MAN ADVICE

Back in college my best friend slept with my longterm girlfriend and they started dating. He eventually went back to the girl he was with when they cheated on me and her, and he married his first gf. I was invited to the wedding while my ex girlfriend was not invited and she was genuinely upset and didnt understand why she wasnt.

One of my ex's got married a couple years back, and she was pissed that I didn't show up.  I mean really come on..  Then, she continued to text me and want to see me and shit.  That was a weird time.

sounds like she's in a healthy marriage huh

before she moved out to boston with him, we still hung out regularly. still while they were dating. now we just haven't seen each other in over a year, so i wanted to hang out since i'll be in the area today.

wasn't anticipating going to her place, but at least i get to see "our" cat!

before she moved out to boston with him, we still hung out regularly. still while they were dating. now we just haven't seen each other in over a year, so i wanted to hang out since i'll be in the area today.

still

Why the hell would you do that?

I imagine he's not trying to get between them. I understand why he wouldnt want to see the dude, its just fucking awkward. When my ex I dated for almost 4 years talks about her current boyfriend (essentially the guy who broke us up) I feel super fucking awkward. Point is a free haircut is a free haircut. Gotta do what you gotta do these days.

My ex use to cut my hair when we were together. After we broke up I didn't want to see her or talk to her. She would occasionally ask me from time to time if I wanted a haircut, I just refused and got it done at an actual barber instead. I'd rather just spend the $20 and not have to worry about opening up that pile of problems again.

sounds like she's in a healthy marriage huh

Yeah, real healthy.  That was our downfall; she was just real weird relationship wise.  I don't even know if we actually officially dated.  We met in college and we both were seeing people at one point or the other so the timing was never really right for us. Eventually, mine fell through and she began to open up a little more about her relationship.  He was abusive (physically and emotionally and how she wanted to be with me.  We continued to talk (it was a new semester so we didn't see each other anymore, but continued to talk on the phone) and I saw her at the mall and she was wearing an engagement ring.  I texted her congrats or some shit and she told me she didn't want to tell me. I can't remember the whole conversation it was some time ago.

We stopped talking for a while, and I was working midnights at the night and she would stop by before I would leave to go to work to talk to me(at this time or engagement was off).  She kept asking if I wanted to be with her, since this was only a couple months after her engagement was over and that her ex would stop and see her and I told her that I didn't think I could be in a relationship with her right now.  She said that was fine this kept going on for a while, we fooled around a couple times and then we got in a huge fight, because she called off her engagement off for me and I won't date her. I told her I'm done with this and we said are farewells.  Fast forward a year and I get a message from her on myspace saying she was getting married and invited.  i told her congrats and all that.  He kept talking here and there and after her wedding she got real mad at me for not being at her wedding and communication stopped.  Sometime later a couple or months or so she moved back up here and started talking to me again. At first it was just friendly talk then she started sending the nudez(she was still married and her husband was at boot camp). I told her I was happy where I am at in my life and she really shouldn't be doing crap like this.  She got mad like usual and stopped talking to me.  I have a feeling I will be getting an email from her soon, because she works in cycles.

Sorry, I typed all that crap. I'm trying to be a little more open and not such a hatefull ass.

At first it was just friendly talk then she started sending the nudez(she was still married and her husband was at boot camp). I told her I was happy where I am at in my life and she really shouldn't be doing crap like this.

I do not like girls who do that.

but yeah, for real. reading this thread over the past year has really made me realize that a lot of women are crazy. yeah there are those guys who are just plain dicks but most times they just don’t understand what they did wrong. It seems like more and more girls like to play vindictive games... mess around with emotions and whatnot. it’s scary. I didn’t know so many of my kind were like that.

One of my ex's got married a couple years back, and she was pissed that I didn't show up. I mean really come on.. Then, she continued to text me and want to see me and shit. That was a weird time.

Was in a similar situation. Girl got pissed that I didnt go to her wedding when essentially she chose this guy over me. Continued to hang out and be friends for awhile until she had the nerve to tell me that I was the love of her life and asking if I would be there if her marriage didnt work out. Ended up saying goodbye in not so nice words and havent seen/talked to her in over a year. Despite my feelings for her, Im not gonna wait around as someones plan B. Was pretty fucked up she even took the conversation there if you ask me.

Was in a similar situation. Girl got pissed that I didnt go to her wedding when essentially she chose this guy over me. Continued to hang out and be friends for awhile until she had the nerve to tell me that I was the love of her life and asking if I would be there if her marriage didnt work out. Ended up saying goodbye in not so nice words and havent seen/talked to her in over a year. Despite my feelings for her, Im not gonna wait around as someones plan B. Was pretty fucked up she even took the conversation there if you ask me.

9P1XBYF.gif

Fuck that man, just because youre walking out of my life doesnt mean you get the fucking cat. Its your choice to leave and end, not mine. That is how I would think if I shared with a pet with someone

What a fucking retard. Youre the love of her life yet shes choosing this dude over you to take her hand in marriage? Is she a fucking moron? Yea, just let me sit on the backburner miserable wasting my life away wishing I was the one with you while you have a life with someone else and know that Ill have you IF it doesnt work....It absolutely was fucked up she took the convo there.

I know girls who hurry up and marry just because they want to be married so incredibly bad. Even if they're with the wrong person. Marriage is a very scary thing to me.

I know girls who hurry up and marry just because they want to be married so incredibly bad. Even if they're with the wrong person. Marriage is a very scary thing to me.

I was with my friend today getting a necklace for his girlfriend for her birthday and caught myself thinking about it. Fuck thats a crazy thing. Like its just insane to me knowing Im at an age now where my peers are going it and within the next 10 years most of my peers/friends will have done it. Just the whole idea and realization that Im an adult and real life hit me. Got me thinking about "what if I ask a girl and she says no?" Like what the fuck do you do? Is your relationship over? All over a question? Or do you both come to the understanding that it isnt the time and one of you arent ready to make that commitment, but thats ok, you still want to be together.

The 2nd part of what you said is what I think should go on. There should be no question that the girl is going to say yes if you ask her. Smart couples will talk about it a ton before they decide to make anything permanent. There's a lot more serious shit that goes into it, money, kids, life goals. I feel like most of my girlfriends just want the actual wedding and don't worry about what comes after. It all seems so obvious but some people don't get it.