Green Day-Dookie LP HotTopic exclusive green vinyl

I guess Dookie is still pressed because my local record store has them new, anyone know pressing info/color of that one?

If you're talking about the ones you see in your local store, it's most likely the 2009 reissues all of these people are talking about. They're all on black vinyl. As far as pressing numbers go, it's enough for it to not matter. Those are still EVERYWHERE.

• 2 weeks later...
is this from the same master that came out 3 years ago?

Good question. Horrible sounding master. All of the 2009 reissues were terribly compressed and sound duller than CDs. I had all of the reissues, but the original for International Superhits. I noticed that I didn't like the reissues and thought that strange because I loved these albums since they came out. I compared the sound quality of Innternationl Superhits to the reissued albums and the difference was night and day. Please beware of the poorly named "because sound matters" records.

So do this over the 180g?

No insert with any German pressing.

do you have a reference for this statement?

I ask because I have an original copy from '94 that is black and has Ernie from Sesame Street on the back, and based on what I read at http://greendaydiscography.com/dookie.html i believe it to be the European pressing (assuming this is the German one you speak of?) and it DOES have the lyrics insert. The SKU is 9362-45529-1, which matches what they have listed for "Dookie (LP EU)".

I don't know if this website is sanctioned by the band or what but it does seem to be quite complete and i've no real reason to question its accuracy.

so basically i'm asking where you heard this because if the pressing i have is not the one they've got listed, i'm curious to find out its origins. I've always assumed it was the German one mentioned on that site.

for those not familiar, def check it out - www.greendaydiscography.com. lotta cool info on there.

travis, are you going to bring back the ernie puppet?

ernie won't be back.

from wikipedia:

The back cover on early prints of the album featured a plush toy of Ernie from Sesame Street, which was airbrushed out of later prints for fear of litigation; however, Canadian prints still feature Ernie still intact on the back cover.[3] Some rumors suggest that it was removed because it led parents to think that Dookie was a child's lullaby album or that the creators of Sesame Street had sued Green Day.[2]

sources from the article:

[2] "Ultimate Albums: Green Day's "Dookie"". 1994. VH1.

[3] "Green Day". Behind the Music. 2001. VH1.

hmm... this makes me wonder if perhaps my copy is from Canada instead, if what PineapplePizza says about the German copies lacking an insert is true...

also not sure anyone cares but i am extremely excited that i just scored an original pressing of 39 smooth with the ORIGINAL Lookout Records address in Laytonville CA on discogs for $38 (usually goes for way more on the bay). the dude is the original owner and believes he's even got an original green day flyer for a gilman street show he's going to include if he can find it. will pretty much make my year.