MAN ADVICE

a lot of the time we (the one getting the raw end of the dea) do nothing wrong. people just get tired of people. dont make the mistake of thinking its something you did and spend hours going over your motions thinking you slipped somewhere along the way.

bullshit out of nowhere is an easy way out. its quitting and giving up.

you keep going man.

I havent been completely open about everything that has gone on. I was in a long distance relationship with this girl. Shes from my town but family moved to AZ. I needed out of NJ badly. So I decided why not go to school in AZ. Itll make the relationship so much easier and gets me out of NJ. Plus I have family there. I am supposed to be moving in 2 months. I know once I was out there nothing could possibly go wrong. This girl and I are so compatible its scary. Once again everything was fine until a few weeks ago. But she was freaked out thinking that once school ended I would be gone and that she would fall too in love with me that she couldnt handle me being far again. And its grown into much more bullshit than it ever should. Now I dont know what to do. I dont know if I should move because I know I wont be able to get my mind off her. Even if shes blocked on all the social networks like she is. Shes just so fucking crazy I dont understand why I put up with it. 

Now Im also at the point where I dont even know how to approach women or any of that shit. Ive been like that for a few years. I didnt approach this girl, she approached me. And everything just meshed so well it just happened. Im also afraid Im going to fall into old bad habits, basically fucking anything I can just to kill loneliness and time. 

I havent been completely open about everything that has gone on. I was in a long distance relationship with this girl. Shes from my town but family moved to AZ. I needed out of NJ badly. So I decided why not go to school in AZ. Itll make the relationship so much easier and gets me out of NJ. Plus I have family there. I am supposed to be moving in 2 months. I know once I was out there nothing could possibly go wrong. This girl and I are so compatible its scary. Once again everything was fine until a few weeks ago. But she was freaked out thinking that once school ended I would be gone and that she would fall too in love with me that she couldnt handle me being far again. And its grown into much more bullshit than it ever should. Now I dont know what to do. I dont know if I should move because I know I wont be able to get my mind off her. Even if shes blocked on all the social networks like she is. Shes just so fucking crazy I dont understand why I put up with it.

It's simple -- do you want to be in NJ or AZ? If you want out of NJ, go to AZ. Don't think too much about it. I'd venture to say it's probably a great thing to move to a new city post-breakup. You FORCE yourself to make new friends. You have new places to see. You make an online profile and say "I'm new to this town and looking to meet some new people". As long as your head isn't at "I was really only going for her and now I don't even have that reason" then go.

There's something not congruent about the way you describe your relationship, though. People don't break up because they are too perfect for each other. When you find something that great, you move to be with them and build your life around it. So straight talk -- either you are overstating how great you two were for each other (there are TONS of people who say this and 6 months later go, "I wonder why I was even with that person". The younger you are, the more likely this is to be the case and you are pretty young). Or the other case is that she is legitimately "fucking crazy" like you said and you should just move on. It's a bummer. But don't get codependent on her craziness and trying to fix her. You gotta walk away from crazy, not spend the next 50 years with it. You'll ruin your life.

Now Im also at the point where I dont even know how to approach women or any of that shit. Ive been like that for a few years. I didnt approach this girl, she approached me. And everything just meshed so well it just happened. Im also afraid Im going to fall into old bad habits, basically fucking anything I can just to kill loneliness and time. 

There's nothing wrong with going on a post-breakup tear. Don't be malicious and hurt girls, but use a few to rebound and don't promise them anything more. It'll help you get over the breakup. You'll feel in control of your life, rather than just taking whatever shit gets dealt to you. You'll rebuild confidence.

Then you'll find the right girl, probably when you least expect to.

It's simple -- do you want to be in NJ or AZ? If you want out of NJ, go to AZ. Don't think too much about it. I'd venture to say it's probably a great thing to move to a new city post-breakup. You FORCE yourself to make new friends. You have new places to see. You make an online profile and say "I'm new to this town and looking to meet some new people". As long as your head isn't at "I was really only going for her and now I don't even have that reason" then go.

There's something not congruent about the way you describe your relationship, though. People don't break up because they are too perfect for each other. When you find something that great, you move to be with them and build your life around it. So straight talk -- either you are overstating how great you two were for each other (there are TONS of people who say this and 6 months later go, "I wonder why I was even with that person". The younger you are, the more likely this is to be the case and you are pretty young). Or the other case is that she is legitimately "fucking crazy" like you said and you should just move on. It's a bummer. But don't get codependent on her craziness and trying to fix her. You gotta walk away from crazy, not spend the next 50 years with it. You'll ruin your life.

There's nothing wrong with going on a post-breakup tear. Don't be malicious and hurt girls, but use a few to rebound and don't promise them anything more. It'll help you get over the breakup. You'll feel in control of your life, rather than just taking whatever shit gets dealt to you. You'll rebuild confidence.

Then you'll find the right girl, probably when you least expect to.

Im serious when I say how great we were. There was only two times we would argue or fight in the year we've been together. And it was when she was acting crazy and I posted it twice in here. She even said last night that shes probably just too immature. Shes legit crazy. She sent me one of the most intense texts Ive ever gotten describing her feelings about me and how she cant wait for me to be out there to spoil me and be together and all of this shit. Two days later she goes out with a friend she hasnt seen in awhile, and suddenly cant handle a relationship. 

In other news, I sent a message to my ex apologizing how shit ended between us and things I may have said about her. She then carrys on the conversation.......Im going to fuck her again. 

Not fighting isn't a way to determine if a relationship is a good one. One or both might not be being themselves and conforming to what the other person wants. Completely normal and good to fight once in a while. Just not too often or violently or anything. But it's your relationship. Not trying to say I know better than you. Just talking about general trends that could possibly relate.

Good luck on the rebound.

Not fighting isn't a way to determine if a relationship is a good one. One or both might not be being themselves and conforming to what the other person wants. Completely normal and good to fight once in a while. Just not too often or violently or anything. But it's your relationship. Not trying to say I know better than you. Just talking about general trends that could possibly relate.

Are you seriously 26? It sounds like you've lived the life of an 80 year old man.

Wait so Matt you've had another long distance girl the whole time you've been seeing the crazy girl? I can't follow these storylines anyone, someone help

Are you seriously 26? It sounds like you've lived the life of an 80 year old man.

When I was a noob I thought TBL was in his 60's. we all probably thought this at first. he has helpful insight for every matter. Knows stuff old people know. Etc. turns out he's just educated. Like with actual degrees I think.

When I was a noob I thought TBL was in his 60's. we all probably thought this at first. he has helpful insight for every matter. Knows stuff old people know. Etc. turns out he's just educated. Like with actual degrees I think.

Even though some of us don't post our problems, his advice is worth it's weight in gold. Just wanted to say thanks from us lurkers.

Im also afraid Im going to fall into old bad habits, basically fucking anything I can just to kill loneliness and time. 

In other news, I sent a message to my ex apologizing how shit ended between us and things I may have said about her. She then carrys on the conversation.......Im going to fuck her again. 

And you think your girl is mixed up?

Matt -- sorry if I missed this -- was this your first really serious relationship?  Because those are never supposed to work out.  Like, ever.  Best of luck bro

no.

Wait so Matt you've had another long distance girl the whole time you've been seeing the crazy girl? I can't follow these storylines anyone, someone help

noooo. the crazy girl was the long distance girl haha. I didnt know if I shared that before, I guess I did. 

No we were both ourselves. No one conformed in the slightest. Which is what I loved about her. She was herself. She didnt try to do what girls do and become what they think their boyfriends want. I say we never fought because we were just that compatible. We respected one another so much that we avoided situations that would normally lead to fights or arguments with most couples. Honestly it was the most perfect relationship when she was around and not being crazy. Im not exaggerating or being delusional when I say that things were perfect. They really were. And even though Im still young, Ive had relationships and experiences to know when something was right and felt real. Some people just find that at a younger age while some dont. 

And you think your girl is mixed up?

Yeah Im well aware Im falling into old habits. I cant fucking moap about her when shes across the country. What the fuck else am I supposed to do? Im straight edge so I dont get fucked up like the average person after a break up. Yeah Ill regret these decisions later, but who knows. I dont want to sit here thinking about her and the fact Im moving soon and not going to have her in my life. 

It's called sport fucking and at 21 you should be doing a lot of it instead of forcing a relationship that just isn't working anymore. But then again, I'm not straightedge.

I wasnt forcing anything. Nothing was ever forced. Thats what was so great about it. It was so fucking easy and laid back. Until she'd act crazy. 

I wasnt forcing anything. Nothing was ever forced. Thats what was so great about it. It was so fucking easy and laid back. Until she'd act crazy. 

That's what you keep saying, "was".  See what I'm gettin at?

Sport fucking

I can't take credit for that one. Tyler Durden

I'm annoyed you keep calling her crazy. If she has a problem, that doesn't make her crazy.

If she was the one, I doubt you'd always be calling her that.

Well deal with it. My relationship, my experiences. She calls herself crazy. She knows she is. Ill call her crazy because thats how she acted. Overall as a person, I dont think she is. But she acts it and when she does, she really does.