Hey VC! Buy my 'zine!

kriss

Jeff, got them just now and they're great! I've gotten so many solid answers from multiple people that I'm spreading them over two installments in issues 2 and 3. :)

Dreamover - there are copies over at Quimby's - when I get more printed, they'll most like be found in both Challengers Comics and Permanent Records as well.

Standing at a bus stop - this weather is great! There's gonna be a catch soon, I'm sure....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid mail(out) day!

Aside from a few on hold copies, the first run is now completely sold out! I'll be going back to do a second run pretty soon! Thanks for the support all of you, I seriously appreciate it! I know that a lot of the content leans towards the weird both in terms of the music and food aspects, but at the least, hopefully you guys keep buying future issues for the interesting and off the beaten path content. :)

[image]

Thanks for the compliments man! :) I've been worried that the subject matter is too dense but as I've said before, even if a lot of folks aren't familiar with the subject matter, hopefully it's all presented in such a way where it's interesting to read and maybe even opens a door to discover something new. The next issue is more straightforward (I'll be getting it printed in the next couple of weeks as I'm over 2/3 finished it) as it deals for the most part with pizza!

@ Darren: yeah dude, definitely try a recipe out - those are actually the hardest part to put together (writing wise, in terms of execution, they're all fairly easy. Email me if you need tips). In the coming issue, I have four different recipes for pizzas (including a dessert pizza with glazed apples and chocolate chips)

@ Jeff: Hah! I've gotten to the point where I've broken even and ended up not losing any money so that's good enough for me. My hope is that while the subject matter is weirder, everyone here who got a copy enjoys it enough to pick up issue #2 in a few weeks. :)

ahhhwww. *game show music*

it's funny, I go to a site called We Make Zines and there was a debate on there a bit back about the 'value' of zines ala vinyl records, action figures, etc and aside from super old issues of Cometbus and early Beat literature and stuff like that, I don't think zines really accumulate much value. Aside from that, there's no discernable difference between printings since I use the same inks, paper, cardstock, etc print each run.

Obviously I know yr joking, hahah. :) I uh...gave way too serious of an answer didn't I?

thanks Jeff, hopefully the content is engrossing :)

Spaghetti (what's yr name name by the way?), thanks for grabbing one! I seriously appreciate it. It'll be sent out on Tuesday! :)

For anyone else interested, these are now back in stock with fresh copies in the store (as evidenced by a few folks buying some in the last couple of days). BAM!

thanks Jeff, hopefully the content is engrossing :)

Spaghetti (what's yr name name by the way?), thanks for grabbing one! I seriously appreciate it. It'll be sent out on Tuesday! :)

For anyone else interested, these are now back in stock with fresh copies in the store (as evidenced by a few folks buying some in the last couple of days). BAM!

My name is Paul.