Bright Eyes Back Catalog REPRESS - Preorder

gmoney

Yes, this was the main thing I was alluding to in the Cursive thread. There's one more thing in the works as far as repress/reissue (it's not Bright Eyes). More will follow, but there's only one reissue currently in the pipeline besides the rest of the 6 Bright Eyes reissues. Sorry, can't give it away or I'll get in trouble :)

Other info from questions:

Yes, the Fevers 2LP will have the mirror. It's a different setup, because it's not on a printed inner sleeve this time, it's on a square insert. It does still show through a die cut opening in the front of the jacket like the original press.

We would have had to raise the list price to do the two printed inner sleeves... for some reason they are stupidly expensive. The old-style gatefold jacket took up some of the budget, plus the mirror stickers and hand-application of the mirrors. Also, we're not totally into printed inner sleeves in general. They always seem to get seam splits in transit.

Not sure why Jetsabel and Insound tour support stuff didn't make Noise Floor, I honestly can't remember what the discussion was about that.

As far as them selling out if you don't buy the bundle, I'm not sure. ADA ordered 600 of each of the first two titles, so we have 1400 left of each. They will reorder if those go fast. I'm not sure what the plan is on holding copies back for the online store, but I'll try to post here and let you guys know when they're getting low.

@nickh: (Re: NSW shipping) Nate told me he got your email, and thought he had replied but must not have. He's going to get back to you shortly.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ thanks for taking the time to reply to all the questions! you should really stick around, it's nice having someone from SC on here. i feel like SC flies under the radar often because there are never any problems with anything lol. definitely one of my favorite labels to order from.

i caved and preordered the set... i'm supposed to be saving for a wedding lol. oops.

Same with me, Batman. Bright Eyes is worth it, though. When are you getting married? Mine's in November, so i felt that this could be my last big record purchase before i really get into saving.

^ thanks for taking the time to reply to all the questions! you should really stick around, it's nice having someone from SC on here. i feel like SC flies under the radar often because there are never any problems with anything lol. definitely one of my favorite labels to order from.

i caved and preordered the set... i'm supposed to be saving for a wedding lol. oops.

Indeed!

Saddle Creek is awesome! If you are ever in Omaha, make sure to stop by their shop. It is definitely one of the best record stores you can go! I stop by every time I fly in to Omaha and they are always awesome! Support this label as well as some of their newer bands. I don't think they've ever put out a bad record.

@rubbercity: No plans for Neva represses that I know of right now. We did reissue their self-title debut CD in 2009, but I'm not aware of any other titles in the works.

@impact: I'll see if I can get the Fevers 1st & 2nd pressing info on Monday.

thanks,

from what I've been keeping track, here is the breakdown (as I know it)

Fevers and Mirrors

1st Pressing: w. Mirror

2nd Pressing: w.out Mirror

3rd Pressing: Box set edition

4th Pressing: Record Store Day, Euro Press

5th Pressing: Current back catalog repress

@rubbercity: No plans for Neva represses that I know of right now. We did reissue their self-title debut CD in 2009, but I'm not aware of any other titles in the works.

@impact: I'll see if I can get the Fevers 1st & 2nd pressing info on Monday.

Can you let us know when the $99 sets are running low?

I haven't ordered mine but I'm trying to scrape funds together and would rather not use my credit card :/

@ComaChameleon - I'll definitely try to give you guys a heads up when the $99 sets are running low. Would it be best to just post the notice onto this thread?

@impact - Here's the pressing info for Fevers:

1st pressing: with mirror. 1098 copies (10% overrun). Pressed at Erika, March 2000. Hand assembled by us at SC.

2nd pressing: no mirror. 1050 copies. Pressed at Erika, April 2000.

3rd pressing: no mirror. 1050 copies. Pressed at Erika, not sure of the date.

4th pressing: box set editions (this was pressed four times, see below)

- 1st box: with vertical box artwork poster. 3036 copies, 7/22/2003

- 2nd box: with horizontal discography poster. 3095 copies, 10/27/2003

- 3rd box: with horizontal discography poster. 3214 copies, 3/2/2004

- 4th box: with horizontal discography poster. 3110 copies, 12/31/2004

5th pressing: Record Store Day, UK pressing by Wichita (don't know that info)

6th pressing: current 2012 reissue. 3000 copies approx. 1/5/2012

Or I guess it would be 1st through 9th pressing if you consider each box set to be a different pressing....

Whenever things slow down a bit, I'm planning on getting a pressing database together for everything we've released (or as much as I can find... our old records are spotty). Whenever that happens, I'll post the info to Discogs, but I can also post a new thread on here.