JAPANDROIDS///CELEBRATIONROCK PO

just orderd this from screamingcds.com

ive never heard of the site, but it was $12 with free shipping. and apparently it was the last/only one in stock.

This album rules so hard. I'm seeing them this Friday and can't wait to buy the LP. Has anyone seen them on this tour yet? What's their merch situation like? Do they have all the 7-inches, LPs, etc.? Anyone know pricing?

When i saw them in Manchester they only had one t shirt for sale which was this http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/store/index.php?id=1550 and that cost £12. They had the No Single and Post Nothing records/cds for sale but don't recall how much they cost. Cannot remember if there was any 7 inches

This album rules so hard. I'm seeing them this Friday and can't wait to buy the LP. Has anyone seen them on this tour yet? What's their merch situation like? Do they have all the 7-inches, LPs, etc.? Anyone know pricing?

Saw them last Monday in Seattle. They had what appeared to be all their LPs, and they were $15 each. I only got the newest one - if you didn't see my posts, my copy was defective, which has apparently happened to a few people, but Polyvinyl is hooking me up with a non-defective copy. They also had shirts (obviously), and they may have had some 7-inches, but I don't exactly remember, so don't hold me to that.

I saw these guys last night in Chicago. The album is absolutely phenomenal and they sounded perfect live. Brian really needs himself a new guitar to cut out he tuning in between songs, but this band is pretty much perfect right now.

Just saw them in Cleveland last night, and I agree -- they sounded so good! The crowd was really digging it, too, to the point where I almost expected some stage diving, but no one ever got up the nerve to do it. I feel like Japandroids is a punk-rock band, though; they'd do just as well at the Fest than at the Pitchfork Festival.

Also, yes, Brian definitely needs to get a second guitar, or sequence the set better where all the songs in a different tuning are grouped together. He kept on killing his own momentum toward the end of the set.

Setlist-wise, they played all of the new album plus a good chunk of Post-Nothing and maybe one or two more. No encore, but they played for 75-80 minutes straight, and honestly, there weren't really any songs left when they ended with the Gun Club cover.

Also, merch-wise, they have all three LPs for $15 each, and the "House That Heaven Built" and "Heavenward Grand Prix" 7-inches for $5 each.

• 3 months later...

There is no black vinyl for this. Polyvinyl is pretty racist.

there is black vinyl. there was a small window of people who pre-ordered right when red sold out that got black. i believe the band said they wanted white vinyl so polyvinyl pressed white and has been keeping that in print currently.

i was ripping through all the lyrics last night, and i just kind of want to stand on the tallest rooftops and shout all of them.

hadnt realized how much emphasis there is on evil, darkness, heaven & hell.