THRICE ANNOUNCE ANTHOLOGY 4LP set

I can't say that I am. I get the impression you may be? - my post was directed at the ambiguous audience of "lolthrice" contributors. Not you or anyone in particular. I'm sorry you've become irate or offended.

I do find it amusing that there's always a group of people who roll their eyes any time a Thrice thread surfaces. And, granted, there are quite a few... but for as much "love" as the band gets here at VC, there are an overwhelming amount of sourpusses who jump at the opportunity to clutter threads relating to the band, or comment on an inflated number of threads pertaining to them. I do think it's ironic that that audience is absent in threads from the aforementioned bands. Except for Brand New. Everyone loses their marbles over Brand New, and everyone else knows it.

I mean, I think everyone is joking around, hence the "lol"s. no one is legitimately bothered by the presence of this thread. But, some amount of noise is to be expected, this is a band a lot of people liked when they were 14 and a lot of people don't care to see if there's more to them than that (myself included! I liked the Frodus cover on The Alchemy Index though I guess!) Don't worry, there are plenty of people who still make fun of Brand New on this board.

I have to say that every time you pull this condescending bullshit:

I can't say that I am. I get the impression you may be? [...] I'm sorry you've become irate or offended.

It makes me feel so

jttfb.gif

I guess that's where the confusion lies on my end. I know that Brand New threads typically end up resulting in train-wrecks: redundant questions, speculation, reposts, and drivel. I usually stay out of them, but if I do find myself skimming the topic and shaking my head... I see no real purpose or benefit from chipping in with "lol brand new threads". This could just be me. It's quite possible that I'm incapable of "having fun" on message boards. I don't really know. What I do know is that there are zero posts of substance on this page so far, unfortunately. And while that's certainly not the end of the world, it does deter myself [and probably a few others] from checking in to see if anything substantial has been posted. But whatever.

Regarding the Jerry.gif; my apology was actually sincere. Like I said - I wasn't singling you out. My post was highlighting Thrice's flack in comparison to a few other bands. Which is why I tried to avoid quoting anyone in particular. If you presumed there was a personal grudge or jab on my end, you are mistaken. My post - this whole thing, actually - is nothing to be upset about. And I'm sorry if that's what's come to pass on your end. I haven't had much heart for the whole "condescending bullshit" thing as of late. If that was portrayed somehow, I take fault. But, again; it's pretty whatever at this point.

How about we leave this thread alone until someone actually has information on the release? Y'all wanna bitch at each other? Do it in a PM. I'm so sick of clicking on threads that are "hot" only to see that its a bunch of idiots talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the thread topic. It's ruining this forum. :unsure: