PO: Motion City Soundtrack "Go"

http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/view/?id=3342&cid=19

Got bored and found this is still in stock. I know it was out of stock for a while and a few people have been looking for it on selling/trading forums.

People are looking for this album? I've played it once since I got it and now it's just collecting dust. Some people complain when bands evolve their sound, this is one band that needs to evolve it desperately.

People are looking for this album? I've played it once since I got it and now it's just collecting dust. Some people complain when bands evolve their sound, this is one band that needs to evolve it desperately.

Look it was a polarizing album and they wanted to do something different. Is it their best album...I don't think so...but someone may love the fuck out of it. I actually enjoy it and like that they wanted to do something new. Regardless there are plenty of fans of the album plus collectors  that may want it. It has been out of stock for a while and I noticed it was back. If you really don't like it that's fine and I encourage you to trade or sell it to someone seeking the album. I like when a band has a lot of albums that sound different but thats just me. I doubt their next album will sound like GO and they will continue to evolve as a band. When a band trys new stuff they are bound to amaze and disappoint fans but what matters is they continue as a band and enjoy what they do. The songs translate rather well live. 

I worked security for them couple months back and it seemed that newer/younger fans enjoy it the most. As for me requesting to work stage security to rekindle my love of being 16 was severely disappointed. But as I stated earlier in this thread.....I despised Dinosaur Life and haven't been able to stand them since it debuted :P

I did however love meeting them after the show, rad dudes!

No I love MCS that's the thing, but Go sounds like its a collection of B-Sides from all there other albums. I'd love for them to try something different, but Go sounded recycled. Their Making Moves 7" on the other hand is great and I hope they keep going in that direction.

To be fair that is not far off. The next album won't sound the same most likely but the album is filled with a lot of unfinished songs the band had never been able to truly finish. They had tried to put on albums. Songs that dated back as far as Commit This To Memory. In an interview Justin stated he wanted this album to not be just about himself. He wanted an album that fans could relate to. Not just drugs and alcohol. It is likely future albums will follow the same poppy vein they have shown recently but future material will probably be more fresh. 

You are right about their Making Moves 7". That was great. I would love a darker direction by the band but at the same time I want songs that can fit seamlessly into their live-set and they enjoy the play/write. It will be interesting to see where they go from here. I understand the dislike of Go by some as it was truly different because of the nature the band wanted to take it but at the same time I am glad the band is still around.

I am rarely disappointed by bands and try and understand the direction bands take. Despite saying that 2012 did have the biggest disappointment in music for me in a long time.

i don't think i'll ever like their new material as much as i did with the first two albums. one of my favorite things about this band was pierre's lyrics but they've changed drastically since he overcame all of his problems. with that said, i just can't relate to the things he writes about anymore. in fact, i find most of the lyrics on MDL and Go rather lame and random.

i loved songs like "everyone will die," "happy anniversary," and "bottom feeder" though. even his material in Farewell Continental has been really awesome. 

Guess I am the only one on these forums that enjoyed their last album. It was not my favorite of theirs but I thought it was well done and cool they did something different. I had liked My Dinosaur Life but was let down that they did not push any progression started with EIIKM. W/E though since their next album will probably sound different. 

• 2 months later...