Paper + Plastick Fourth of July Sale

It's more directed to the thread as a whole.

Charging $6 for the s/h isn't that bad. Factor in the actual $2.89, gas, packaging materials etc etc and it ends up being a $2 overcharge. Pretty damn good if you ask me considering the items were marked down 66.6%. Oh well, people are still gonna piss and moan so I don't know why I bother. Half the people here would have crapped their pants doing mail order in the 90s.

P+P isn't some kid's bedroom label. They are a full-fledged business -- I'm sure they pay taxes, and I'm sure they also write off all their business expenses such as gas, packing materials, etc. -- I mean, shit, I am a bedroom label, and I write that shit off.

It's just another example in years and years' worth of P+P not getting things right. Ask any number of their bands about the struggles they've dealt with in getting their music released and/or getting the actual vinyl records it's supposed to be pressed on. Farewell Continental, Rust Belt Lights, Junior Battles, Dave Hause, Bomb The Music Industry!, the Swellers -- all of these bands have had legitimate gripes with how P+P conducted business regarding their releases.

I don't care how much you mark down your records -- it doesn't give you the right to grossly overinflate your shipping charges. That's just a dishonest way of doing things. How would you like it if every time you scored a record on the cheap on eBay, the seller said, "Well, since you got a good deal, I'm going to charge you $7 for shipping instead of $4. I mean, you're still saving money on the record, so what's the problem?"

Got my package today. Shipping was $2.89 and charged $6. Ordered Hellmouth - Gravestone Skylines on White with streaks but it's just a regular white. Also ordered both Break Anchor 7's and neither are close to the color description on the website. More annoyed with the shipping charge and the misleading of the Hellmouth. Probably wouldn't order from again.

Honestly the store probably should only say white - I'm not sure if there are any white with streaks left. As for the Break Anchor I don't know what you mean? There are two variations, both green and white, one has more green and one has more white. What do you mean the descriptions aren't as advertised?

This sale was worth it for me. Still havent received my package and its rainy so hopefully it's not sitting in the rain.

The only speck order I see was placed on the 4th but it's for two Anthony Raneri records. We sent a bunch of those records back but it's a quick turnaround and they're due to arrive back to us very soon. Shipping as soon as it's back in stock.

I know, how dare we say how the stuff we got isnt everything we ordered, brand new as was claimed, the right records, or that we were charged way more than needed for shipping. Its all shipping on the website, not shipping AND HANDLING. You keep saying that its ok though cause everything was more than half off. What if you only got a 7" though? We should obviously just shut up and take it and not warn others about them at all.

If you only got a 7" you probably paid like $5 total and got it shipped on July 5.

Honestly the store probably should only say white - I'm not sure if there are any white with streaks left. As for the Break Anchor I don't know what you mean? There are two variations, both green and white, one has more green and one has more white. What do you mean the descriptions aren't as advertised?

Thomas, I miss spoke on the colors not being anywhere close to what was on the website. What I meant was that the description gave me a totally different idea as to what the colors would look like. I was rushed on the post due to my kid screaming at me. The 7's look and sound great. It is what it is.

I know, how dare we say how the stuff we got isnt everything we ordered, brand new as was claimed, the right records, or that we were charged way more than needed for shipping. Its all shipping on the website, not shipping AND HANDLING. You keep saying that its ok though cause everything was more than half off. What if you only got a 7" though? We should obviously just shut up and take it and not warn others about them at all.

I mentioned it before. You see the shipping price before submitting your order. If you did not agree with it, you should not have placed the order.

It's just another example in years and years' worth of P+P not getting things right.

If you know of years and years of problems with them, why even order from them?

Just got my order in. I am overall very satisfied, especially with the price. Two of the records I received weren't the colors I ordered. The Dopamines split came in as Grey/Light Blue Haze instead of Light Blue with Grey Dusting (no big deal, can't beat that price) and the Greenland is Melting split came in as a splatter instead of khaki (this is a plus, because that is what I wanted but I resulted to ordering khaki since it was out of stock). The Have Nots and Stephen Egerton LPs came in as requested. I wish they were packed a little better, but there was no harm done to any of the records.

Just to order the Have Nots album alone would have cost more than I paid (I was going to buy it anyway) on any other day so props to P+P for the great sale!

Well I just got my order in, and I'm not sure if I'm more stoked or irritated. Don't get me wrong, I still think this was an awesome sale, but it's the fact that they packed my order with tons and tons of shredded paper that annoyed the shit out of me. It was also kind of creepy to find a dead grasshopper attached to my box, but I doubt that's on Paper and Plastick.

There was an issue regarding my order though, instead of receiving a copy of both Landmines albums, I received two copies of the self titled record. Like others, also no Greenland is Melting 7".

I'm not upset about the record mixup, it was a big order and it was bound to happen, I emailed about the issue.

Got my package this morning. It was missing the Riverboat Gamblers record I ordered, the Gamits CD appears to be taken from someone's personal collection as it is seriously worn down, and the box has a postmark of $2.89, when I was charged $8.40 for shipping.

Thanks for everything, Paper + Plastick. Never change.

I got my replacement package in the mail today and inside it was the Gamits CD (which is in much, much better condition than the thrashed one that I originally received, so thank you for that) and the Riverboat Gamblers record—but JUST the record. No LP jacket or anything. I don't even know how a record gets packaged without its jacket, but here we are.

I'm convinced Paper + Plastick are trolling me now.

On the plus side, postage for this package was $2.47, so it looks like I still have $3.04 in credit left after being grossly overcharged on shipping the first time around. Maybe they can use those last few bucks to send me an LP jacket.