MAN ADVICE

Girl saw that my ex had posted on my facebook and flipped the fuck out. Have kinda been seeing both of them because I'm a piece of shit. She's going to send my ex screenshots of our conversations, nudes, etc., so I'm pretty much fucked there. Pretty sure my ex is going to kill herself because she's been doing pretty bad lately in the mental health category. Just waiting for this to unfold now. Fuck.

Girl saw that my ex had posted on my facebook and flipped the fuck out. Have kinda been seeing both of them because I'm a piece of shit. She's going to send my ex screenshots of our conversations, nudes, etc., so I'm pretty much fucked there. Pretty sure my ex is going to kill herself because she's been doing pretty bad lately in the mental health category. Just waiting for this to unfold now. Fuck.

Step 1: Make bed. Step 2: Sleep in it. 

Hope your ex handles it better than you expect. Good luck with that situation as a whole. 

Holy shit. There might not be a way out of this.

Now when you say 'nudes'.....we talking you or her?

Talking of me haha.

But yeah, I fucked up pretty good on this one. Apparently my ex went to my house looking for me, and I'm at my apartment now. Her sister is with her so I know she's safe tonight. She said she never wants to see me again, and that I should die. The usual stuff you should expect. I deserve all the hate I get for it though. I think everything will end up being ok for all parties, but it's just shitty right now.

EDIT: And oh, I told my ex about this other girl before she had a chance to. I don't know if that will make it better or worse.

Was technically not dating either of these girls, so there was a bit of gray area involved. It was still shitty what I did, and I regret it because I lost 2 good friends of mine over it. This is the second time I've crushed my ex with this girl though, so I feel extremely shitty about that. I just need to move on from both and not talk to girls for a while

Anyone ever use okcupid? Made one for shits and gigs. Cant wait to see how this turns out.....

i would say go for it, but through experimentation i solidified that most women on that site are pretty shallow and won't even bother responding to even a kind gesture or question if you aren't remotely attractive.

The only bad thing about it was that I was like... close to crying in my beer but didn't.  Everything reminded me of her.  Like, my buddy has a tattoo of a 45 adapter, and she has a similar tattoo on her back and it reminded me of her.  Shit's stupid.  Hopefully it'll get easier but it still sucks pretty hard right now. 

The only bad thing about it was that I was like... close to crying in my beer but didn't.  Everything reminded me of her.  Like, my buddy has a tattoo of a 45 adapter, and she has a similar tattoo on her back and it reminded me of her.  Shit's stupid.  Hopefully it'll get easier but it still sucks pretty hard right now. 

Unfortunately, I think time is the only thing that's really gonna help in the long run. I'm not sure what kind of creative outlets you have but maybe try focusing some of your energy on creating something? Something that you can focus on for an extended period of time that can leave you with a positive result at the end of the process. Either way, I'm sure it won't be easy but good luck with everything. 

Anyone ever use okcupid? Made one for shits and gigs. Cant wait to see how this turns out.....

I had an account for a handful of months.  I'm one of those types of people that doesn't like to ignore anyone so I spoke to some weird dudes on there.  I met up with one guy who I found out knew one of my guy friends in high school, so I thought 'it can't be THAT bad...'

It was that bad. After that encounter I was shitty and stopped talking to him. =\  I actually deleted my account shortly after that, haha.

Nothing came of it for me.  Except I was shooting Yellowcard at The Stone Pony one night & this guy recognized me from my profile and started asking me if I wanted drinks, etc, because he was "buddies with the bartenders" anddd... yeah, awkward.

I'm too self concious to actually try to establish something on those grounds for some reason.

I have thought before that I should start a dating service that forces you to go on dates or quit. Something like you pay me a $100 deposit, I find people who are a match for you (mostly just physically on the same level but maybe based on some high level attributes like religious vs. non-religious). 

You have to go on 5 dates and then you get your deposit back. After the 5, you are free to do another 5, quit, continue seeing one of the dates, etc.

But essentially it forces you to put yourself out there (or at least, gives strong financial motivation to do so). Million dollar idea?

I have thought before that I should start a dating service that forces you to go on dates or quit. Something like you pay me a $100 deposit, I find people who are a match for you (mostly just physically on the same level but maybe based on some high level attributes like religious vs. non-religious). 

You have to go on 5 dates and then you get your deposit back. After the 5, you are free to do another 5, quit, continue seeing one of the dates, etc.

But essentially it forces you to put yourself out there (or at least, gives strong financial motivation to do so). Million dollar idea?

Not if you give back the $100  ;)

this new girl at work has been on over 30 internet dates (she guesses, could be more). I have no idea how she keeps going. She’s had some weird shit happen to her. But her biggest complain is that all the guys she meets only want a friends-with-benefits thing.

there's a service around here called mass-match. sounds similar to what you're suggesting. from what i've heard on the radio, it's run by a woman who hand-picks matches for people.

this new girl at work has been on over 30 internet dates (she guesses, could be more). I have no idea how she keeps going. She’s had some weird shit happen to her. But her biggest complain is that all the guys she meets only want a friends-with-benefits thing.

One of my interns once told me she had a friend who went on OKCupid dates just for free meals. No interest in any of the guys she was meeting, just wanted them to pay for shit. People like that are the worst..

why is 30 always 'that age'. I have a couple girlfriends who are 28 and 29 and they dread turning 30.

maybe I'll understand when I get there.

I don't necessarily think it's "the age" but in today's society that's the number where most people want to get settled in life. I mean, the world is your oyster when you're in your 20's; more job opportunities, more time to travel, more time to be completely self involved. It's much different than the previous generations where people wanted to be married with kids and settled by the time they're 25. You can't turn back the hands of time and a lot of people regret wasting their youth trying to find love. Live for yourself, love will find you. Then again, maybe I'm a dreamer because I believe in fate and destiny.