Hunger Games: Songs From District 12 and Beyond

anyone else planning on getting this? looks like it comes out 4/24:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hunger-Games-Soundtrack/dp/B007IYWXTM/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1333984010&sr=8-14

I have the CD, and think it's a pretty legit album. Decemberists, Arcade Fire, Neko Case, Civil Wars, Glen Hansard... and yes, even the Taylor Swift songs are pretty good. Maroon 5's contribution was also really surprising, and not typical for them at all. The only song I don't like is Kid Cudi's. it doesn't fit with the rest of the album.

here's the full track listing:

"Abraham's Daughter" - Arcade Fire

"Tomorrow Will Be Kinder" - The Secret Sisters

"Nothing to Remember" - Neko Case

"Safe & Sound" - Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars

"The Ruler and the Killer" - Kid Cudi

"Dark Days" - Punch Brothers

"One Engine" - The Decemberists

"Daughter's Lament" - Carolina Chocolate Drops

"Kingdom Come" - The Civil Wars

"Take the Heartland" - Glen Hansard

"Come Away to the Water" - Maroon 5 featuring Rozzi Crane

"Run Daddy Run" - Miranda Lambert featuring Pistol Annies

"Rules" - Jayme Dee

"Eyes Open" - Taylor Swift

"Lover Is Childlike" - The Low Anthem

"Just a Game" - Birdy

I spoke to Travis a few backs about this and he mentioned that Hot Topics will be getting this.

I'd rather just get it at the store since Amazon sucks at shipping records.

And yes...the Taylor Swift songs are great!

Amazon has been pretty hit or miss on shipping for me.

Sometime they ship 1 LP in a giant box with no padding, and them sometimes they put them in those super cool LP mailers, THEN put it in a giant box (which seems like a total waste).

I wish they would just release a Safe and Sound 7". I don't really care for too much on the soundtrack except for that song.
I like Eyes Open better...

wow, didn't realize it was OK to like Taylor Swift around these parts. I thought for sure I was going to get roasted for this one ;-)

I'm not a fan of hers, but that's ok. There are shittier bands, in my opinion, with multiple page threads on VC. Everyone should like what the hell they like and know that if other people disagree, frack 'em.

BTW, this has probably already been said a million times, but if you like Hunger Games you gotta see Battle Royale which is where this idea was lifted from.

you gotta see Battle Royale which is where this idea was lifted from.

I love Battle Royale, number 2 not so much.

Hunger Games isn't a rip off of BR according to this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-hunger-games-is-not-battle-royale-despite-many-similarities-2012-4

I found this pretty interesting,

"When I asked Collins if she had drawn from “Battle Royale,” she was unperturbed. “I had never heard of that book or that author until my book was turned in. At that point, it was mentioned to me, and I asked my editor if I should read it. He said: ‘No, I don’t want that world in your head. Just continue with what you’re doing.’ ” She has yet to read the book or to see the movie."

this soundtrack is pretty good.

also, the only people i know who compare hunger games to battle royale are people who haven't actually read the book(s), because they're not really alike at all. it's like saying if you like BTVS you'll love twilight, because they're both about a human who falls in love with a vampire.