STD Daybreak: ordered white, sticker says black?

I ordered one white copy from SRC, and then they shipped me two copies that say black on the stickers. Anyone else order a white copy from SRC? Did it have a sticker that said black?

Thanks for any help!

(And apparently its being "pressed in the Netherlands" makes it extra special for some reason? Is this the vinyl-pressing capital of the world or something?)

ah good to know

i'm so confused. i got a message that i could get a black copy instead of the white when i emailed about the order status and agreed. so does that mean i'm getting the black or the white? i don't really care, but i would prefer the 180g black if the white isn't 180g as well...

I messaged you! I will find out.

Also they put the 180 Gram Black Sticker on the shrink wrap of this record, even though its white when you open it up. Why, no one knows! Almost gave me a heart attack.

For some reason the plant put the sticker on it saying it was black. Who the heck knows why. We didnt remove when shipping out to those who pre order. I will get someone this week who works in the warehouse to remove the stickers to avoid any further confusion. We didnt initially as for this was SUPER delayed and we really just wanted to get the album out. Not to be rude, but I guess I just assumed people would open and see its not black. Sorry!

not to be an ass but why wouldn't you just open it?

I debated on that, but then if it was black, as advertised, I would have wanted to return it. I think in that case src would have had every right to deny a return--I should have known I had the wrong product because it obviously says black on the outside. Would have sounded pretty stupid calling to complain because I opened it because I didn't trust the sticker. Figured I'd spend ten minutes using the VC resource rather than risk opening a can of worms.

For some reason the plant put the sticker on it saying it was black. Who the heck knows why. We didnt remove when shipping out to those who pre order. I will get someone this week who works in the warehouse to remove the stickers to avoid any further confusion. We didnt initially as for this was SUPER delayed and we really just wanted to get the album out. Not to be rude, but I guess I just assumed people would open and see its not black. Sorry!

All it takes is one stroke of a sharpie. 500 times...2 sec per record...that's less than 17 minutes of invested man power. (If my memory's right that they're /500.) But np, all's well, got the right record, and besides the sticker, the packaging is great! Didn't think the white was 180g, either--nice surprise.

I debated on that, but then if it was black, as advertised, I would have wanted to return it. I think in that case src would have had every right to deny a return--I should have known I had the wrong product because it obviously says black on the outside. Would have sounded pretty stupid calling to complain because I opened it because I didn't trust the sticker. Figured I'd spend ten minutes using the VC resource rather than risk opening a can of worms.

i get that but if your invoice is for a white and you got black you should be able to return for refund if it wasn't what you ordered right? i don't know....not sure how src would handle that.

All it takes is one stroke of a sharpie. 500 times...2 sec per record...that's less than 17 minutes of invested man power. (If my memory's right that they're /500.) But np, all's well, got the right record, and besides the sticker, the packaging is great! Didn't think the white was 180g, either--nice surprise.

or at least send an email to those that preordered the white.

i get that but if your invoice is for a white and you got black you should be able to return for refund if it wasn't what you ordered right? i don't know....not sure how src would handle that.

No, I knew I'd be able to return it, SRC is great with that, but maybe not if it was opened, since they can't resell in that case...which is why i figured I'd invest 5 minutes and ask the board. Figured someone would easily be able to give me a short response to confirm.

I got the wrong color of separation. I ordered white but got black. It was opened, So I emailed jenna and Danny and they told me to keep the black and they will send me a white. I mentioned in the notes if they had any sunburst left to throw that in instead. I knew my chances were slim cause it had been sold out for weeks, but they ended up giving me the sunburst. So I got awesome customer service and two copies.

you get an A for this assignment!

I didnt mean you specifically. I see where you are coming from. I just meant in general we didnt rush to rip off the sticker cause I assumed the majority people would open it before asking. A lot of people freaked out without even checking the record. I would say about 50%. I just didnt expect that many people would not open it and would instead freak out. However, it makes sense. Next time someone sends a record to us with a stupid label that is incorrect I will be sure to rid of it or add a "NOT" infront of the supposed color.

in general we didnt rush to rip off the sticker cause I assumed the majority people would open it before asking. A lot of people freaked out without even checking the record. I would say about 50%. I just didnt expect that many people would not open it and would instead freak out. However, it makes sense. Next time someone sends a record to us with a stupid label that is incorrect I will be sure to rid of it or add a "NOT" infront of the supposed color.

you made the mistake of underestimating the amount of people who buy records and never intend on opening them let alone playing them. they most likely make up the majority of your customer base. 50% of people buying any record is probably about right, and i wouldnt be surprised if that number is actually higher. depending on the band it could go higher too. i have the feeling with each passing day that number will climb higher and higher. it's unfortunate but a huge portion of people buy records just to have it for whatever reason, not to enjoy listening to it.

I was one of the people who didn't open it but sent a email. I was in the same boat as the OP, i didn't want to open it and not be able to exchange it. Once i saw the post about the stickers i opened it and instantly listened to it.

http://www.gramfeed.com/instagram/629853908_1036035

This variant should have been the initial release of this album. I love Saves The Day but sure as hell wasn't going to buy this album twice. Did this release warrant a "colored" repress so quickly?

totally agree. before they announced the white copies, SRC was saying, "these are almost sold out, almost out of print!" then they said the white ones are available and almost gone. the site says they still have both.