NOFX- Self Entitled- out September 11th- Pre order NOW

Or, why don't we all accept that if something from a popular band is that limited then it is intended for a collectors market. It will sell for big money six minutes after purchase the same way it will six months. The market is created by scarcity and will exist no matter what. I've long given up on caring about this stuff and just accept it.

Or, why don't we all accept that if something from a popular band is that limited then it is intended for a collectors market. It will sell for big money six minutes after purchase the same way it will six months. The market is created by scarcity and will exist no matter what. I've long given up on caring about this stuff and just accept it.

what he said.

Guest union706

It´s people´s choice to sell whatever they want once purchased but it´s Fat´s choice to note down names and refuse to sell to those in the future that just buy for flipping purposes

I don't know what you're complaining about, Fat is one the best labels when it comes to selling limited / in high demand records. They won't let you order more than a couple color copies of a record on their webstore & from what I've heard the employees at the Fat Store go out of their way to talk to people about others that might be flipping store exclusives. If they find out you hired someone to get you a record they won't sell it. They're not going to number every record and attach them to peoples personal names & addresses... That's kinda creepy anyway, I'd rather have flippers in that case.

It´s intended for collector´s and fans...not ebay

Last I checked eBay sold collectables to collectors. Those collectors are likely fans of the band since they are willing to pay asshole-high prices. A highly limited record would surely qualify as collectable. In fact, eBay is the most democratic manner for these items to reach the eyes of the most collectors worldwide considering their site traffic.

Look, it I'm not a fan of the practice but to get upset with every single new release that comes out is silly. The market is created by the limited nature. It is furthered by releasing it strictly through one physical location that has a small population of the labels fans considering it's global following. If it bothers a label then they should do what Red Scare does and not worry about colors or releasing pressing numbers. Simple enough.

Guest union706

I don't know what you're complaining about, Fat is one the best labels when it comes to selling limited / in high demand records. They won't let you order more than a couple color copies of a record on their webstore & from what I've heard the employees at the Fat Store go out of their way to talk to people about others that might be flipping store exclusives. If they find out you hired someone to get you a record they won't sell it. They're not going to number every record and attach them to peoples personal names & addresses... That's kinda creepy anyway, I'd rather have flippers in that case.

It´s not working, obviously...

Guest union706

Last I checked eBay sold collectables to collectors. Those collectors are likely fans of the band since they are willing to pay asshole-high prices. A highly limited record would surely qualify as collectable. In fact, eBay is the most democratic manner for these items to reach the eyes of the most collectors worldwide considering their site traffic.

Look, it I'm not a fan of the practice but to get upset with every single new release that comes out is silly. The market is created by the limited nature. It is furthered by releasing it strictly through one physical location that has a small population of the labels fans considering it's global following. If it bothers a label then they should do what Red Scare does and not worry about colors or releasing pressing numbers. Simple enough.

I can only repeat what I just said....these are not made for ebay....they are made for collector´s and when collector´s can only acquire them through ebay (as people buying them in the first place obviously do not want to keep them) for hundreds of dollars there´s no reason to do store exclusives...they´re ebay exclusives...

I can agree with that. I am coming around to liking the randomly inserted limited variant myself.

The point to these however is to get these diehards and, cringe, flippers in the door to the new physical location to support it. I'm sure there is no store in the country that wouldn't love to be able to sell 100-150 copies of a single release every few weeks.

Anyway, the secondary market is what it is. I won't pay more than $50 for a record unless it's a Test Press and even then I resold the three I've ever owned that went above $50.

i think that only would work if the label has the luxury of sitting on boxes of unsold records for years.

and collector nerds would howl and howl over that w/ only a random shot at getting one, and would end up paying more w/ an even more limited secondary market supply.

and, i think, in the end, interest in buying records from the label would diminish.

buying/selling/trading/listening to records is fun...shit ain't life or death...i'm on Team Chillax

FYI this plays at 45rpm, i really hate when records dont specify on the label.

With NOFX I assume it would be easy to differentiate between 33 and 45 because his vocals are pretty distinct. Try deciding between 33 and 45 on most hardcore albums. A lot of them sound pretty good at either speed. With a lot of the bands it's near impossible. Every band should really pop a 45/33 imprint on their package somewhere.

yep, it was only once the vocals kicked in that i could obviously tell.

its just extra annoying since i dont have a speed box so i have to stop the album, take off the platter, adjust the belt, put the platter back on and start playing again. not that it takes long, just annoying.

I wouldn't say Red Scare is the best example of flipper deterring since the releases are still limited. I'm not complaining just stating the facts. Since there's a gap between pressings, I feel the need to buy the second press even if it's identical. I don't mind this though because it makes me feel like my collection is better than yours since you only have one black copy of a Fat release. Plus I'm okay with Toby using his profits to pay for studio time instead of keeping records in print. I'd say a better example would be the big indies like Merge or Beggars that only press black.

As for Self Entitled, it's only my second NOFX album and I like the 72 song and the divorce song.