PO: Quicksand - Slip LP Reissue

Ugh I'm struggling with this one... such a crazy price for a single LP... but I love this record sooo much. I suppose I've actually bid more than $25 on the original pressing on eBay so I shouldn't complain so much. Just always bums me out when people sell new records for this much when decent labels still sell records for $10-15 new.

^ I wouldn't get mad man. There will be another night or date. Its been the pattern lately. Once one show goes well others follow.

Agreed. American Nightmare tickets were available at doors and that sold out ridiculously fast. A second show was added to that not long after. I missed out on there too, but I am going to wait it to see if there is a second date in NYC or anywhere else close for that matter. I am already seeing Teenage Bottlerock and Nothington the same night and rather not have to sell them off. Not to mention I'd have to take off work to deal with Megabus to NYC again. That's always a blast.

Agreed. American Nightmare tickets were available at doors and that sold out ridiculously fast. A second show was added to that not long after. I missed out on there too, but I am going to wait it to see if there is a second date in NYC or anywhere else close for that matter. I am already seeing Teenage Bottlerock and Nothington the same night and rather not have to sell them off. Not to mention I'd have to take off work to deal with Megabus to NYC again. That's always a blast.

It was definitely a "take a chill pill" moment for me, but the whole scalper thing really did me in. I've been waiting YEARS to see these guys get back together, and to go through the check out only to be met with "Not Available" in the next screen was pretty maddening haha.

Good news though, a poster on the United By Walter boards got in contact with Walter concerning the whole ticket debacle and here's what he had to say:

"Thanks for the heads up Thomas, I'm shocked that the tickets went so quickly. We're trying to figure out what to do. I wasn't sure it would sell out, crazy. In any case, (...) we'll make it right for the fans.

Best,

Walter"

I hope there isn't multiple pressings of this. Because i will be compelled to buy all.

i hope there is another non-SRC exclusive press that is not $22.

New show added 8/25. Tickets on sale 8/10. Will-call only.

I'd be very interested in hearing about how this reissue came to be and the process that went into rereleasing it... the new photos, the remaster, etc. etc. Especially after I had read about the original tapes being lost. Would be a cool little blog post around the time of release. :D

New show added 8/25. Tickets on sale 8/10. Will-call only.

I'd be very interested in hearing about how this reissue came to be and the process that went into rereleasing it... the new photos, the remaster, etc. etc. Especially after I had read about the original tapes being lost. Would be a cool little blog post around the time of release. :D

How could you leave out that the infamous RJ was the one who originally got the rights to it and was "working" on reissuing it through Academy Fight Song? That's probably the best part of the story. RJ ends up being the villain and then Justin the superhero saves the priceless treasure from the evil-doer and delivers it for the good of the masses. During the whole TOYPAJ fiasco, I felt bad for everyone who got ripped off, but my main concern was whether I was ever going to get my hands on a copy of this without blowing a prohibitive amount of money. This album was my version of what Nevermind was to most people. It was my gateway to better things, a sonic revolution to my ears. Thanks to all those involved in finally making it a reality.

Also, I'm starting to not be able to handle your avatar. It reminds me of how much it pains me to know it was never pressed. Do you have the two 7"s they put out before they signed to Epic? I lucked out and got them both off Discogs.

How could you leave out that the infamous RJ was the one who originally got the rights to it and was "working" on reissuing it through Academy Fight Song? That's probably the best part of the story. RJ ends up being the villain and then Justin the superhero saves the priceless treasure from the evil-doer and delivers it for the good of the masses. During the whole TOYPAJ fiasco, I felt bad for everyone who got ripped off, but my main concern was whether I was ever going to get my hands on a copy of this without blowing a prohibitive amount of money. This album was my version of what Nevermind was to most people. It was my gateway to better things, a sonic revolution to my ears. Thanks to all those involved in finally making it a reality.

Also, I'm starting to not be able to handle your avatar. It reminds me of how much it pains me to know it was never pressed. Do you have the two 7"s they put out before they signed to Epic? I lucked out and got them both off Discogs.

Yeah like I said, I'm interested in just how this whole thing went down. Especially getting the guys in the band down for it. I was incredibly worried that the AFS situation would leave this in limbo. Thankfully, such is not the case.

You and me both man. I have to give all the credit in the world to this and Helmet's Meantime.

Yep! Picked up both a few years ago. Last I had heard, Pete said Eddie was in contact with their lawyer to try and get the original masters back from Sony. Lets up we one day see the full-length pressed!