PO: Sum 41 - All Killer, No Filler

Received my copy yesterday. Slight dings on the box. Almost freaked out when I saw record jackets for a different record but they were there for protection. I don't know if there's a good excuse for not using bubblewrap and cardboard fillers.

The first thing I noticed about the record was the warp. I can tell just by looking at the jacket, still sealed. The last thing I noticed was Brown Sound's fat lip face.

I spun the whole entire record once and it played well, except for a slight jump on the last track. I'll let that slide.

Quick tip: Use protection. You don't use a sock with hopes it works just like a condom. Same goes for protecting records during shipment.

I will never buy from Asbestos again. I speak for everyone who received a Sum 41 frisbee.

you all need to shut the fuck up seriously

you act like flood meant for all of your records to get warped

shit happens get over it and move on

i get that you paid money for it, but why dont you try and email flood and see if you can get a replacement. I guarantee you he would be more than happy to work with you guys on this.

i get that you paid money for it, but why dont you try and email flood and see if you can get a replacement. I guarantee you he would be more than happy to work with you guys on this.

hey buddy,

we can understand it's not asbestos fault and blame it on usps

but poorly packaged records = higher chance of damage

my frisbee41 came with no protection but the outerbox it was shipped in.

the fact that we have to pay additional money to ship it back to asbestos sucks, whats the point? they cant just trust that our records are complete shit and send us a new copy? we're more than happy to provide pictures of our frisbee41's but having us ship it back is whack as hell.

i ended up flattening mine using glass and sunlight and it plays okay now but the sleeve is shit still. im not down to wrap it back up, drive to postal office and pay more money when the chances of it getting fucked up again from the original usps is still there. so fuck it, im over it.

but dont tell unsatisfied customers to stfu cause they have every right to be upset.

Actually, none of us "need" to do anything of the sort. If you don't like hearing people discuss (and yes, complaining does fall under the blanket term "discussing") about recent vinyl releases and transactions, then you need to get the fuck off these boards. I'm not taking your comments personally either, I didn't even make a big deal about my bent jacket. I just hate flamers who come on these boards to stir up shit by telling people what they can and can't talk about. Just because you don't agree with their point of view doesn't make it any less valid.

I can tell you with great certainty that I know flood never "meant" for anybody's record to get damaged, I agree with you on that. But I also know when you charge people $5 a pop for shipping and it costs you less than $4 per, that's over $1,000 of straight profit in your pockets on shipping charges alone. Maybe some of that could have gone to cardboard inserts, that's all people on here are trying to get at.

I love asbestos and will still continue to buy from them but having 3 separate records all show up in the same month, all poorly packaged with damage to the jackets is upsetting to me, and I can relate and sympathize with someone who comes on here and posts a similar situation. Not so much that I'm going to request a replacement, all I care about is that my records play. But I still and always will respect everyone's right to come on here and vent/discuss/relate with one another about releases and their experiences (which is what this board is meant for!). So kindly do me and everyone on here a favor and fuck right off.

so you can all vent but when i vent i get shit for it?

hypocrites

edit: this wasnt meant to start an argument at all

but to come here and say you are NEVER going to buy from a label again because a record got fucked up in transit is stupid

Had I seen the record in a bubblewrap cardboard sandwich then I would definitely put 100% of the blame on USPS.

As for I not buying any future releases from Asbestos in the future is purely my opinion based on 1st-hand experience. It may seem impatient on my part that I only give Flood 1 release to ruin any future purchases from Asbestos, but it's the same thing as doing anything in life for the first time. It's all about first impressions. You only get one. My first impression: If everything else is packed like this, then I won't buy from them again. That same philosophy applies to everything you try for the first time.

On a brighter note, my record still plays. There's just a crease on the top left corner of the jacket but I could care less right now. If it wasn't for the other guy posting his really fucked up record, then I would probably return my copy and asked for a replacement or refund. If it wasn't for the warp, then I would be 100% satisfied.

My last post was just a request on behalf of everyone else who has been affected by the outcome of the shipment and for future customers. Had we seen a better packaged record, then our responses wouldn't seem so aggravated.

Had I seen the record in a bubblewrap cardboard sandwich then I would definitely put 100% of the blame on USPS.

As for I not buying any future releases from Asbestos in the future is purely my opinion based on 1st-hand experience. It may seem impatient on my part that I only give Flood 1 release to ruin any future purchases from Asbestos, but it's the same thing as doing anything in life for the first time. It's all about first impressions. You only get one. My first impression: If everything else is packed like this, then I won't buy from them again. That same philosophy applies to everything you try for the first time.

On a brighter note, my record still plays. There's just a crease on the top left corner of the jacket but I could care less right now. If it wasn't for the other guy posting his really fucked up record, then I would probably return my copy and asked for a replacement or refund. If it wasn't for the warp, then I would be 100% satisfied.

My last post was just a request on behalf of everyone else who has been affected by the outcome of the shipment and for future customers. Had we seen a better packaged record, then our responses wouldn't seem so aggravated.

you live and learn

everybody make mistakes.

you learn from them

its whatever at this point

It's happening on all kinds of stuff. Whether I'm shipping or receiving something its all extremely delayed. USPS needs to get it together.

The best I've had is buying a record (I live in Australia) and the tracking said it left somewhere in the US and arrived in Florida...80 days before I even bought the item. Then the tracking never changed and it just arrived eventually.

All this because your jacket has a little crease in it?

The guy runs an indie record label and is probably on a tight budget already. Jesus Christ cut him some slack. Wouldn't you want somebody else to do the same if you were in his shoes?

Completely agree on the quoted post. People don't care. They see it as a personal attack on their purchase and who they are. Individuals get even more upset when they feel it's personal and get a response from the person who is "supposably" at fault that he's working on the issue and nothing has happen yet. There are a lot of factors that played into some of the damaged items. But to sit here and blame it all one person is ridiculous. Has anyone expressed their dissatisfaction with the USPS? Why are there no stories about what people are doing with the USPS?

To me this isn't another RJ incident. To everyone else, it too, shouldn't be an RJ incident. The records Flood puts out arrived, he shipped, some got damaged, some didn't, he still isn't done shipping them, said he would be soon, and hasn't replied to emails for those with damaged items, well because he may have more to send out. As for Asbestos being like SRC, are you out of your mind?! When has Asbestos still had records up for sale, to which people on this board buy, only to have them beat around the bush why it hasn't been sent, never responding to emails, and then canceling your order because another distro won't sell it to them to fill there excessive orders? C'mon people.

If your that quick to dismiss a record company for warped/damaged/sleeve damage (slight or major), bent corners (which people cry over on here and it HAPPENS A LOT) then more likely than not you will have no one to buy from in the near future. Shit happens. I'm sure Flood is working on taking care of the issues once the priority of sending the rest of the records out is finished. Why would he take on the task of emails, sending out records, updating inventory, and now issuing refunds/replacements all at once? This isn't Man vs. Food and he isn't trying to finish what's on his plate in specified time period. He's trying to make sure that everyone is taken care. If he's not, then you have every right to say fuck him and never buy from him again. No body has patience here. It will be taken care of if you just have patience. Flood is Asbestos and Asbestos is Flood. One person runs the show so be patient.

I'm not singling anyone out. I'm not trying to be a dick but this happens way to often on here. something happens and it's not taken care of immediately and people's world of record collecting becomes unbalanced, leading it to come crashing down instantaneously. I have been on the receiving end of damaged/warped items and amazingly/awesome items. I have always handled them the same by either complimenting them on a job well done or asking how we can correct the issue. Never have I had a record label/distro/band not follow through on fixing the issue. But I will say that the whole time I was working with the people trying to fix the problem I was patient.

Jesus, I just ranted away. My apologizes.

everyone needs to stop kissing flood's ass, seriously.

im sure flood is an awesome person and they are well known and respected on this forum, but if asbestos records was run by some unknown nobody that didnt frequent the boards, people would NOT have the same respect that they are giving flood.

if you look carefully at the majority of the "damaged sum41" posts, you'll see people are NOT hating/angry at flood/asbestos, they're just disappointed that their copies (like mine) arrived like complete shit. AGAIN, i must stress the "majority" of damaged sum 41 posts, not ALL.

If your that quick to dismiss a record company for warped/damaged/sleeve damage (slight or major), bent corners (which people cry over on here and it HAPPENS A LOT) then more likely than not you will have no one to buy from in the near future.

this is poor logic because asbestos and SRC are the only ones offering sum41 for sale meaning if they fuck up on orders, who do we turn to then?? and stop putting 100000000% of the blame on USPS, asbestos messed up too by not packing their initial shipment of records well. there's packing supplies like cardboard and bubblewrap for a reason. since asbestos was the only one shipping sum 41, they should have KNOWN to put more care into packing their limited run of the sum 41 records. if asbestos is on a tight budget, CHARGE MORE for shipping or raise the price of the vinyl itself. THAT way you have less warped vinyl, less unsatisfied customers. i bet asbestos is losing more money sending out replacement vinyl than if they had just packed records well in the first place.

Got my black copy yesterday and it's flawless. Maybe if you crybabies weren't such self-righteous, entitled pricks all the time, you wouldn't have received this karmic smackdown. If receiving a warped record is the worst thing to happen to you this month, then it's been a pretty good month. Perspective, motherfuckers.

Just kidding. Sorta. Seriously though, my copy is perfect, as is everything else I've ordered from Asbestos.

everyone needs to stop kissing flood's ass, seriously.

im sure flood is an awesome person and they are well known and respected on this forum, but if asbestos records was run by some unknown nobody that didnt frequent the boards, people would NOT have the same respect that they are giving flood.

if you look carefully at the majority of the "damaged sum41" posts, you'll see people are NOT hating/angry at flood/asbestos, they're just disappointed that their copies (like mine) arrived like complete shit. AGAIN, i must stress the "majority" of damaged sum 41 posts, not ALL.

[/font][/color]

this is poor logic because asbestos and SRC are the only ones offering sum41 for sale meaning if they fuck up on orders, who do we turn to then?? and stop putting 100000000% of the blame on USPS, asbestos messed up too by not packing their initial shipment of records well. there's packing supplies like cardboard and bubblewrap for a reason. since asbestos was the only one shipping sum 41, they should have KNOWN to put more care into packing their limited run of the sum 41 records. if asbestos is on a tight budget, CHARGE MORE for shipping or raise the price of the vinyl itself. THAT way you have less warped vinyl, less unsatisfied customers. i bet asbestos is losing more money sending out replacement vinyl than if they had just packed records well in the first place.

Ok, first your logic is extremely poor. More so than mine. Let's take a look at returning the "warped" lp. Who do you return it to? SRC or Asbestos. i never said you're not able to send it back either one or that Revhq or any other distros would take them back . All i said was he probably had more to ship out for that was said in one of his previous posts. Why take on the task of issuing replacements if not all the orders were shipped in the first place. Finish one step 100% then go to the next. I'm sure the next step is contacting individuals that want the replacements or refunds.

Second, blaming of the USPS. What have you or any others done to voice your concern with USPS? Still have not heard any one reaching out to their local branch and filing a complaint. I blame YOU for not bringing these issues to their desk. To me you are complaining and whining to people that have no control over a package that leaves their facility/home for yours. The pics provided show a "USPS Strong Man/Women" Competition with some of the packages. How the hell would an extra piece of cardboard have saved it from arriving "U" shaped? Anyone experiencing extreme heat too? Anyone? i guess it's just where i live that it's been in the upper 90's for almost three weeks straight. Extra bubble wrap or card board in a LP mailer would not have kept the heat from getting to the items. I mean if you paid a little extra maybe Flood or SRC could have thrown in some cold packs. Then I guess you could complain about water damage then.

Third, Asbestos' budget. I have no knowledge nor do i care what their budget is. If Flood puts out records and says he can deliver them by X day or X month then I expect it to happen. I understand there are set backs and missed dates but I believe he has expressed that it's just him doing the shipping, emails, account, inventory management, licensing, and so on and so forth. And how the hell would raising the price of shipping or charging more for the record keep the heat at bay or less warping. It's cardboard and plastic! It's not designed to lower temperatures in trucks/vans or packages!

I do not know Flood on personal level. I have never communicated directly with him, met him in person, or skype'd with him, or talked to him on any other message board. All I know is there are MANY factors that played into this and extra packaging of bubble wrap or a piece of card board would deter the heat wave across this country. If I am wrong about the bubble wrap and card board please let me know. Also, if any one has filed a complaint with the USPS I would like to here your story of what they said.

Second and final rant is done.

I don't think the warping has much to do with the heat, hence why the boxes look like theyve been run over.. My package also sat outside all day while i was at work in 92 degree heat with no warping, just sleeve damage that happened because of damage to the mailer and no protection for the LP.

Of course USPS is mainly to blame when so many packages show up looking like they were carried across the desert on horseback. Hell maybe a cardboard insert might have helped, maybe it wouldn't have. My main point is I got charged five bucks for shipping and got a $1 packing job. If I ever sold and packed a record like this on here I would for sure end up in terrible traders/sellers thread, so I really dont see why some of the responsibility shouldnt fall on Flood. People do tend to get very butthurt however when anybody raises issues or concerns with a distro or label that they like, even though it's completely valid. (to reiterate my earlier post: I'm not requesting a refund or replacement, I still love asbestos releases and will continue to buy from them)

I don't think he'd dodge it either, he knows they could have been packed better, which is why he is offering refunds/replacements. Good for him, problem solved. I'll still come on here and vent though, not only because I'm bored with the day off, but because that's what this freakin board is meant for.