Question

No, I refuse to buy into the fact that someone can't do this:

http://bit.ly/IQx8kk

And instead they flaunt their ignorance on a message board. Reversed groove records are nothing new.

Do what billions of others have done before and use a search engine to find your answer before making a thread. Or go old school and learn from your mistakes.

I'm just saying that Google didn't exist when I got my first record like that. I thought this place was a resource for people with questions about records. I guess it's not.

And you did the what I suggested in my last point. Some of the questions that are brought up make me question how these people function on a day to day basis. Like they are lying down in their bed and they have to grab their laptop from their night stand and make a thread to figure out which side of the bed to get off of (I prefer at the foot). Have some balls/ovaries and make a decision for yourself.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally speaking not all n00b threads lately have been met with sarcastic remarks and Shaq gifs, however the OP's question did smell of troll. Generally speaking it wasn't a question of a comparison of pre-amps or speakers, it was a question about a record that plays backward in which these answers honestly were merited

Put the needle in the middle of the grooves and watch the direction it travels. That should answer your question for you.
Records don't get messed up if you place the needle on an inner ring.
use your deduction skills, Sherlock

Y'all are a bunch of dicks.

May you rot in your basements as you cling to your superiority complexes due to your record playing prowess.

You throw this

Pro-Ject Speed Box II > Pro-ject RPM 1.3 Genie w/ Ortofon 2M Black and Tizo Acryl Acrylic Platter > Pro-Ject Tube Box II SE > Firestone Audio Little Country III Tube Headphone Amp/Preamp > Jolida JD 202BRC > Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 6 and 9.

in your signature and expect us to believe that you can't figure out how to play a reversed groove record. Dawg, you be trollin'.

Y'all are a bunch of dicks.

May you rot in your basements as you cling to your superiority complexes due to your record playing prowess.

You throw this

Pro-Ject Speed Box II > Pro-ject RPM 1.3 Genie w/ Ortofon 2M Black and Tizo Acryl Acrylic Platter > Pro-Ject Tube Box II SE > Firestone Audio Little Country III Tube Headphone Amp/Preamp > Jolida JD 202BRC > Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 6 and 9.

in your signature and expect us to believe that you can't figure out how to play a reversed groove record. Dawg, you be trollin'.

this

You throw this

this

I figured it out just fine. I just wanted to make sure that I had figured it out correctly before I put the needle down and fucked something up.

And I don't troll. Mostly because I have better things to do than sit in my basement feeling about how much better I am than that dumbass who had the nerve to ask a question about how to play a non-standard record, but other reasons too. I'm not a self-righteous dick being pretty high on that list of reasons.

this

I figured it out just fine. I just wanted to make sure that I had figured it out correctly before I put the needle down and fucked something up.

And I don't troll. Mostly because I have better things to do than sit in my basement feeling about how much better I am than that dumbass who had the nerve to ask a question about how to play a non-standard record, but other reasons too. I'm not a self-righteous dick being pretty high on that list of reasons.

Isn't saying you aren't a self-righteous dick actually being a self-righteous dick. And you also claim to be above trolls but then get upset at me for claiming to be above a n00b.

What a bunch of assholes this place has turned into.

Everyone starts somewhere. I remember wondering what was up when I got a record that played inside out for the first time. Or how about that first record with a locked groove? That was frustrating - I swore the record was messed up. There were no message boards to ask or complain on.

Cut the guy some slack.

No, I refuse to buy into the fact that someone can't do this:

http://bit.ly/IQx8kk

And instead they flaunt their ignorance on a message board. Reversed groove records are nothing new.

Do what billions of others have done before and use a search engine to find your answer before making a thread. Or go old school and learn from your mistakes.

I come here for interesting discussions. Some discussions arise from questions. You've gotta stop deriding everyone who asks a question. It's petty and annoying. Don't like a thread, why are you wasting time on it?

ok, so there will always be assholes on this board, or people with smart ass remarks (trolls seem to love this place), but the part that really bugs me is a few people actually helped this guy and instead of turning around and thanking them he says were all a bunch of dicks and he hopes we rot in our basements? what? you got your answer, at least be thankful for it.

Don't like a thread, why are you wasting time on it?

- Same can be asked to you. Did you answer his question?

I don't have an answer as I've never heard of such a record, so the thread is interesting to me. By the way, you called me a troll when I asked a question you didn't approve of, either. Then you went and actually made a thread about how much you don't like me. Who's the real troll?

Don't like a thread, why are you wasting time on it?

- Same can be asked to you. Did you answer his question?

I don't have an answer as I've never heard of such a record, so the thread is interesting to me. By the way, you called me a troll when I asked a question you didn't approve of, either. Then you went and actually made a thread about how much you don't like me. Who's the real troll?

You have to be more specific. You make way too many ignorant threads for me to keep track of.