afford it, and always always always 180 gram. Love the handwritten thank you notes.

I have not really been digging the "want it all" packages. The colored variants have been amazing-looking but I'm not really interested in the extra padding (retail packaged CD version, t-shirt, poster, button, sticker) that makes the price $50. I'd be way more interested in a "want teh sick vinylz brah" package that included the colored variant and bonus record, no frills attached. I'd pay $25-$30 for something like that.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random SC vinyl question: How come the cover art of the Faint's "Danse Macabre" changed with the repress?

The image of the dude was not licensed. Not sure if they got a C&D on it, but that's what I was told way back in 2001 or whenever I noticed it.

That's correct. The band used the image of Mark Morris from a performance of "One Charming Night" without his permission. I'm not sure exactly how it went down since I wasn't working at the label at that time. I was friends with Todd though, and when he told me what happened I died laughing. I thought it was hilarious that they just threw that image on the cover and didn't worry about it. From what I was told, Morris wasn't super angry or wanting to sue or anything... he just asked them to change the cover when it was repressed. I don't think they had to destroy any copies, but I could be wrong about that. Here's the image they used:

http://carmen.lamonnaie.be/pls/carmen/carmen_modules.imagearchiefstuk?archiefstukexemplaar_id=507453

I for one have always loved the way Saddle Creek handles vinyl. Simple one color presses that usually stay in print long enough for you to make your purchase when you can afford it, and always always always 180 gram. Love the handwritten thank you notes.

I have not really been digging the "want it all" packages. The colored variants have been amazing-looking but I'm not really interested in the extra padding (retail packaged CD version, t-shirt, poster, button, sticker) that makes the price $50. I'd be way more interested in a "want teh sick vinylz brah" package that included the colored variant and bonus record, no frills attached. I'd pay $25-$30 for something like that.

I hear you. I'll pass this on. And we'll keep doing 180 gram whenever we can fit it in the budget. It depends mostly on how many copies we're pressing. Vinyl costs are at the point where 180 gram will kill a smaller release.

Also, for those interested, a label in the UK is doing a picture disc of the LP:

http://www.punktastic.com/news/27278/Big-Scary-Monsters-to-release-the-new-Cursive-album-on-vinyl-in-the-UK/

Big Scary Monsters Records will release CURSIVE's forthcoming new album 'I Am Gemini' on vinyl in the UK on limited edition picture disc.

It'll be hand numbered and limited to 500 copies, and you can see the full statement from BSM below:

"We're absolutely delighted to announce the release of Cursive's brilliant new album on limited edition 12" vinyl picture disc here in the UK!

'I Am Gemini', Cursive's seventh full-length and heaviest in years, tells the story of Cassius and Pollock, twin brothers separated at birth; one good, one evil. An unexpected reunion at a house that is not a home ignites a classic struggle for the soul, played out with a cast of characters that includes a chorus of angels and devils and conjoined twin sisters.

Recorded in Omaha, Nebraska at ARC studios with producer Matt Bayles (Mastodon, Minus The Bear, Isis) and mixed at Red Room in Seattle, Washington. Cursive is the longtime trio of Tim Kasher (vocals, guitar), Matt Maginn (bass) and Ted Stevens (guitar, vocals), with Patrick Newbery (keys) and Cully Symington (drums).

'I Am Gemini' is now available to pre-order on 12" vinyl picture disc, hand-numbered and limited to just 500 copies! Pick it up at our webstore and check out The Sun And Moon on the Rolling Stone website."

Full info at http://www.bsmrocks.com/.

Finally got the cash to pick this up. Grabbed the want it all bundle but like what was said before, would have been really into a $30 bundle that had the coloured LP, black and the 10".

that bundle would have been more than $30 with the 2 LP's. the album itself is already $15 alone, color vinyl costs more. 10" picture disc would have run maybe $8-10. I'd rather have a $30 bundle include the album on color vinyl, all the digital downloads and the picture disc. but they get you in the $50 bundle with the color vinyl.

finally picked up the i want it all bundle.

so glad this didn't sell out.

saddle creek is one of the few labels that can make bundles like this that i will actually pay for.

cannot wait to get this!

also, both songs are on spotify for those of you who want to hear Cat and Mouse.