'Xbox 720' might reject used games?!

Because PSN sucks, and Wii online is a joke. Plus, if you're not a moron, Xbox Live costs like $3/month. Hardly breaking the bank given what you receive.

Not true at all. I have both consoles and they're both basically the same. In fact, I bought MW3 on PS3 (have all other COD games on 360) and it was actually better on PSN. Match-making was faster, and nobody had mics. It was awesome.

Nobody having mics is a good thing? How online gaming has changed... ::)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true at all. I have both consoles and they're both basically the same. In fact, I bought MW3 on PS3 (have all other COD games on 360) and it was actually better on PSN. Match-making was faster, and nobody had mics. It was awesome.

this. i love it when i can call shit out and communicate in a game, especially fps type games.

im disappointed in a lot of team objective game modes, everyone plays for themselves, never have mics, doesnt grab the flag this and that...and one good thing is being able to mute the idiot. best thing xbl has done

yeah actually i know that few people have this problem with xbl but this is one of my pet peeves.

the feedback system....yeah i said it.

i pay a lot to xbox, have two 360's, an account for years, etc etc. they update, they have netflix, zune, hulu, all the bells and whistles. my beef is that some of the basics are never updated or improved upon. i think it would be really neat (and helpful) to have a more in depth feedback system. i can avoid someone and then play with them the next game, then the game after that. how many people have you ever seen without 5 gold stars. to an extent i think it would be neat to have a more in depth serious type of feedback system that people could utilize if they so desire. one that gives an accurate rating of members. i think to an extent that it would help clean up and moderate members almost ebay style. it would be tied to your gamertag which you have invested a lot of time and money to and would not want to mess it up. also it may help increase the communities' communication, the general vibe of players, and shit like that.

idk /stupid ass rant

I agree that the feedback and preferred/avoided players is a joke.

My biggest issue with XBL is party chat in multiplayer. Unless your entire team is in your party chat, it shouldn't be allowed. Really takes away from the experience, and as stated above, makes objective based games rather difficult.

I agree that the feedback and preferred/avoided players is a joke.

My biggest issue with XBL is party chat in multiplayer. Unless your entire team is in your party chat, it shouldn't be allowed. Really takes away from the experience, and as stated above, makes objective based games rather difficult.

I'm one of the culprits here. I'm almost always in party chat, sometimes with a full team, but often with one or two other players.

Frankly, I find the signal to noise ratio way off in team chat. The likelihood of finding a team player vs. someone spewing bile is pretty low so I stick with the safe route. Consequences be damned!

I remember playing COD4, everyone was super chatty and it was hilarious and awesome mostly, now, no one ever talks and its pretty lame.

yeah, cod4 is where i made a lot of xbl friends, haha. i played so much search and destroy.

i hate playing today...its 13yr olds with annoying voices, playing shitty music over the mic or using the one comback..."your mom". also while spraying .50 cal across map, trying to no scope you. games have changed....the players have changed.

not saying all players who play the new games are bogus, i still do play with all my cod4 friends.

yeah nothing imo every compares to the days/years of halo. never had a game had callouts for every map, yelling at my tv for hours on end, having so much fun with friends and enemies, making friends on xbl, being on the mlg forums and talking about the game nonstop. i mean no game had such a following imo, the tournaments were huge, the people awesome, the game balanced and fun, me at the edge of my seat in a 49-49 game.

at least for me nothing has compared to the days i played halo and only halo. the past year and half i rarely play with xbl friends, not so much out of choice just the ones i did no longer play or play different games. i mean i remember texting and calling people and us all getting on to play, chit chatting about bs stuff, life, school, work, tactics, etc. now i get on and maybe once a week/month play with someone on my friends list. :(

yeah nothing imo every compares to the days/years of halo. never had a game had callouts for every map, yelling at my tv for hours on end, having so much fun with friends and enemies, making friends on xbl, being on the mlg forums and talking about the game nonstop. i mean no game had such a following imo, the tournaments were huge, the people awesome, the game balanced and fun, me at the edge of my seat in a 49-49 game.

at least for me nothing has compared to the days i played halo and only halo. the past year and half i rarely play with xbl friends, not so much out of choice just the ones i did no longer play or play different games. i mean i remember texting and calling people and us all getting on to play, chit chatting about bs stuff, life, school, work, tactics, etc. now i get on and maybe once a week/month play with someone on my friends list. :(

Halo 2 is, and will probably always be, my all-time favorite game. It came out at such an opportune time. Was the only game I played for a solid couple of years.

I'm a lot busier now, but still try to make the most of what time I do have for Halo. I'll probably play once or twice a week now, and I enjoy the hell out of it, I just can't afford to give up my entire afternoon on it anymore ;D

Halo 2 is, and will probably always be, my all-time favorite game. It came out at such an opportune time. Was the only game I played for a solid couple of years.

I'm a lot busier now, but still try to make the most of what time I do have for Halo. I'll probably play once or twice a week now, and I enjoy the hell out of it, I just can't afford to give up my entire afternoon on it anymore ;D

its called no sleep...haha. i hear ya though, i still put in plenty of hours of gameplay, but not as much. bf3 online is just so good!

also...today all of the COD are just filled with hacks, wall hacks, auto aims, lag switches, come on kid just fuckin play the game...

this is from this months gameinformer

Pachter says that the rumors of no disc drive and no capability to play used games are "too stupid to be laughable"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/10/pachter-on-rumors-of-next-gen-consoles-locking-out-used-games-quot-not-happening-quot.aspx

Pachter says that the rumors of no disc drive and no capability to play used games are "too stupid to be laughable"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/10/pachter-on-rumors-of-next-gen-consoles-locking-out-used-games-quot-not-happening-quot.aspx

While I wouldn't argue with the article, I don't see how either rumor is "too stupid to be laughable". Honestly, neither one of them would surprise me one bit.

Those of you reminiscing about good gaming communities should give TF2 a shot on PC. I haven't played in a few months, but it definitely had the funniest, most easy going community, and friday/saturday nights tended to be exceptionally chatty. Plus about 90% of the people playing are terrible, so it's easy to jump into without experience.

Those of you reminiscing about good gaming communities should give TF2 a shot on PC. I haven't played in a few months, but it definitely had the funniest, most easy going community, and friday/saturday nights tended to be exceptionally chatty. Plus about 90% of the people playing are terrible, so it's easy to jump into without experience.

TF2 never gets old. I've been playing again recently on xbox then on PC. Good times... good times.

While I wouldn't argue with the article, I don't see how either rumor is "too stupid to be laughable". Honestly, neither one of them would surprise me one bit.

i dunno if you read the article, but i guess only reason why they would have a disc drive or keep used games, is to not give other consoles an advantage in any way.

its funny to think about...if there was only one gaming console, how much would it change, in this case, the only gaming console xbox, would get rid of disc drives all together...so now everything is DLC. no blu-ray player in the future, i dunno, just a thought, dont mind me.

the new xbox is gonna be $$$$$$$$

sorry if that made no sense