Japanese and Korean HC

kriss

can't believe it took so long for the Comes to be mentioned! "No Side" is so great! one of my favorite japanese hardcore records!

Looked up prices and I'm resigning myself to never owning any GISM or Gauze on vinyl (the Gauze stuff is $150+)

you can at least still get the newest Gauze LP from Prank for a regular price.

and speaking of newer stuff... i actually think Systematic Death's stuff from the past few years (all the "systema #" releases) is better than their old stuff! they've always been good, but fuck, that new stuff is raging!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to know there are a few japanese hc fans around these parts.. there are so few that sometimes i forget that rad or kurtz actually listen to that stuff too. haha. or any of you guys..

also SYSTEMATIC DEATH rules... been meaning to get more of their stuff. have very little.

can't believe it took so long for the Comes to be mentioned! "No Side" is so great! one of my favorite japanese hardcore records!

Looked up prices and I'm resigning myself to never owning any GISM or Gauze on vinyl (the Gauze stuff is $150+)

you can at least still get the newest Gauze LP from Prank for a regular price.

and speaking of newer stuff... i actually think Systematic Death's stuff from the past few years (all the "systema #" releases) is better than their old stuff! they've always been good, but fuck, that new stuff is raging!

Yeah, I have to recant the statement slightly - the record store actually has a copy of that Gauze so I'm good to go on that. Me and one of the dudes who I regularly talk to when I go put in a bunch of special orders yesterday for used Lip Cream, Bastard, GISM and a few other bands incase any used copies came floating through - we both laughed as we were doing it while acknowledging that there was a snowball's chance any of them would actually pass through since most folks tend to hold onto their copies.

nice to know there are a few japanese hc fans around these parts.. there are so few that sometimes i forget that rad or kurtz actually listen to that stuff too. haha. or any of you guys..

Looks like nearly a couple dozen of us are into it if this thread is an indicator - we should set up a small ring to trade mix cd's via mail of the Japanese and general Asian HC that we're all enjoying and finding.

Looks like nearly a couple dozen of us are into it if this thread is an indicator - we should set up a small ring to trade mix cd's via mail of the Japanese and general Asian HC that we're all enjoying and finding.

just post the bands on here and i'm sure we can easily find stuff online if need be.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':ssjr2rxd]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ssjr2rxd]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

just post the bands on here and i'm sure we can easily find stuff online if need be.

Easier sure, but it's always more fun physically making and trading mixes. :)

...late to the thread

Seems like controlthebleeding and a couple other dudes have most of the bases covered here.

Although, nobody has mentioned the best band from the past few years... Kriegshög! Everyone should own their Hardcore Hell 7".

I also recommend Rednecks - Visions of Mad 7". My favorite Japanese release from last year. You can still find it hanging out in a couple distros.

• 2 weeks later...

Been finding a slew of other bands since posting in this thread with Crow and Smash Your Face being particular favorites. Found a bootleg Gauze LP with one of their 80's albums on the A-Side and a bunch of 7" singles on the B-side and it was dirt cheap (seeing as how their 80's stuff is usually $100ish).

Bump!

Checked out smash your face ( from seeing kriss's post in the post image thread) and have been digging them.

I don't know if you know this already, but Boris's vein is a really good crust/ hardcore hybrid type thing going on, with vocals done by the drummer Atsuo. I don't know why I didn't mention it earlier. Good luck finding that record cheap though ;)

Also You might dig Stupid Babies Go Mad

I also forgot to mention that there is two versions of vein. Drone & rock. The Drone was exclusive to Europe

^ Smash Your Face seriously rules! I've been listening to that 7" nearly every day.

I'm bummed that vinyl copies of Vein are so expensive (as is the case with half of their stuff it seems). I'd like both copies since Drone and HC are both important staples in my listening diet.

The more and more I explore this scene, the more I'm finding that I really, really enjoy the more crusty sounding stuff - I'm all for recommendations in that vein (*pun*)!

...late to the thread

Seems like controlthebleeding and a couple other dudes have most of the bases covered here.

Although, nobody has mentioned the best band from the past few years... Kriegshög! Everyone should own their Hardcore Hell 7".

I also recommend Rednecks - Visions of Mad 7". My favorite Japanese release from last year. You can still find it hanging out in a couple distros.

thanks for reminding me about that. i totally forgot about Kriegshög. I'm downloading the REDNECKS now to see how if i like.

mauser is awesome, but yeah, not from japan. WBTD is good too, but i'm more a Severed Head of State fan myself.