Mansions - New Best Friends

I had no idea that this album was on vinyl....

but here it is...

[image]

Once again, wave hello to our longtime friend and fellow Louisvillian, Christopher Browder. Mr. Mansions himself is back with a twelve-song 12" debut, exclusively (and ever so kindly) licensed from our pals at Doghouse Records. Hand-assembled and packaged in the Sophomore Laboratory (with alternate artwork by Giving Up's Mikie Poland), this wax snack comes stuffed with a special-edition color poster and CD insert (w/ interview + unreleased recording of The Worst Part). Limitied to 250 copies.

$16.00

$3.00 Shipping

http://www.thisismansions.com/

albums is so much better then dig up the dead

idk maybe its just me?

I personally dig/dug his older stuff

I agree with you, I started listening to him shortly after Mansions (The OG album) was released so it was weird for me when New Best Friends came out and they were different versions of the songs for the most part. I'm bummed that neither She Said or Tangerine made it onto NBF though. Two of his best songs IMO.

tl;dr:

Old fan likes older music better. New music still great.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this at his show in Akron last night. I wasn't going to but I overheard him saying to the person in front of me that he just picked up the last 10 or 15 so I just had to get it. It's so fucking good, wow. Not sure if I can choose between this or "Dig Up The Dead" though.

I did pick up the CD of "Dig Up The Dead" though and had him sign it. He's seriously one of the nicest guys I've ever met and he played an amazing set. The two new songs he played were unbelievable.

Also, my copy of this has the most obscene seam split ever. Luckily I just need to buy a replacement blank black jacket.

^^^ quickly ordered this after my above mentioned spotify listening, my seams are split to shit as well.

i'm currently agonizing over going to his show Sunday. i have very little $$$ and i start classes Monday so i don't wanna be out all night....

i should probably go, right?

Also, my copy of this has the most obscene seam split ever. Luckily I just need to buy a replacement blank black jacket.

^^^ quickly ordered this after my above mentioned spotify listening, my seams are split to shit as well.

i'm currently agonizing over going to his show Sunday. i have very little $$$ and i start classes Monday so i don't wanna be out all night....

do it. always a great show.

First day of classes you aren't doing anything anyway. Passing out syllabi and whatnot.

Yes.

• 9 months later...

I got this today and I was really disappointed with the fact that it came on a black sleeve, and the "poster" it comes with is doubles as the album art. Has anybody else ever gotten an album other than this one that did/does that? I was also under the impression this came with a CD, with the way they worded it in the ad.