PO: Quicksand - Slip LP Reissue

Got my shipping notifications for the first presses that I ordered.

Now this mix up - do you mean that you sent those out accidentally in the place of the first presses ordered, or you just sent the second pressing out early to those who ordered it already?

Edit: That was incredibly confusing to try to write out.

Got my shipping notifications for the first presses that I ordered.

Now this mix up - do you mean that you sent those out accidentally in the place of the first presses ordered, or you just sent the second pressing out early to those who ordered it already?

Edit: That was incredibly confusing to try to write out.

No I just printed them. Nothing was sent out incorrectly. Packing slips and postage get printed as one paper, then passed onto the packer. The packer will verify and catch those mistakes, but I saw it before it even reached the person packing. Just trying to get as much out before USPS picks up at end of day today then will refund/ fix / email

Actually took those on my cell phone, haha.

Another question, where was it remastered? I've been seeing Sterling Sound (again) on a few websites but nothing from your initial announcement of the reissue.

Really interested in how this came to be, especially after the whole AFS debacle with it.

I remember that much being posted, but I'm wondering how they got to re-license it after AFS already had it licensed. At least I assume they did considering they were making announcements about hoping to have it out last year and working with Walter on the layout/inserts. Did RJ just straight up lose all the money he presumably put into it to get the ball rolling? I assume we'll never know, but I'd still like to.

I think RJ had the license, put it on the shelf because it was an expensive project (judging by how expensive this LP was) and figured even though he had the license that he'd finish it up later. That never happened and apparently Universal most likely rescinded the rights from AFS when it went under and licensed it to ShopRadioCast and Dine Alone. I also think major labels are enjoying the trend of vinyl reissues and are probably asking for more money to license out releases to those who want to put it on vinyl. Judging by the fact that its selling it looks like it is a trend that will continue for some time.

As for remastering its in the description that SRC posted

Remastered and pressed on limited edition 180 Gram vinyl.

Yes,we already know its remastered. Just wondering where it was actually done.

RJ/AFS started this project a long time ago. They obviously never completed it before the license was transfered to SRC. However the plates were done before we were given the license. The plates for vinyl were kept in Universals control (as with any major label license deal). I asked RJ since the mastering was done when he was supposed to do this project and he said that Walter had it remastered for vinyl at Sterling Sound. The plates were made from that master.

This may be why it was a bit confusing. We were told it was remastered but no other details than that. It took me a bit to get RJ to respond to my email about the details of the remaster.

Hope that helps!

RJ/AFS started this project a long time ago. They obviously never completed it before the license was transfered to SRC. However the plates were done before we were given the license. The plates for vinyl were kept in Universals control (as with any major label license deal). I asked RJ since the mastering was done when he was supposed to do this project and he said that Walter had it remastered for vinyl at Sterling Sound. The plates were made from that master.

This may be why it was a bit confusing. We were told it was remastered but no other details than that. It took me a bit to get RJ to respond to my email about the details of the remaster.

Hope that helps!

Wow. Thanks for the effort in getting the info and transparency in divulging it all.