Thrice - Vheissu 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

Yea I feel bad for the international folks who want the HT exclusives cause they obviously cant buy them in stores and then have to pay an insane shipping price thats twice as much as the record itself. Honestly, I wouldnt do it either if that were me.

Im going to bring up the issue to some people who may be able to help fix this.

Im going to bring up the international shipping issue again to the powers that be and see if we can get something worked out with that. I agree its pretty ridiculous. Not sure if/when I'll have a solution but Im going to see if they can get that fixed.

That would be awesome man, I was hoping to get copies of this and box car racer when it comes out, but the shipping costs are just daft like you say!

Im going to bring up the international shipping issue again to the powers that be and see if we can get something worked out with that. I agree its pretty ridiculous. Not sure if/when I'll have a solution but Im going to see if they can get that fixed.

Guys/Travis

I've bought vinyl from Hot Topic online before and have been shocked by the international shipping cost. It cost me $40+ for two $17 vinyl (that’s with the cheapest option and it takes two weeks to get to me). It's ridiculous.

Since I buy a lot of vinyl from Hot Topic/eBay/soundstagedirect/Elusive Disc etc, I opted to get a US postal address, which costs $60 to $80 per year depending on service level you choose. It now costs me around $4 or $5 (media mail) for postage within the US, which is great if I buy more than one album and spread the cost, or get free delivery within the US. My US postal address then re-packs and sends them to me at a cost of $6 $7 per lb (roughly per vinyl). And I have it here within 2-3 days using DHL International courier.

Do the maths. It’s a massive cost saver.

To make it cheaper still, I’ve gone thirds this year with my vinyl-buying friends. We bring in roughly 70lb of vinyl per month (we don’t flip vinyl – too old for that shit. That’s a young man's game). It cost us about $90 each (with insurance).

There are pitfalls. Eg When Thrice – Vheissu went on sale we ordered more than one copy and got bumped (even though we ordered within the first minute it went on sale). Same goes for places that have a limit of one vinyl per customer. Hope this helps international buyers.

Guys/Travis

I've bought vinyl from Hot Topic online before and have been shocked by the international shipping cost. It cost me $40+ for two $17 vinyl (that’s with the cheapest option and it takes two weeks to get to me). It's ridiculous.

Since I buy a lot of vinyl from Hot Topic/eBay/soundstagedirect/Elusive Disc etc, I opted to get a US postal address, which costs $60 to $80 per year depending on service level you choose. It now costs me around $4 or $5 (media mail) for postage within the US, which is great if I buy more than one album and spread the cost, or get free delivery within the US. My US postal address then re-packs and sends them to me at a cost of $6 $7 per lb (roughly per vinyl). And I have it here within 2-3 days using DHL International courier.

To make it cheaper still, I’ve gone thirds this year with my vinyl-buying friends. We bring in roughly 70lb of vinyl per month (we don’t flip vinyl – too old for that shit. That’s a young man's game). It cost us about $90 each (with insurance).

There are pitfalls. Eg When Thrice – Vheissu went on sale we ordered more than one copy and got bumped (even though we ordered within the first minute it went on sale). Same goes for places that have a limit of one vinyl per customer. Hope this helps international buyers.

"I opted to get a US postal address, which costs $60 to $80 per year depending on service level you choose."

Could you explain this further?

"I opted to get a US postal address, which costs $60 to $80 per year depending on service level you choose."

Could you explain this further?

Sure.

There are a few different companies out there. Each one offers a different level of services. So do your research (I'm not going to state mine, you will figure it out when you check them out).

Mine for example has varies plans.

The cheapest option - which just redirects everything that arrives for me to my overseas address (this can be expensive if you buy a lot of items). By paying an extra $10-20 a year.

They hold my packages for up to one month (so that I can I can stock pile and have one shipment per month). They can hold longer if you want.

Every time a package arrives for me, I'm notification within the day by email.

They re-pack my items to cut down postage weight. etc (very important - can save you a lot of month per month).

Different shipping platforms.

Control of what get posted when. Hold one item ship the rest. (great flex-ability).

Same goes for UK/Germany postal address (European purchases).

I use my postal address for vinyl only. My wife on the other hand...... :)

Guys/Travis

Wow, this is a great idea and I can imagine that it saves you a lot of money.

I was just considering this for me, but I think I won't save that much money because of German customs.