PO Cursive - I Am Gemini

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just got the "I Am Gemini" LPs off the truck, and they look awesome. The marbled vinyl version looks great, really matches the artwork.

sick! I can't wait to get it in my hands.

fer reals, just mail 'em now that way we'll get them by the 7th.

;D

i think i got my tim kasher bundle a good 2 weeks early.

stoked to hear the bonus stuff on the picture disc. i hope it doesn't sound like frickin' rice crispies like most PDs do.

Keep in mind that the colors can vary, especially with RTI's process for marbled vinyl. They may not all look exactly like that one, but that's the first one we opened.

and this, my peoples key red/black marble is solid red with one giant black blob on the side.

stoked to hear the bonus stuff on the picture disc. i hope it doesn't sound like frickin' rice crispies like most PDs do.

We guarantee 100% that it will sound better than a flexi. :)

and regarding your TPK... I think it's just a function of RTI's process. They told me the reason they didn't offer the wide range of color variations as Pirates or others (splatter vinyl, etc) was because of the type of press they use. They'd have to get completely different machinery to do other types of color patterns. The process they use just isn't as controllable, I guess.

Best goddam band

I concur that Cursive is one of the greatest bands on the planet. Every album is different but all of them are good. From what I have heard off of I Am Gemini, it is not as instantly catchy as some of the stuff Kasher has written. But I have no doubt once I get a second to sit down and listen to whole thing it will probably be my favorite record of the year. The only thing about I Am Gemini is that it seems different in that Kasher usually writes in a more self analytical and self loathing way which speaks to me more. Maybe I am way off as I have not heard the whole story of Cassius and Pollack but can't way to do so. Good thing we only have to way until next Tuesday.

Best goddam band

I concur that Cursive is one of the greatest bands on the planet. Every album is different but all of them are good. From what I have heard off of I Am Gemini, it is not as instantly catchy as some of the stuff Kasher has written. But I have no doubt once I get a second to sit down and listen to whole thing it will probably be my favorite record of the year. The only thing about I Am Gemini is that it seems different in that Kasher usually writes in a more self analytical and self loathing way which speaks to me more. Maybe I am way off as I have not heard the whole story of Cassius and Pollack but can't way to do so. Good thing we only have to way until next Tuesday.

pretty much every cursive album since domestica has been a work of fiction, with the exception of mama i'm swollen, and tk's solo record.

pretty much every cursive album since domestica has been a work of fiction, with the exception of mama i'm swollen, and tk's solo record.

I was just trying to say that the reason why a lot of people listen to Cursive is because they empathize with the lyrical content in relation to their lives. If most of it is fiction, which it may well be, its pretty good stuff that one could relate to their lives and thoughts. And I saw an interview with Tim about the Game of Monogamy and he said that album was fiction as well. I know he has written screenplays but he could write some damn good novels if he ever chose to become an author.