Paper and Plastick ($4 Foot-Long Sale)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a bunch of 6-10 LP orders over the last few weeks and each was $10-15 Shipping. (one of which was an order from the Junkie) It may not seem like a lot but that ends up being about an extra $1 per record. I still might order. I would definitely order if shipping was closer to $12-15.

Call me a crybaby if you will, but it is a matter of at what price do I value these records. For me apparently it is at less than $7 per.

Yeah, I picked up Tumbledown and the Dost - Columbus album. Really stoked to hear it.

Frankly, it looks as if their shipping increases along with each album you buy, so it's just making up for them charging less. You're all still getting pretty sweet deals for the records.

The Dost album is great. You can totally see where all the arrangements and stuff on the first Fun. album came from, plus it's a concept record about Christopher Columbus! I mean come on. Packaging is great too.

And I know it doesn't cost $11.50 to send a 7. It doesn't even cost that to send a 12.

Even in Australia sending it an hour away costs $8. You guys just love having a sook

You're right about the price of mailing a 7", it is almost half as cheap as that (generally $6.50-ish). But I have about 35 old 12" mailers, tucked away in a corner, that I've received from the US and none of them are under $14. Such a difference, it's bullshit.

BUT! To the point; their postage IS overpriced. I was gonna get 2 12"s from them and they want $23 shipping? No. Absolutely not.

And I know it doesn't cost $11.50 to send a 7. It doesn't even cost that to send a 12.

Even in Australia sending it an hour away costs $8. You guys just love having a sook

And yeah I agree with this guy, some of you folks don't know how good you've got it!

i don't argue that fact.

but when i just received 3 lp's from germany for 10 US shipped. I can't justify paying 20 US dollars for 4 records from a US record label.

i guess i almost bought a ton of stuff from here with this sale. shipping (in the us) was going to be $75. i know you can ship infinity records for $13.

and then i remembered i never want to give my money to this company because theyve screwed over some friends who've ordered from them, and screwed over some friends who did a record with em

I had a bunch of records in my cart but the shipping to Canada at the end was more than the actual price of the records. I passed!!!

Same thing here. I had 7 records in my cart (4 LPs, 3 7"s) and didn't feel like paying $40 for shipping. I will continue to exclusive purchase any P+P records I want through No Idea/It's Alive.

i got a response to my email about their ridiculous shipping charge on the order i wanted to put in (actual postage should be around 20 bucks. they wanted 130+. running a business i know there is a big difference between actual postage, and the full cost of shipping, so i expect shipping to be a little more than actual postage.)

The response i got was a generic.....it goes by the weight, and we have to make sure we cover the costs of shipping something that hefty, which is really expensive.

Basically bullshitting me and saying, thats how much it costs to ship, and saying they wouldnt double check the shipping price.

definitely not a company i want to even come close to supporting :(

That's a lame response from them. It's a shame, because they have some great bands on their label. I have the Plow United collection from the LTJ 20th anniversary tour and The Have Nots Proud which I bought from the band the other night on their tour with Anti-Flag.

I am still considering purchasing The Have Nots Serf City before it becomes OOP. I also wouldn't mind those Stephen Egerton and Riot Before albums either.