The Classic Crime - New album KICKSTARTER

I love the Classic Crime, and I'm too tired to get into another arguement about this, but if you scan their fb page, you'll see where many of us have complained about the $99 vinyl option. If you look at everything you get with the vinyl option, you're actually getting the $30 packing, and you're just adding the vinyl to it... meaning the band is asking $70 for their "limited edition vinyl".

I just wish bands would quit asking for outrageous amounts for their vinyl packages on kickstarter. Why can't I support the band and have them offer a reasonably priced vinyl package?

I love the Classic Crime, and I'm too tired to get into another arguement about this, but if you scan their fb page, you'll see where many of us have complained about the $99 vinyl option. If you look at everything you get with the vinyl option, you're actually getting the $30 packing, and you're just adding the vinyl to it... meaning the band is asking $70 for their "limited edition vinyl".

I just wish bands would quit asking for outrageous amounts for their vinyl packages on kickstarter. Why can't I support the band and have them offer a reasonably priced vinyl package?

They obviously don't know vinyl like Brent does.

I think the problem with these bands adding the vinyl option is the way they view the vinyl release. It seems like all these bands view it as a "collectors item" instead of a medium for the music.

Exactly, I was talking to a band about putting their stuff on vinyl, and they said its a collectors item and we need to make it as collectable as possible. I really stopped caring after that, because obviously they don't understand why people buy vinyl...

I really dug their first two albums. The last one wasn't that good. Albatross was super catchy and fun for fourteen year old me. Also, apparently the $99 option gets your name on the record as a producer or something. Not defending it, just saying. I assume it'll be sold separately upon relase. Idk.

toured with these guys when they were supporting their 2nd record. dug the tunes and them as people a lot so im happy for them. but i believe the secret to their overwhelming support here is the religion factor. it's a real game changer for bands' sales and support across the boards when they cater to the Christian rock genre

toured with these guys when they were supporting their 2nd record. dug the tunes and them as people a lot so im happy for them. but i believe the secret to their overwhelming support here is the religion factor. it's a real game changer for bands' sales and support across the boards when they cater to the Christian rock genre

Merch? Or your band opened? If so what band

Went to a Christian high school, this is super true. Christian music is huge, and they all actually pay money for it. This band is pretty basic radio rock, but Christians like them because of that. They take few potentially-alienating risks with their music and talk about God a lot (maybe this band doesn't, I don't know, I've only heard about 3-4 songs from them). I've always been really discouraged watching inventive/exciting bands like Danielson Famile, mewithoutYou, Anathallo, early Pedro the Lion, etc. get pushed to the outer fringes of Christian music while the most boring garbage gets hoisted on a pedestal for how many "Jesus"es they can fit into a song.

Yeah, I used to be really into a youth group and went and saw many-a Christian bands (Toby Mac, Hawk Nelson, Thousand Foot Krutch, Pillaw, Skillet (still like them), Family Force Five, SuperChick, The Wedding, and a bunch more) and there were more people at popular Christian shows like that than at shows like Anthony Green, and the people were much more willing to just give them money for merch and shit. When I went to see Christian hardcore bands, though, it was a lot different, because they weren't unoriginal and said Jesus every other word.

Agreed. Solid dudes and I enjoy the music. I agree to an extent that bands under that label tend to get certain perks of attaining fans via many different avenues. But for the most part, the better bands in my eyes having any sort of belief usually hurts them if they are vocal about it. Mute Math are one that in my eyes if they didn't break out of the christian market like they did they wouldn't have the success they currently have. Because they don't cater to that "kiddy Relient K" crowd. I'm stoked to see people like Derek Webb and Gungor really changing the mindset of "christian" music and even leveling the playing field as well as alot of bands to get up to par with alot of secular bands