Paper + Plastick Fourth of July Sale

They shipped via media mail. When we fill an order and package it, we mark it as "shipped" in the backend of our webstore so it gets out of the list of orders that need to be filled and into the list of orders that have been completed. We don't drive each package to the post office one by one as they are put into their boxes. On Thursday and Friday we packaged a shit ton of orders - spending our time packing records instead of driving to the post office - and mailed them all on Monday.

This is how most every independent label operates. A shipping notification is a courtesy to let you know that your order is on its way. Whether it spends an extra day in the warehouse or not before it ships is dependent on how many orders we have to take to the post office and how busy we are. I don't think it's shady, dishonest or unethical - mainly because the same thing happens to me whenever I order from any independent label.

Actually, we just ran our warehouse on a tight fucking schedule to get stuff mailed out. I know its crazy, but you can actually have the mail man stop by your warehouse and pick up your packages. I know, it blew our mind too when we found out. We also didnt tell people it shipped when it hadnt. Im cool with it taking a few days, just dont tell me it shipped and then four days later actually ship it. Lying to customers isnt so cool. Put what else is to be expected from a label that lies to its artists too?

no we didn't - probably was an oversight. email [email protected] and tell them what you didn't get.

I didn't email, but I did send a message through the box in the contact section on the website. I left my order number and other info there too. Will that be good enough or should I email too?

UPDATE: Emailed too. I just hope nothing that we ordered sold out. I was just looking, and I don't think any of it did, so that's good.

Coupon's working now! I'm in for:

Make Do and Mend - End Measured Mile NEW THIRD PRESS - Magma red x 1 @ $12.00

Riverboat Gamblers "Smash/Grab" One sided 12 inch w/ Screenprinted b-side - Black x 1 @ $12.00

Make Do And Mend "Part And Parcel" EP/CD x 1 @ $2.00

The Gamits - "Parts" CD x 1 @ $2.00

Break Anchor - Blackhearts & Blackouts 7" - Seafoam Green with White x 1 @ $5.00

Subtotal: $33.00

Shipping: $8.40

Discount: -$21.98

Total: $19.42 USD

It definitely does not cost $8.40 to ship two LPs, a 7-inch and two CDs, but whatever. Cheap records.

Got my package this morning. It was missing the Riverboat Gamblers record I ordered, the Gamits CD appears to be taken from someone's personal collection as it is seriously worn down, and the box has a postmark of $2.89, when I was charged $8.40 for shipping.

Thanks for everything, Paper + Plastick. Never change.

Got my package this morning. It was missing the Riverboat Gamblers record I ordered, the Gamits CD appears to be taken from someone's personal collection as it is seriously worn down, and the box has a postmark of $2.89, when I was charged $8.40 for shipping.

Thanks for everything, Paper + Plastick. Never change.

They charge so much shipping cause they know they will mess it up and have to send another package out later to you.

I didnt realize that sales meant you got to dick around your customer base. Yeah it is really cool that they had the sale and I am glad I got to take advantage of it, but that doesnt give them the ok to overcharge on shipping, fuck up 40% of the orders and lie to their customers. Sorry, I will know next time that I should never expect a business to be honest if they are having sales. Ripping off your customers is so punx.