Portugal The Man - The Majestic Majesty LP and Coupon Code

Here's what they posted on Facebook:

"VINYL UPDATE

We received the vinyl and had a listen to it. We got several copies sent to us. Some were good, some were terrible. We are in the process of talking to manufacturer because it appears to be coming from them. We will get back to you as soon as we can come to a resolution.

Again, this upsets us immensely and we apologize."

​So even the band says that good copies exist.

Here's what they posted on Facebook:

"VINYL UPDATE

We received the vinyl and had a listen to it. We got several copies sent to us. Some were good, some were terrible. We are in the process of talking to manufacturer because it appears to be coming from them. We will get back to you as soon as we can come to a resolution.

Again, this upsets us immensely and we apologize."

​So even the band says that good copies exist.

Amazing. I love that they are so invested in this release. And mine is definitely a botched copy.

I'm having a hard time believing that there are good copies of this in existence. I'm listening again and it is pretty obviously a mastering issue. My guess is that people who claim their copies sound good have setups that cause all their records to have lots of sibilance and clipping so they can't tell the difference on this release. On any decent setup this would sound audibly crappy. I could be wrong. Don't get offended if you have a proper setup and your copy sounds fine. I tweeted at the band again today. Let's see if we can get any kind of resolution on this.

*edit

Check. Check 1. Sibilance. Sibilance. Check. Check. Check 2. Sibilance. Sibilance. ChaCha!

I'm really hoping that ptm originally took interest in pressing this first and contracted evr. Otherwise Evr should definitely initially looked into this first rather than the band pick up their slack ,but it's great ptm is layin down the law on em. AGENT JOHN GOURLEY PTM,PD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

FINALLY

Per Portugal. The Man's Facebook:

A few months ago, it was brought to our attention that many vinyl copies of The Majestic Majesty were distorted and simply did not sound right. Equal Vision has corrected the issue and repressed the album. Anyone who needs a replacement should send the original record back to Equal Vision. Please include a note with your return address.

Equal Vision Records
Attn: Majestic Majesty
Po Box 38202
Albany NY 12203-8202

We apologize for this issue, thanks for sticking with us.

P.TM

• 3 weeks later...

My replacement got delivered a few days ago too. Haven't had a chance to spin yet. Will update when I do.

*Update

Spinning now. Sounds much better than my original copy. Happy EVR finally made good on this. I thought I wouldn't like the fact that they added center labels, but the plain white label on black vinyl suits the artwork nicely.