MAN ADVICE

what do you gents do to blow off steam? i am just in the worst fucking mood the past couple days and i do not like myself much because of it. the usual loud music/video games where i kill things/being mean to people on the internet/etc aren't working.

When that happens to me and the usual outlets dont work I go out with my friends and get blind drunk, something is bound to happen that will make me smile, and things will turn around. That or just sleep for days.

what do you gents do to blow off steam? i am just in the worst fucking mood the past couple days and i do not like myself much because of it. the usual loud music/video games where i kill things/being mean to people on the internet/etc aren't working.

i get stoned. or drunk with a bunch of friends like woe said.

usually take time to be alone and just kind of let my own thoughts run out.

or draw something like this to get all the noise out of my head

2042bc6c085111e2890222000a1cbaf5_7.jpg

manic cleaning is what i usually do. clean shit that doesn't really need to be cleaned, organize LP's, rearrange a room..

amazing how much your surroundings affect/reflect your state of mind. sometimes getting regaining control or slightly altering your surroundings can calm you down a lot.

this is coming from a dude who just rearranged his living room, painted the bathroom, and deep cleaned the kitchen to rid myself of passive aggressiveness. not sure if this habit is a good habit or not- goes either way i guess

I literally CANNOT emphasize how good exercise is for stress management/blowing off steam. Not only does it take your mind off of the anger but exercise has a positive effect on you physiologically due to the chemicals it releases. Also, you're redirecting the energy to something that is beneficial and you will look and feel better.

tonight, my friend presented the idea of a yelp style website for sexual encounters.

i hate it so much. it's just one of the douchiest things i have ever heard.

So my girlfriend is afraid of getting attached. I dont know what to do. What do I do? I can tell she has commitment issues, but I know for a fact that Im different from every other dude shes dated and Im the best person for her. This isnt just my opinion, shes told me herself. But I can tell its bothering her and its causing problems in our relationship. She just over thinks things a lot. But I still dont know what to do. Help please.

first off, how long have you guys been dating?

second, be patient (depending on your answer to the first question). I don't think attachment is something that can be forced (not saying that's what you're trying to do), but she'll get attached to you eventually, especially if you're different/better than other guys she's dated. is she afraid because people have hurt her in the past?

first off, how long have you guys been dating?

second, be patient (depending on your answer to the first question). I don't think attachment is something that can be forced (not saying that's what you're trying to do), but she'll get attached to you eventually, especially if you're different/better than other guys she's dated. is she afraid because people have hurt her in the past?

I dont know what they have done, but she speaks negatively about them whenever they come up. We've been officially together since September, but were talking for a long time before that. She told me shes afraid to get attached and shes basically forcing herself not to. Im patient and have no problem being patient, I just dont want her to force herself not to so that when she feels like she is, she winds up breaking up with me because shes scared. 

Broke up with my girlfriend of 2.5 years because we were both unhappy, and I didn't feel "in love" with her anymore. I feel like shit because she's had a pretty traumatic year and I need to be there for her, but I just can't be that person anymore. Last night was pretty bad since it was her birthday and she was texting me all night, basically telling me what a piece of shit that I was. I'll admit that I was selfish, but we had been having problems for a long time and I just felt that it couldn't be fixed anymore. I'm not really sure what kind of advice I'm looking for, but I just thought I'd share something in here since I need someone to tell.

Broke up with my girlfriend of 2.5 years because we were both unhappy, and I didn't feel "in love" with her anymore. I feel like shit because she's had a pretty traumatic year and I need to be there for her, but I just can't be that person anymore. Last night was pretty bad since it was her birthday and she was texting me all night, basically telling me what a piece of shit that I was. I'll admit that I was selfish, but we had been having problems for a long time and I just felt that it couldn't be fixed anymore. I'm not really sure what kind of advice I'm looking for, but I just thought I'd share something in here since I need someone to tell.

you can't end it after that long because you're not "in love" anymore. this is what my ex did to me multiple times, and it's just the worst. the passion of love comes and goes in waves, and while that feeling of "i can't live without them" isn't always there, the love still is.

maybe that's not the case here, but it is more times than not.

you can't end it after that long because you're not "in love" anymore. this is what my ex did to me multiple times, and it's just the worst. the passion of love comes and goes in waves, and while that feeling of "i can't live without them" isn't always there, the love still is.

maybe that's not the case here, but it is more times than not.

It wasn't just a one time occurrence of not feeling how I used to. We had been in pretty bad shape since April. The day before she totaled her car then, we got in a huge fight because she told me how she used to cheat on her ex all the time. We just kept fighting, and her family got involved, and didn't get resolved until her dad died in June. It was fine for about a month until her mom started shit with me and my family, and it's been terrible ever since. I just couldn't handle all of the stress that she was putting on me. I was beginning to dread the weekends because that was the only time I got to see her because of school and whatnot. It wasn't a healthy relationship and I didn't see it getting any better