The Used - Lies for the Liars Vinyl help/question

Guest theusedguy

Showbread rules! It would be sweet if they pressed Age Of Reptiles on vinyl.

It'd be even sweeter if they pressed Nihilism.

Nihilism is very likely as soon as I can save a bit of money. I need more discipline. I'd rather press Age of Reptiles, but I just don't think it would sell. Blegh.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be even sweeter if they pressed Nihilism.

Nihilism is very likely as soon as I can save a bit of money. I need more discipline. I'd rather press Age of Reptiles, but I just don't think it would sell. Blegh.

Really? So you think there's a chance of them licensing it? That'd be awesome. I personally think Nihilism would sell better, too. I know a few of my friends who would buy it. You should do a Kickstarter so I can get a testpress! :P

Really? So you think there's a chance of them licensing it? That'd be awesome. I personally think Nihilism would sell better, too. I know a few of my friends who would buy it. You should do a Kickstarter so I can get a testpress! :P

I know the guys personally, I actually run their street team, so they would totally let me do it and would probably want to be involved. Brent wants me to co-release it with him, so I'd imagine with his connections at T&N and my ties to the band, we could get it done.

I actually have some alternate mixes of Nihilsm (really unpolished and stuff, the way they originally wanted the album) that I think would sound loads better on vinyl, if this ever gets close to really happening I want to ask about if those were a possibility.

I know the guys personally, I actually run their street team, so they would totally let me do it and would probably want to be involved. Brent wants me to co-release it with him, so I'd imagine with his connections at T&N and my ties to the band, we could get it done.

I actually have some alternate mixes of Nihilsm (really unpolished and stuff, the way they originally wanted the album) that I think would sound loads better on vinyl, if this ever gets close to really happening I want to ask about if those were a possibility.

Well that's pretty awesome! I've seen them twice. The second time was when they were tidying Anorexia/Nervosa... But still. Do you have those uploaded anywhere? I'd love to hear them.

I was looking back at the threads I started here when I first joined. I was a complete idiot asking questions I could have easily googled, but for fucks sake this theusedguy is so dense. I think he's screwed anybody who might of helped him had he learned his lesson.

You've actually been one of the better new members after this shit storm of fools over the last few months.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':x8tehhci]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':x8tehhci]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Lock.Delete.Ban.

This is getting out of hand. He had all the answers he needed, the thread was being bumped non-stop, constantly off topic, flaming, name calling, etc. Original thread was locked, because he had everything he needed and it was serving no additional value to the boards.

I hate to just complain about this and I know it makes a lot of people laugh, but this type of thread and actions just muddy up the boards. I am all for freedom of speech, funny gifs, laughs, giggles, people telling me "qft", etc but, IMO, this serves no value to the forum. Plus he blatantly started a new thread as soon as the old thread was locked, which also IMO, is completely out of hand and ridiculous.

Most won't care and will say who cares, whatever lets have fun, but actions like this will continue to happen and will only get worse. It will drive the decent threads away and allow more threads like this to be accepted and become a norm.

People should stop asking to have this thread locked. Is it really so difficult to just avoid it?

Is it bothering you so much that you just have to bump it to ask to have it locked? What do you do in the real world when somebody is having a conversation that you don't want to be a part of? Do you run and cry until someone stops the conversation, or do you just avoid it?

I think of this book and Al Franken's dumb face every time I see this thread title. Ann Coulter would also want this thread locked...

[image]