Wedding Presents?

money.

Yep. Minimum of a $100 for a wedding.

My wife and I have a scheme, if I received the invite from the groom, I go cash. If she received the invite from the bride, she can buy a gift. My (over-generalized) thinking is that most dudes want the loot, most ladies are more receptive to the sentimental aspect of the gift. That said, we typically end up going cash unless we know the couple well enough to buy a really thoughtful gift.

I don't think they registered anywhere. The wedding is a few states over from me so I don't really know. Money probably would be the best option, but a sex swing has that personal touch. "I was thinking about you, and I thought you could use this swing to aid in penetrating your wife". But, I could always draw word bubbles on the money to add a personal touch.

seriously though, just give money. toaster ovens and a pretty china set are nice, but bullshit. Do you really need a bread maker and a panini maker and a george foreman? no. If I ever get married, can you all guess how my wedding will play out? haha

sure there are some useful things on the registry but those are basically for the couples who don't know how to tell their friends they just want the moolah.

you could just do what my friend did

gather money from 2 of your buddies that you flew to california with for a wedding, and say youll go buy a joint gift. and then never do it...

I agree with cash as the best, but my personal favorite wedding gift (besides the cash) was a selection of meats from Omaha Steak Company. They were mailed frozen to my house and it was great. Also, a picture frame with artsy photos that look like letters to spell out the couples last name works.

The best sentimental gift that I like to give (again, other than cash) is a selection of 3 wines... one that will be best after 1 year, one best after 5 years and one best after 10 years. Get help picking them out from a friend or store you trust and then write a note saying what's what. They are meant to be kept until those respective anniversaries. This really only works if they are fans of wine, but I've gotten many complements when used.

They were mailed frozen to my house and it was great. Also, a picture frame with artsy photos that look like letters to spell out the couples last name works.

you've got my creative juices amped up right now