New VC Feature: Sell/Trade Feedback System

We are working on some new features for VC including ones that will help with selling and trading amongst each other! The first feature was added yesterday. It is a Sell/Trade Feedback System! Now you can leave feedback that is either positive, neutral or negative following a trade or sale transaction with another VC user. We feel this is a way more beneficial tool for the community vs. a Karma type system in the sense that it will encourage a useful way of rating people on VC.

How To Use Trader Feedback

1.) Find and click the users profile

2.) Select "Leave Feedback" (Right beside the Private Message button)

3.) Fill out the fields:

Feedback%20demo.JPG

Note: you must link to the thread where you initiated the trade or transaction. These can include a WTB, FS, FT thread or anything along those lines.

Viewing User Feedback

Beforetrading with a user you will now be able to view their Feedback by visiting their profile and clicking their "Sell / Trade Feedback" Tab.

You can also view a complete updated list of all current Sell/Trade Feedback by visiting the "Sell/Trade Feedback" tab on the top of the site.

Let us know what you think and if you have any questions!

Perhaps just make a thread saying you completed the deal, and have them respond saying it went well and reference that so you can leave feedback.

Ha, yeah that's what I actually thought of doing so I don't know why I even asked. Thanks dude.

Edit - Or maybe I can list a bunch of deals in one thread so I can give and receive feedback for those past trades/sales. Would that be cool Jenna?

Perhaps just make a thread saying you completed the deal, and have them respond saying it went well and reference that so you can leave feedback.

Ha, yeah that's what I actually thought of doing so I don't know why I even asked. Thanks dude.

Edit - Or maybe I can list a bunch of deals in one thread so I can give and receive feedback for those past trades/sales. Would that be cool Jenna?

I think you could just list everything positive in the Awesome Buyers/Sellers thread. Its guaranteed to be there and people browse through it occasionally so no one would have to search for it. Throw all recent ones in a post or two.

Great thing, I did manage to screw up and put a positve where it should have been a negative. Is there a delete or modify feedback option?

There is but I have to turn on the option. Expect a PM today when it's ready.

I think i am wrong. As of right now only an admin can edit a feedback comment left by users. I am looking into getting this coded but as of right now you will probably just want to PM an admin and they can correct your feedback. Sorry.

What if people flip records that you trade/sell/go out of your way to buy for them?

Not being a "flipper sympathizer" but if they still didn't screw you in a trade/sale, they shouldn't get negative or neutral feedback. What they decided to do with a record after the fact has nothing to do with the transaction in my opinion.

Not being a "flipper sympathizer" but if they still didn't screw you in a trade/sale, they shouldn't get negative or neutral feedback. What they decided to do with a record after the fact has nothing to do with the transaction in my opinion.

Agreed. If I was to receive a record through a sell/trade on here and the transaction was a positive one then positive feedback should be left. Upon receiving the record, if someone is offering me 2 or more times what I paid and I'm not attached to that record or willing to part with it for any reason I don't see how that should effect my feedback with the individual who sold/traded with me. I have no control over someone wanting to pay X amount of money for said record, let alone any record. Just my thoughts on it.

Also, LOVE this new feedback system. This will help me make better decisions on who and who not to trade.buy from.

Yeah, I guess there's a difference between flipping and being offered money for something. But what if the original buyer were to offer some of the profit to the original seller? The person that sold the $10 record for $45 could have offered me $17.50.

If you find a person that honest let me know. I'll be here waiting....... patiently.