MAN ADVICE

bring it on gf

haha, okay.

So, I've been in this weird thing with this guy on and off for 4 years now. We've both been in other relationships during this time, but have still talked (just as friends). He's been there for me through some really tough times, pretty much always has my back, and lets me be open about my thoughts and never tells me I'm just "being crazy." I do have feelings for him, but know that a relationship with him just would not work. How do I move on?! I want to see other people, but he's kind of always in the back of my mind and that's not fair when I'm trying to see other people. I want to be friends, but it's hard not to get physical when we do hang out.

helpppp

haha, okay.

So, I've been in this weird thing with this guy on and off for 4 years now. We've both been in other relationships during this time, but have still talked (just as friends). He's been there for me through some really tough times, pretty much always has my back, and lets me be open about my thoughts and never tells me I'm just "being crazy." I do have feelings for him, but know that a relationship with him just would not work. How do I move on?! I want to see other people, but he's kind of always in the back of my mind and that's not fair when I'm trying to see other people. I want to be friends, but it's hard not to get physical when we do hang out.

helpppp

heres how you move on: meet up with suchashorttime. 

Well, okayyy.

BUT I would still like some help, guys!

Advice on this is hard. I went through something similar with a girl while we were in HS/College. We both had feelings for each other for a LONG time (3+) years and yet were always in other relationships. I always had the same feelings you do that it's not fair to the people I was dating. Eventually we decided to start dating and make a serious effort at it. I wish this were one of those stories where I get to say she's my wife now, but in reality it lasted 3 months and ended very badly. I havent really talked to her since and that was 4+ years ago. She was my best friend for 5 years and I've barely spoken to her since. I knew that if I didnt at least try I would always have those what ifs. Honestly though everyone is different, but if you really dont want to give it a shot, do as Matt suggested and stop hanging out/talking to him, because other wise it's just gonna linger. Happy ending though I just got married in August so I was wrong when I was 16 and thought she was the one. 

Advice on this is hard. I went through something similar with a girl while we were in HS/College. We both had feelings for each other for a LONG time (3+) years and yet were always in other relationships. I always had the same feelings you do that it's not fair to the people I was dating. Eventually we decided to start dating and make a serious effort at it. I wish this were one of those stories where I get to say she's my wife now, but in reality it lasted 3 months and ended very badly. I havent really talked to her since and that was 4+ years ago. She was my best friend for 5 years and I've barely spoken to her since. I knew that if I didnt at least try I would always have those what ifs. Honestly though everyone is different, but if you really dont want to give it a shot, do as Matt suggested and stop hanging out/talking to him, because other wise it's just gonna linger. Happy ending though I just got married in August so I was wrong when I was 16 and thought she was the one. 

I'm just glad to hear a good outcome with all you went through! I hope you've gotten some kind of closure from that relationship.

yeah buttbutt I don't think you can be friends with that dude. until then you'll be missing out on someone who could change everything for you.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this for a while now. I just wish it didn't have to come to this.  :( But I will do what I have to.

Stop hanging out with him cause you know its going to lead to banging.

Also serious question, anyone here ever sell their jizz? Im debating it. They need it more than I do and Im trying to pay for school somehow...

if i were a dude, i totally would (definitely way more complicated/risky on the lady end of this). 

so long as you don't have any reservations about having a hypothetical child that might be roaming the earth, then i don't really see why not. 

Also serious question, anyone here ever sell their jizz? Im debating it. They need it more than I do and Im trying to pay for school somehow...

This. Would do it. I'm sure as hell am not using it. I'm sure someone out there would put it to use

But also this.

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

I think those places would pay me to make myself sterile.

I wanted to reply to buttbuttbutt's query, just because I have a difference of opinion on the matter. I think it would be a total dick move to stop hanging out with the guy. Pretty much because I have been in his type of situation many times, not exactly but... Basically when I start to get to know someone and think they are a good person I will be there for them, but then it always happens where the girl thinks there is some kind of obligation on their part. I mean really I just appreciate having a friend to talk to and not looking to muck that up. Not sure where your friend stands, could be totally different, but yeah it sucks cause like...

Well for one example I had this female friend who moved far away and she's always like 'yeah we'll hang out over skype sometime' which is cool cause I live in a small isolated town so I sometimes skype with friends who live far away. Anyways we kept making plans, but she kept making excuses and so I just finally stopped bringing the skype thing up cause I thought I was setting up some kind of expectation and that she would feel bad for never following through. Maybe it'll happen eventually, I'm not holding my breath tho, and its a bummer cause it's so hard to find good people, esp round these parts. And I think the reason she's so wishy-washy is cause she sees it as kind of a 'date' strictly because I'm male and she's female and we were good buds for a bit and had good talks and could relate to some extent. (Which is much more than I get out of most people.) So like she'll skype with family or female friends, but with me it might be weird, y'know? I think it sucks cause it's totally a double standard because I am male, and a typical expectation that I should want more than friendship but really I'm not asking for anything other than friendship and hangouts.

tl;dr: bros b4 hoes.

*edit* wanted to add: If dudes get jealous that you have a strictly platonic male friend... and that 100% for realz all it is, boo-urns to that man, those jealous/controlling types. Ugh. Recently I had a female friend delete me off fb... instead of getting butthurt I just sent her an inbox saying 'yknow I don't think I did anything but sorry if I offended you and no hard feelings.' She came back minutes later... apparently she had been dating some control freak and had recently broke it off. I guess he would go through her messages and delete ANY GUY AT ALL who talked to her or commented on anything she posted. So it was a similar situation, like just because I am a guy, I am not allowed to have female friends? And she's not allowed male friends? That's bunk. IMO.

True, but perhaps those jealous/controlling types have dealt with infidelity in previous relationships? I know that isn't always the case, but it happens...

All of this is why I stay single...too much to deal with.

The way I see it, its rare theyll actually use my loads anyway. And if they were to, thank god for the confidential program. This way in my mind, they just threw it away

I just looked into it out of curiosity, the application form is simple as hell and it they say they take 90% of applicants!

I guess it's $40 upon load delivered and then an additional $20 afterwards.  Not necessarily getting rich off of it, but I suppose it's free money for a substance that plenty of gentlemen donate into a sock on a regular basis.  I wonder how many times a week you can do it?

In regard to buttbuttbutt's dilema, I mostly agree with Infralateral Ark.  I think it would be unfair to get the guy out of your life like that.  I do think it might help to take a step back and spend less time with him though.  That'll give you some time to think about things without completely cutting him out of your life.  I haven't really been in a similar situation, so I don't have any first hand experience on this one.  I will say that if he isn't ready for a relationship or doesn't want one, it most likely won't end if you try to start one.

It might also help that whenever you spend time with him, do it on a group situation.  Don't put your self in scenarios where things really could happen, make circumstances work for you.

My best friend is a lady, but we've also known each other for 15 years or something.  We both realize that even though there is some attraction between us, we'd be a terrible couple.  Anyway, I'm getting hungry and am tired of thinking.  I hope things work out well for you!  You know us bozos in here will be more than happy to give our advice too.

I have been in pretty much that exact same situation... and I just feel like how’s she ever going to be able to give another guy a chance (100% full on chance) when she’s still seeing/hooking up with/thinking about the other dude. it doesn’t work.

I just looked into it out of curiosity, the application form is simple as hell and it they say they take 90% of applicants!

I guess it's $40 upon load delivered and then an additional $20 afterwards.  Not necessarily getting rich off of it, but I suppose it's free money for a substance that plenty of gentlemen donate into a sock on a regular basis.  I wonder how many times a week you can do it?

all i'm thinking now is: jerk off, buy record!

that's a pretty sweet deal, guys.