want your opinions on my recent experience.

tell him its for shipping and handling....handling means bringing it to the post office, filling out paper work, boxing it up....id say you earned that 5 bucks..

Shit like that just leads to negative feedback. I usually charge 75¢ to $1 for handling. If someone charged me $5 over what they actually paid, I would politely ask for $4 back.

idk, when i buy something and it clearly says "shipping 4 dollars" i expect to pay 4 whether it costs the guy 2 or 8. if the shipping sticker said 19 dollars and he only charged me 11.50, i wouldnt be messaging him to offer him 7.50. either way a deal is a deal, the guy agreed to 11.50, he should have to pay it. just my opinion on the matter.

I always charge international buyers an extra dollar just for having to fill out that fucking green form.

Agree. It's obnoxious and the people behind me in line at the PO clearly hate me

I take about 20 delivery confirmation slips and 5 customs slips home with me every time I go to the PO.

It's not a hard concept to grasp, tell them you haven't shipped international before, give am over estimate with a pre cursor of I will refund any extra minus $1 for handling. Communication and not being a cunt are key points here.

Remember, as a seller you want return customers yes? How do you do that? By not being a dick, the buyer shouldn't have even had to ask for a refund.

It's not a hard concept to grasp, tell them you haven't shipped international before, give am over estimate with a pre cursor of I will refund any extra minus $1 for handling. Communication and not being a cunt are key points here.

Remember, as a seller you want return customers yes? How do you do that? By not being a dick, the buyer shouldn't have even had to ask for a refund.

I wasnt being a dick. Its not like i was purposely trying to pocket a whole extra 4.90. As soon as he messaged me i apologized and sent him the difference...although i was tempted not to because his first message to me was the following...

"why in the motherfuck did you charge me 11.50 shipping when it only cost you fuckin 6.60 to ship to me??? I expect the difference paypal'd to me within 24 hours or ill file a claim Thanx for screwing me."

So yeah while looking back i should have specified that i didnt know how much it would cost me but for fucks sake is it really that necassary to go that apeshit over 4.90?

But thanks for your input. I will wholeheartedly try my darndest not to be a cunt :o

So you didn't realise when you paid $6.50 that it was less than the estimate you gave him? You should have paypal'd the difference before he even got the record. You were trying to be a dick, and the message he sent makes him an even bigger dick.

I must be getting old, these inane threads are making me seem like a parent or counsellor.

So you didn't realise when you paid $6.50 that it was less than the estimate you gave him? You should have paypal'd the difference before he even got the record. You were trying to be a dick, and the message he sent makes him an even bigger dick.

I must be getting old, these inane threads are making me seem like a parent or counsellor.

Basically, this thread shouldn't have been made. Dude should have responded to the guys angry e-mail with something along the lines of "I'm very sorry somebody shit in your cereal today, I just refunded the difference via PayPal. I didn't think the postage was going to be that much cheaper than what I charged you, so my apologies. Thanks for your purchase. Have a swell day and a pleasant tomorrow." Boom, problem solved.

I gave the dude my shipping price before he even bid on it and he AGREED.It shouldnt have warranted that message he sent me. I had no problem giving him the difference but he shouldnt have agreed to the price and then send me that.

Anyways i guess we both are old dicks and cunts so oh well. I think ill survive

The way I see it is, the cost of shipping also includes the cost of your packing materials and time (ie - handling). Also, as buyers on eBay, we are already factoring the shipping cost into what will pay for a record. If I am willing to spend $40 on XXX record and shipping is $5, my max bid is $35. I am not going to go bitch at the seller when it cost him less than $5 to ship it.

You agreed to pay the posted price + shipping, so deal with it.

I wasnt being a dick. Its not like i was purposely trying to pocket a whole extra 4.90. As soon as he messaged me i apologized and sent him the difference...although i was tempted not to because his first message to me was the following...

"why in the motherfuck did you charge me 11.50 shipping when it only cost you fuckin 6.60 to ship to me??? I expect the difference paypal'd to me within 24 hours or ill file a claim Thanx for screwing me."

So yeah while looking back i should have specified that i didnt know how much it would cost me but for fucks sake is it really that necassary to go that apeshit over 4.90?

But thanks for your input. I will wholeheartedly try my darndest not to be a cunt :o

Holy cow what a loser

The way I see it is, the cost of shipping also includes the cost of your packing materials and time (ie - handling). Also, as buyers on eBay, we are already factoring the shipping cost into what will pay for a record. If I am willing to spend $40 on XXX record and shipping is $5, my max bid is $35. I am not going to go bitch at the seller when it cost him less than $5 to ship it.

You agreed to pay the posted price + shipping, so deal with it.

EXACTLY! personally, i would have told that dude to fuck himself for a response like that.

I wouldn't have refunded that fucker. Being polite makes a lot of difference when dealing with people. I would never have any problem refunding some shipping, unless it's just a buck or something. But if they came at me like that, cursing at me etc. I purposely would go out of my way not to refund him. Dickheads piss me off

It sucks that instead of him politely asking for the shipping back, he flipped out and demanded it. At the same time, that's a huge difference and I almost think you should refund it without him even asking. Charging for 'handling' when you're the person wanting to get rid of the record, is stupid.

People always post 'ppd' prices within the US, but when you want it shipped to Canada, the ask for the 'ppd' price plus the cost of shipping here. They don't take into account the few bucks for shipping they had in their 'ppd' price.

Saying all that, basically everything I've bought from people on here has been almost exact shipping prices and everyone has been really cool about shipping to Canada.

I always refund any extra difference before they get the item so they are already happy before they receive anything. Also if you ever ship internationally again on ebay I would recommend using registered mail. Not to Canada, but off the continent, because I've lost my money and my record twice. The buyer may not like the price but it's the cheapest way to send while covering your ass.