Paper + Plastick Fourth of July Sale

I didnt realize that sales meant you got to dick around your customer base. Yeah it is really cool that they had the sale and I am glad I got to take advantage of it, but that doesnt give them the ok to overcharge on shipping, fuck up 40% of the orders and lie to their customers. Sorry, I will know next time that I should never expect a business to be honest if they are having sales. Ripping off your customers is so punx.

You see what they're charging for shipping before submitting your order so if you didn't agree with the price, you shouldn't have ordered. Also, I don't think you can say they "fucked up 40% of the orders" based on the few that were mentioned in this thread. It's just mind boggling to me that so much pissing and moaning is going on over shit that was sold well below half the retail price.

think about it - most people that get their order normally and everything is fine wouldn't post in the thread. posting "got my records today, super happy :)" is a bit of a rarity on the internet. people like to talk about bad things

I sent another message to the website with an update. Also, that email backfired that I sent. Is this the right email address?

definitely the right address.

think about it - most people that get their order normally and everything is fine wouldn't post in the thread. posting "got my records today, super happy :)" is a bit of a rarity on the internet. people like to talk about bad things

people post things like that here all the time. just not in this thread because it rarely happens with P+P. of course every label/distro/store has their detractors, but i've heard far more horror stories than positive ones when it comes to P+P.

people post things like that here all the time. just not in this thread because it rarely happens with P+P. of course every label/distro/store has their detractors, but i've heard far more horror stories than positive ones when it comes to P+P.

I mean, we fill hundreds of orders every month. When we have a big preorder, way more. Of the fraction that are messed up, I don't see the other 90% of the kids posting on here haha. I'm just saying. I understand that we have our issues, but we're trying to streamline the process (we're moving to a new location within the next month or so), so hopefully things will get better sooner rather than later.

I mean, we fill hundreds of orders every month. When we have a big preorder, way more. Of the fraction that are messed up, I don't see the other 90% of the kids posting on here haha. I'm just saying. I understand that we have our issues, but we're trying to streamline the process (we're moving to a new location within the next month or so), so hopefully things will get better sooner rather than later.

So a moving sale happening soon?

Well still thanks for the sale. Most people appreciate it I am sure.

this was essentially the moving sale haha. it very much did its job.

Am I the only one who, whenever I see 'haha' in text, read it as a quick, nervous laugh? Almost Speed Racer dialogue? I know LOL isn't cool anymore, but there's gotta be a better way.

Welp, back to watching the top 50 country videos of the '90s.

Got my package today. Shipping was $2.89 and charged $6. Ordered Hellmouth - Gravestone Skylines on White with streaks but it's just a regular white. Also ordered both Break Anchor 7's and neither are close to the color description on the website. More annoyed with the shipping charge and the misleading of the Hellmouth. Probably wouldn't order from again.

It's more directed to the thread as a whole.

Charging $6 for the s/h isn't that bad. Factor in the actual $2.89, gas, packaging materials etc etc and it ends up being a $2 overcharge. Pretty damn good if you ask me considering the items were marked down 66.6%. Oh well, people are still gonna piss and moan so I don't know why I bother. Half the people here would have crapped their pants doing mail order in the 90s.

I know, how dare we say how the stuff we got isnt everything we ordered, brand new as was claimed, the right records, or that we were charged way more than needed for shipping. Its all shipping on the website, not shipping AND HANDLING. You keep saying that its ok though cause everything was more than half off. What if you only got a 7" though? We should obviously just shut up and take it and not warn others about them at all.

To be fair to everyone I think a lot of people including me have had bad experiences with Paper and Plastick in the past. Their last sale they promoted $4 LP's and people added like 3-5 LP's to their cart and getting charged $10+ dollars and they also have a bad pre-order history as well. Who could forget that Rust Belt Lights LP that took over a year to come out and the last 6 months had to do with "missing jackets" and the Make Do And Mend pre-order where they switched distros mid pre-order and a bunch of people NEVER got their records. Anyone who has the Dave Hause screened Resolutions LP knows about the Calvin in the back pissing on their logo. So no, not everyone is upset about a $4-6 shipping overcharge when you consider their history. Its just slightly gimmicky to overcharge for shipping when it doesn't apply the full discount of a sale. Why not then just charge an appropriate percentage and shipping? Just be honest.

To P+P's credit since Thomas started working for their the communication is MILES better than when they first started. He responds to e-mails (he's responded to mine promptly whenever I send them) and now there is someone from P+P on this board as opposed to the past when they definitely avoided this board. He's obviously here if you have questions. So yeah maybe P+P is moving in the right direction, but there are people here that won't cut as much slack for a slightly gimmicky (although still very generous) sale when they have a bad taste in their mouths from previous experiences.